• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi,

I was refused an interview with Ninja Theory in late-2010, but I thought I'd try again now. As of five minutes ago, an email has been fired off through the weber-pipes and will have likely ended up passing through Ninja Theory's virtual letterbox by now. The email essentially consists of me failing to sound clever, being overly flattering and flirtatious, and damn-near threatening to tell my mum if they don't consent to an interview. Also: it contains none of those things.

While I await their response -- and they could just as easily leave a resounding "No!" in my inbox -- I thought I might see if we could get some interesting, fan-submitted questions going. I have one question I'd also love to ask, if they give me the chance, but I'd like to pick the collective brains of this community and see what burning questions you lot might want to have answered. A fan-based Q&A does sound nice. Let's get those creative juices flowing, DMC lovers!

Leave your questions below and I'll catalogue the best ones and have 'em forwarded onto the Ninja Theory team. Keep 'em sensible and keep 'em clean, please!

If I hadn't already made it clear enough: they might decline an interview. In which case, well, we can always try again in the future.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Would you like to work with capcom again for a game in the canonical Devil may cry series after this one?

Are there going to be any recurring characters rebooted because that would be nice

How far can you get in the combo bar because quadruple S would be awesome

Will there be an alternate costume for the original dante?

Will Dante go through character development and if so how much?

How big will any plot twist be?

Are there going to be easter eggs referencing to games by you or capcom?

Are you guys going to call the authorities over the death threats? (current technology allows the government to track each and every death threat to the exact location , i believe this will at least get rid of the ones in US , UK i am not sure of.)

What are the movies you guys are referencing in game ,because I recall Tameem saying the game was
going to take aspects from recent movies to go with the pop cultural theme of the Devil may cry franchise

Does new Dante still smoke since we have not seen him do it recently?

New Dante is half demon and half angel but if that is the case why does he look completely human?

Is there going to be any extra things about the story not in the game (E.g. Alternate reality Game , novels, anime)
Are you guys adding the styles in to the game that were in 3/4 is
is
there going to be something similar to the original devil trigger implemented in the game

Are the enemies similiar to previous ones

is this project taking any inspiration from hideki kamiya's work
a

Ana

Are there any plans for outfits? Say, coat-less Dante? Or maybe a Sparda mode?

(*is shot by angry fans*)

More seriously, what genre would they classify the DmC story as?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
1. Will you share the old designs of Dante and the death threats you received with us? If yes, when can we expect that? If no, why not?

2. Why do you talk about DmC and DMC Dante as if they are the exactly same character? DMC Dante is not DmC Dante as teen. DmC Dante is just a character based off DMC Dante.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
how did you decide on the name DmC?
will Vergil be in the game?
what characters from previous games will appear in DmC?
what other weapons will Dante have?
will there be any other playable characters?
why do words appear on the walls and floor during the "escape" trailer?
when will DmC come out?
will Sparda have any involvement in the story?
what is the boss that has appeared in a few of the trailers?
why is the "Devil Trigger" so different from previous games?
do the three forms each have a different "Devil Trigger" or do they all have the same one?
Dante smoked in the first trailer but not the other ones. is he still going to smoke in the game or was that taken out due to the fan reaction?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
More about the new girl! Is she a completely new character or a version of Lady/Trish/etc. shaped to fit in this new DmC world?

Also: mrrandomlulz I keep noticing you're double-posting. Please resort to editing your post if you want to add something next time.

Meg

Both Ninja Theory and Capcom have used different words to describe how this game relates to the main series: reboot, prequel, rebirth, parallel universe, etc. What exactly is this game in relation to the main series? Is Dante in this game a younger version of the Dante in past games, or is he an original character with some similarities?

Not part of the question, but I think from a story standpoint it would be more interesting if this Dante was an all new character. That way he can develop into his own without having to fit into the canon. :)

Also! ^^ Do you have any plans for games to come after DmC?

mrrandomlulz

More about the new girl! Is she a completely new character or a version of Lady/Trish/etc. shaped to fit in this new DmC world?

Also: mrrandomlulz I keep noticing you're double-posting. Please resort to editing your post if you want to add something next time.
ok sorry i will try to avoid it

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don't see the point of a interviewer if you are gonna go soft on the person your interviewing. The questions i put forth will probably sent into garbage can.

For example i want Tameem to say with his own words that DmC Dante is not DMC Dante, and neither is DmC Dante a younger version of DMC Dante. But if that question is asked he will probably say something misleading like "Well in a sense he is".

Pretty much all gaming reporters i have seen interviewing Ninja theory or Capcom has been kissing their ass instead of being critical, and formulating and keep asking questions that will make sure no confusion will be around when the questions have been answered.

Both Ninja Theory and Capcom have used different words to describe how this game relates to the main series: reboot, prequel, rebirth, parallel universe, etc. What exactly is this game in relation to the main series? Is Dante in this game a younger version of the Dante in past games, or is he an original character with some similarities?

Not part of the question, but I think from a story standpoint it would be more interesting if this Dante was an all new character. That way he can develop into his own without having to fit into the canon. :)

Also! ^^ Do you have any plans for games to come after DmC?
I don't know how DmC Dante can be a "original character" considering he's based off DMC Dante by alot. Demon powers, white hair (patch), guns, sword etc.

But isn't it pretty clear that DmC Dante is not a younger version of DMC Dante? It's a reboot, and many times we have been told to look at DmC as a new game. Also DMC Dante was born with white hair and is not half angel, where as DmC Dante has white hair supposedly because of demon powers.

All you need is Tameem/CApcom to say it "No, this is not DMC Dante".
But like i said they don't want to say that because it would distance DmC Dante from DMC Dante, and that would be bad for sales.

mrrandomlulz

I don't see the point of a interviewer if you are gonna go soft on the person your interviewing. The questions i put forth will probably sent into garbage can.

For example i want Tameem to say with his own words that DmC Dante is not DMC Dante, and neither is DmC Dante a younger version of DMC Dante. But if that question is asked he will probably say something misleading like "Well in a sense he is".

Pretty much all gaming reporters i have seen interviewing Ninja theory or Capcom has been kissing their ass instead of being critical, and formulating and keep asking questions that will make sure no confusion will be around when the questions have been answered.
Yeah i noticed eventstatus pointing that out
man he is good at this

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Is there any other capcom franchises you would have liked to work on?

Do you have any ideas or interest in working with the original canon?

To prase T redgrave's as a question.

How involved is the new girl in the game's story?

Is she based on a character from the old canon or is she a new creation?

Dark Drakan

Admin

Theres a difference in asking a question of a games developer and listening to their views on things and trying to make them give you an answer that you personally want to hear to a question thats worded in a condescending belittling manner.

Its not up to journalists to be 'critical' as they arent meant to be judging an unfinished product but getting answers on things that are being working on currently that the development team are allowed to talk about. Most things they wont be allowed to talk about yet as the game is much to far away from being released. Never going to get interviews with developers if you are overly critical of them and pick apart every comment.

Meg

Some fun general questions would be what are some games that you really like? What about game characters. Oh! And with more games having focus on story like Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed, and Bioshock: do you see story and characters in video games becoming more important?

EDIT: Oh! And even though it was said that Enslaved wasn't getting a sequel would you be willing to reconsider based on DmC's success?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Theres a difference in asking a question of a games developer and listening to their views on things and trying to make them give you an answer that you personally want to hear to a question thats worded in a condescending belittling manner.

Its not up to journalists to be 'critical' as they arent meant to be judging an unfinished product but getting answers on things that are being working on currently that the development team are allowed to talk about. Most things they wont be allowed to talk about yet as the game is much to far away from being released. Never going to get interviews with developers if you are overly critical of them and pick apart every comment.

How is it condescending to ask if DmC Dante is DMC Dante as teen? It's a decent question.

I am not saying a journalist should judge the game. I am just saying that when a journalist asks a question, he or she should make sure that the question is answered correctly.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
1)will it be a the typical mission based game or a movie like game that has seemless loading.
2)Will we be seeing a large variety of enemies that come in different shapes and sizes from what we see now.
3)why hasn't he smoked,or has that been cut out
4)Will dante be able to throw cars(perform environmental attacks) during combat.
5)Is the game just gonna revolve round hunting down demon camera.
MOST IMPORTANTLY
6)Will the game have "TAUNTS".
Off-topic: smoking and blowing smoke on a demons face in headlock,would be the coolest/most badass TAUNT in any dmc game ever!!!IMO

Meg

It might help if you tell NT what kind of questions you want to ask. Since this is not an official site NT might feel like if they do an interview it's just going to be a bunch of stupid questions. However, if you send them some sample questions they might see that you have good intentions and be more willing to talk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom