• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

Azurel

The difference here being that while Wind Waker was made by the greatest game designer in history, DmC is made by people who played half of DMC 4, figured Nero was Dante, and made a terrible game based on a beloved franchise.

4 main temples in a game where they didn't even have to use textures (Miyamoto even said that was one of the perks of using cel-shading) does not a Zelda game make. I liked it, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Majora's Mask.

I know Majora's Mask also had only 4 temples, but it was made only two years (more or less) after Ocarina of Time. Gamecube was easier to make games for, and they had more time to make more temples (no, I'm not counting the temple where you have to raise and lower the water levels with the Red King boat or whatever). I'm also not counting the "fire" and "ice" island. Weak.

That's why Twilight Princess had a lot more main temples and took a lot more time to develop for. Because they put a lot more effort into it that time. I wouldn't have cared whether or not it was cel-shaded. I just wanted more quality temples.

radicalcx

I know. I read it. It was obviously written in jest. And who cares about what his orientation is?
I was simply reading something Jim Sterling wrote in a stupid voice. I'm not trying to reach fame "riding on his coattails"
I'm not even credited in the video

Blacknerd

Also Azurel to go on with what you said about people judging your taste look at the picture I posted on page 1. Where all I said was I liked how we get to see into dantes past then 2 people jumped on my comment as if I was wrong for having a separate opinion.

ZeroLove

I was simply reading something Jim Sterling wrote in a stupid voice. I'm not trying to reach fame "riding on his coattails"

Then let me ask you this... What are you doing here? In these forums? Why have you joined this site?

Azurel

Also Azurel to go on with what you said about people judging your taste look at the picture I posted on page 1. Where all I said was I liked how we get to see into dantes past then 2 people jumped on my comment as if I was wrong for having a separate opinion.

Yeah. How dare you try to form your own opinion! They don't focus on his past. They don't explain anything! Why couldn't they give this to Platinum Games and their zero-explanation stories?? I feel so cheated.

Anyway, they devoted a whole mission (number 2) to his past. I'd say that shows at least a considerable amount of devotion to the care of interactive exposition. Notice how almost none of the actual level itself (only before and after) were cutscenes? They had Dante follow his former self and slowly remember everything while exploring the house in between the high-octane demon slaying sessions.

That's something that very few developers (from what I've seen) have done. The only thing I can compare it to is Assassin's Creed and Batman: Arkham Asylum with their "interactive cutscenes".

radicalcx

Then let me ask you this... What are you doing here? In these forums? Why have you joined this site?
Someone linked me to this thread where the Azurel guy was commenting on the tone of voice I used to represent him and frankly it's rude not to respond to feedback.

Azurel

Fine. I'll take that. You didn't have to try to make the supporters look bad, though. They had reasonable explanations.

I myself have made a thread constructively criticizing the game. I did it humorously, and without crossing the line. I could actually do so with the supporters as well.

My point is, I have reason to believe you enjoyed making fun of others, and that there was at least some malice behind your intentions.

However, you claim there isn't, and the fact that you didn't insult me yet supports your claim at least a little. I'll take your word for it... for now.

And it was good of your to join this thread to listen to our feedback, and not to insult me (because you seemed to be really gunning for me in that video... just my viewpoint, is all). *shrugs*

So yes, I think I can put it all behind me and say, "Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for not flaming."

Azurel

Someone linked me to this thread where the Azurel guy was commenting on the tone of voice I used to represent him and frankly it's rude not to respond to feedback.

Wow. You joined just to respond to me? Thanks. Hahaha...

No really, thanks. It's good to see that you actually went out of your way to do so.

Azurel

So, who linked you to this thread? I'm betting it was multibro, wasn't it?

That guy must really have a hard-on for me...

Top Bottom