• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

Downfall

I will do tomorrow. I spent today getting through the campaign. Loved it. Now I'm really experimenting with this game in the training room. Really trying to push what Dante can do. I'll name my first combo after you.

Hey... think you could name one after me too, please?

Why is it in 60FPS?

Kablooey is essentially Lucifer.

That's what I thought. I have no idea as to why people hate Kablooey. At least it didn't have this... :ermm:

*shakes head slowly* -_-

There's a lot going here, what you don't see in the weapon switching that I'm doing. Anyone who played DMC4 knows the amount of faffing around you do with the Dpad and DmC is no different.

You're right, it isn't all that different. The combo trees are still rather expansive here.

Downfall

I would agree that DMC3 still stands at the top of the DMC foodchain. I really did enjoy DMC4 until around level 10 or 11. I could forgive the fact that the combat was not as intricate as 3 but the horrible pacing, level design, and story which I never typically care about in a DMC game but was just too absurd and aggravating in this game to ignore. Still liked the game and spent way too much time in bloody palace on that game.

Tell that to ChaserTech... :ermm:

ChaserTech

Kablooey is essentially Lucifer.

I hate to correct you, but it's far from being Lucifer.

The Darts = Lucifer Swords
The Explosion = Nero's Charged Shot lvl. 3

Kablooey's darts don't really do much other than latch onto the enemy. And the explosion is something that you manually detonate (don't know if they automatically detonate at a specific time). And they can also stack up, adding more damage. You can only shoot one dart at a time, as well as having out 5 darts on the playing field. (I believe it's 5)

Lucifer is much more than that. Not only you are able to summon swords, but you can summon multiple swords at the same time suspended in different areas for enemies to walk into them. You can also target enemies with multiple swords and embed them with said swords. The darts that are placed on the field/embedded in an enemy can also be exploded by automatic detonation or time based detonation. Even the detonation can be used as an attack to pop enemies into the air.

Kablooey is essentially the "ghetto" version of Lucifer. It only shoots and detonates and there's not much variety for it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I hate to correct you, but it's far from being Lucifer.

The Darts = Lucifer Swords
The Explosion = Nero's Charged Shot lvl. 3

Kablooey's darts don't really do much other than latch onto the enemy. And the explosion is something that you manually detonate (don't know if they automatically detonate at a specific time). And they can also stack up, adding more damage. You can only shoot one dart at a time, as well as having out 5 darts on the playing field. (I believe it's 5)

Lucifer is much more than that. Not only you are able to summon swords, but you can summon multiple swords at the same time suspended in different areas for enemies to walk into them. You can also target enemies with multiple swords and embed them with said swords. The darts that are placed on the field/embedded in an enemy can also be exploded by automatic detonation or time based detonation. Even the detonation can be used as an attack to pop enemies into the air.

Kablooey is essentially the "ghetto" version of Lucifer. It only shoots and detonates and there's not much variety for it.
I wouldn't call it the "ghetto" version.
I'd like to think of Kablooey as Lucifer's annoying little brother, weak and not able to do as much great as it's older brother and tries it's best to impress him, but the teeth on him will make your arm bleed. (the explosion)

Nekodark

I truly do not care what others do with their free time as long as I can ignore it which is easy to do, but not to long ago a friend of mine was laughing their heads off and sighing about obsession finally I got tired of it and asked what got their amusement and annoyance and they told me they found a post on Tumblr of someone posting a video either it is theirs or someone else with comments from this site (I think there are other sites but I really do not know nor want to know)..I declined to view it since I do not have time for such things if someone is so obsessed with something I can just keep going and let it pass. yes some of the things I see are amusing and eye roll worthy but things like that just makes me head tilt and decided it is not even worth it since I am not bored enough. xD

ZeroLove

I just hate the name... "Kablooey"... Really? The other weapons have cool names, but then one of them gets the name of a cartoony explosion sound... Lucifer was at least quite cool.

Nekodark

I just hate the name... "Kablooey"... Really? The other weapons have cool names, but then one of them gets the name of a cartoony explosion sound... Lucifer was at least quite cool.

Yeah I use Lucifer a lot oh gods I loved Helel even more Morning Star was my fav move all shiny..oh wait wrong game

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

In DMC1, Dante named Force Edge "Woozy" :p

Downfall

Hehe Persona games

I love Persona 3 and 4. But the Purists will call it "trash compared to P1 and P2" (think 'DMC hardcore fans' and you'll get the idea).

The only reason I got a Vita was for P4G. One of the best games I've ever gotten.

Downfall

Yeah... I never liked Force Edge. Sparda as a weapon looks ALOT more awesome and I find Rebellion to both look cooler and has a better name. I have no idea why so many people like Force Edge, but yeah...

I guess 'cause it made the game more difficult. That, and because Vergil uses it "more proficiently" than Dante.

Ah, that explains it, I've never played any of those...

You should. I actually forced myself to start playing P4 (PS2 version) because Extra Credits (and some other game sites) kept recommending it. Once I started though, I couldn't stop. It took over my life in a way that not even DMC3 could.

Nekodark

I love Persona 3 and 4. But the Purists will call it "trash compared to P1 and P2 (think 'DMC harcore fans' and you'll get the idea)
The only reason I got a Vita was for P4G. One of the best games I've ever gotten.

played all the Persona games as I did the DMC games and as long as I like them I can care less what others say about any new game in or any spin off that comes out, it is me who decides what is good for myself not others.

I had a vita already but my gods P4G has not left it since I got it..
In DMC1, Dante named Force Edge "Woozy" :p

Damn when I saw that name Star Wars came to mind...it always do..lol

Ah, that explains it, I've never played any of those...

Le gasp!! :O

Have you played any SMT games?

Top Bottom