• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the most helpful style to you in DMC 3

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
RoyalGuard to spam Spiral more rapidly. It's all in the matter of pressing Gun Attack then Style Use buttons alternately as fast as you can.

It is also helpful in the final battle against Vergil for the third time!

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
It all boils down to one's opinion.
Thus this thread is completely subjective!

Thank you, Captain Obvious! :laugh:

I used the Swordmaster style the most. Royal Guard was pretty much useless, because I hardly ever take damage anyway, and Swordmaster is much handier for dealing damage. I love chaining combos - without jump canceling, that is. I think I used Gunslinger like once in a lifetime, for dramatic effect.

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Thank you, Captain Obvious! :laugh:

I used the Swordmaster style the most. Royal Guard was pretty much useless, because I hardly ever take damage anyway, and Swordmaster is much handier for dealing damage. I love chaining combos - without jump canceling, that is. I think I used Gunslinger like once in a lifetime, for dramatic effect.
Why thank you, kind sir.

It seems each Style Dante possesses has its own strengths and weaknesses too.

So here is my most used Styles by most frequently used throughout my playthrough of DMC3:
1. Royal Guard (Spam Spiral rapidly with this for maximum Stylish Points as well as my most recommended Style to use against Vergil for the third and final time)
2. Swordmaster (I too am also for close-quarters more than ranged combat)
3. Trickster (Air Trick is very useful and so is Sky Star)
4. Quicksilver (Time Lag...)
5. Gunslinger (Since I prefer up-close-and-personal melee over ranged. But I liked Twosome Time for Ebony & Ivory since that is heavily inspired from the art known as Gun Kata, used first in the movie Equilibrium.)
6. Doppelganger (my least favorite Style; unless I go Two Player.)

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
I used Trickster a lot on the higher difficulties, but I found out, rather later on, that Quicksilver was a significant life saver, especially when it came to combo'ing bosses for S rank and defeating the Damned Chessboard on DMD difficulty.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Sword Master! I just love aerial attacks! But I always did have a soft spot for Gunslinger.

I still wish that Devil May Cry 3 gave us the choice of switching styles during gameplay like Devil May Cry 4 did. If it did, it would in my opinion be the definitely be the best hack n slash game of all time. The possibilities man... the possibilities...

Top Bottom