• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's last name?

berto

I Saw the Devil
HE has none. In an interview for DMC1 Kamiya mentioned that they would not release information like hight, weight, blood type, birthday/place, or anything that related to personal information because it takes away from the mystery of the character.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, there is no official last name for the Twins...or really any character in the DMC series. The closest we have is Redgrave from the Tony Redgrave alias he went by. Most people just call them "Dante and Vergil Sparda", or the old nordic style of Dante and Vergil Spardason.

Dev Brown

I'm the internet.
Yeah, there is no official last name for the Twins...or really any character in the DMC series. The closest we have is Redgrave from the Tony Redgrave alias he went by. Most people just call them "Dante and Vergil Sparda", or the old nordic style of Dante and Vergil Spardason.
Thanks, man. I thought it might have been explained or mentioned in the series, guess not.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, there is no official last name for the Twins...or really any character in the DMC series.

Well Nelo Angelo was a character in Devil May Cry, even if it was just Vergil anyway. And he has a last name. But if we're talking about 'actual' last names, then yeah you're right, nobody has one.

Which to me. Is a little weird.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nero Angelo is more a title than an actual name, so that kind'a doesn't count as having a family or surname. It does seem odd that the only character in the series to actually be given family names are Enzo Ferino and Patty Lowell.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Lady denounced her name, Trish never had one to begin with, and i guess that dante and vergil's last names are sparda seeing how when dante fought mundas he said "once again i must face a sparda strange fate, isnt it?" so it could have been that sparda was actually a last name; most upper class demons were most likely some what respective to each other so it could have actually been a last name

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Copnsidering that Sparda was called "the Dark Knight Sparda", it's likely that he, and other demons, don't have family names. I've seen some people called the twins Dante and Vergil Spardason, like the old european fashion of representing "Sparda's Son", and it probably works since we'll never get an official last name from Capcom, and since their parents in the NT reboot are both eternals, they wouldn't have surnames.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Copnsidering that Sparda was called "the Dark Knight Sparda", it's likely that he, and other demons, don't have family names. I've seen some people called the twins Dante and Vergil Spardason, like the old european fashion of representing "Sparda's Son", and it probably works since we'll never get an official last name from Capcom, and since their parents in the NT reboot are both eternals, they wouldn't have surnames.
when i first saw people call dante and vergil, dante sparda and vergil sparda i was all like "wtf thats stupid and uninspiring" then after awhile i was like yeah we have nothing better to call them it would be nice if they did give them last names but whatever and in the reboot nyeeeeeeeeee <,< wouldn't dante and vergil take the last names of their adoptive parents or atleast vergil would :S

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil's case, probably, if we ever find out who adopted him and their surname. It tends to be one of those details the games always gloss over and don't consider important.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...technically Dante's surname is whatever Eva's family name was, since Sparda didn't really have a surname, and I doubt it's Alighieri., if anything, that'd be his middle name as a joke, and Vergil would be Vergil Maro (insert surname)

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Alighieri is actually the surname of the historial Dante who wrote the Divine Comedy, that's what he's joking about
shiiit i totally forgot that and im reading it right now *smacks self repeatedly* and now i guess i get the reference from the fan fiction

Top Bottom