• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

ZeroLove

Fine. Then let's discuss. People liked my comments. Counterargument?

People hit the "Like" button mostly because they agree. Not because it was necessarily right. We've discussed this before where I expressed my thoughts about you being overreactive against skeptics and as of late, many of the newcomers to this forum share that overreactive personality, being hyper defensive to DmC or being very much against it, going out of their way to make fanboyish comments and rage against those who do not share their opinions.

The comments that were thrown into that video are good examples of such from the supporter side. Yours included.
That being said, you don't always make such posts and comments. There's a reasonable side in you which peeks its head out from time to time and I got to see it when we were chatting the other day. However, those are not the comments people define you on. If you make some unfortunate comments, if you let your rage take over and such, then those are the comments people notice and will define you on, not noticing the times where you actually have made some good and reasonable comments.

People who watch this video and don't know the rest of you will now see you as a moronic fanboy. That was the reason why this video was made, to make supporters look stupid.

radicalcx

PHUC YEAH! MY COMMENTS WERE IN THAT VID 4 TIMES. COUNT 'EM MUTHAFUCKA! FOUR.

I also love how they read my praise of the transition from cutscene to gameplay in an orgasmic voice. Because that's just how much I love DmC.

THEY EVEN DID THE SHAO KHAN *OUTSTANDING* SOUND EFFECT. ALRIGHT!
I tried my best

Azurel

At that age I didnt even know people complained about WW

I did. At it was actually ten times worse. People at school didn't like it. The fan mail was horrendous. I even remember the reading the hate mail in GamePro for it. It was bad.

At first, I myself didn't like it, but then started to like it and began to hate all the 'skeptics' comments about it. I guess this whole DmC fiasco just reminded me of that and I felt the need to defend it.

radicalcx

I did. At it was actually ten times worse. People at school didn't like it. The fan mail was horrendous. I even remember the reading the hate mail in GamePro for it. It was bad.

At first, I myself didn't like it, but then started to like it and began to hate all the 'skeptics' comments about it. I guess this whole DmC fiasco just reminded me of that and I felt the need to defend it.
The difference here being that while Wind Waker was made by the greatest game designer in history, DmC is made by people who played half of DMC 4, figured Nero was Dante, and made a terrible game based on a beloved franchise.

ZeroLove

The difference here being that while Wind Waker was made by the greatest game designer in history, DmC is made by people who played half of DMC 4, figured Nero was Dante, and made a terrible game.

So you don't like Ninja Theory. Fair enough. But this comment of yours shows your bias and ignorance.

radicalcx

So you don't like Ninja Theory. Fair enough. But this comment of yours shows your bias and ignorance.
Back when they were Just Add Monsters they made a pretty fun party game on xbox. I liked it. Everything they've made since then is ****, though.

Dominus

At that age I didnt even know people complained about WW
F47fv.jpg

Blacknerd

I was always optimistic and I loved the artstlye since zelda had various art-styles as is Link to the past n such. So I never hated any game that wanted to do something different

ZeroLove

Back when they were Just Add Monsters they made a pretty fun party game on xbox. I liked it. Everything they've made since then is ****, though.

And that is you opinion, however, that does not make your statement true about them "playing half the DMC4 and mistook Nero for Dante"...

So you made that video, huh? I agree that as of late, there have been people on here, both supporters and skeptics, have gone out of their way to express their opinions and rage at those who disagree. However, it has not always been like this. Just a few weeks ago we could chat about DmC and the original series without going at eachothers throats. We could have mature and reasonable discussions about the games.

Your video just shows one side of the story. Definately not all of it. And it is sad that you felt the need to ridicule some people, just because you disagree with them. I hope you are a better person outside of the internet.

Azurel

But like I said before, they still failed.

Those supporter arguments were actually pretty accurate, going out of their way to explain why they felt the way they did.

And when I started posting on "The Ending Spoiler" thread, I didn't say anything other than, "I really like the ending," at first.

And what happened?

I was accused of having poor taste. That's what got me going. I never started anything with anyone.

The only thing that made the video "funny" was the fact that they used the voices to make the comments appear out of context. That's it. People who can see past that horseshite will know that it's somewhat funny at best, and inaccurate at worst.

The skeptics were the ones who decided to kick the hornets' nest. And now they've done so again. I've never even heard of BattleGuys before now. And not nearly as many people would have either if they hadn't made fun of the DmC supporters.

It's no different than standing next to a guy who's talking and start saying, "mimimimimimi," in a high-pitched voice while making a "talking" motion with your hand.

If these guys become famous, it's because they've done so riding on the coattails of the likes of Jim Sterling.
Personally, I hope Jim does a video on this, and actually praises my comments for it (but of course, that would be too much to ask, seeing as how it would never happen).

I say this because Jim Sterling talks in that exact same tone of voice when making fun of the industry in the videos. And because they were making fun of him in the vid.

This is low-hanging fruit. It's not an argument, it's not carefully explained rationale, pointing out the flaws in the supporters in a satirical manner, it's mimicking. Nothing more, nothing less.

And the only people who will accept that at face value are those who can't think for themselves. They will view the comments as "battlguys" present it, as opposed to actually reading the comments and realizing that there's more to that post than what was presented in that particular context.

I know that these people had their reasons to post what they did. The voices might have been slightly humorous, but that was the only thing this video had to offer: a fleeting moment in humor.

radicalcx

And that is you opinion, however, that does not make your statement true about them "playing half the DMC4 and mistook Nero for Dante"...

So you made that video, huh? I agree that as of late, there have been people on here, both supporters and skeptics, have gone out of their way to express their opinions and rage at those who disagree. However, it has not always been like this. Just a few weeks ago we could chat about DmC and the original series without going at eachothers throats. We could have mature and reasonable discussions about the games.

Your video just shows one side of the story. Definately not all of it. And it is sad that you felt the need to ridicule some people, just because you disagree with them. I hope you are a better person outside of the internet.
I didn't make the video, I just did the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 15th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd voices.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
You can't really say that, just because you personally don't like the game does not mean you can just throw random info based on your own dislike for what has happened to the series.

Also, people on both sides of the fence have gone waaaay overboard with this whole thing and in the end it has done nothing to make the series look better and has just showed how immature and foolish gamers can be. At the end of the day this is just a video game, it's not a matter of life or death like some people seem to treat it. If you like it, play it, buy it, if you dont, who cares spend your money on something else. But all this extreme stuff like making facebook pages to protest a video game, or making video rants to tell the world how mad you are that this is not DMC5 or that anyone who does not like the new Dante is gay lol, is just so stupid and pointless.

It's a video game lol, it's not the end of the world...

Top Bottom