• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to remake DMC2?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I might rethink Lucia's twist of being a clone. It wasn't well explained in the game itself and can be considered a rethread of Trish.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I might rethink Lucia's twist of being a clone. It wasn't well explained in the game itself and can be considered a rethread of Trish.
why you don't think it was explained in the game? I thought it was that she was artificial demon made by Arius. You can consider her clone, but I thought she was just one of the mass produced demons.

dg1995

I haven't played 2 but Dante's personality made sense for me.(Since he is been demon hunting his whole life and in the end it looks like he didn't make that much difference. Every guy in that position will turn into a cold and quiet person.)

@absolitude @LordOfDarkness

I think another reason could be Dante never came to terms with Vergil's death in DMC1.
One problem I have with DMC 1 is this that Dante's relationship with Virgil was underdeveloped and after he gets virgil's amulet he completely forgets that he killed his own brother.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I haven't played 2 but Dante's personality made sense for me.(Since he is been demon hunting his whole life and in the end it looks like he didn't make that much difference. Every guy in that position will turn into a cold and quiet person.)

One problem I have with DMC 1 is this that Dante's relationship with Virgil was underdeveloped and after he gets virgil's amulet he completely forgets that he killed his own brother.
I chalk it up to developer oversight and something you can fix in a rewrite or remake.

That's an ok reason for his shift but I think the problem is that the game didn't go deeper and explain it. Or challenge his way of thinking and give him any kind of carthasis.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What if Lucia was Arius' top enforcer, and then somehow lost her memories? That might be grounds for Arius to call her a "defect".

Speaking of, Arius need some major work to be a more interesting villain, as does Argosax. Arius, as he is, was interesting enough, but I feel like a lot more could be done with him.

Argosax though... Wow. Talk about ass pulls.

windleopard

What if Lucia was Arius' top enforcer, and then somehow lost her memories? That might be grounds for Arius to call her a "defect".

Speaking of, Arius need some major work to be a more interesting villain, as does Argosax. Arius, as he is, was interesting enough, but I feel like a lot more could be done with him.

Argosax though... Wow. Talk about ass pulls.

I figured Arius' comment about Lucia being a defect was because she wouldn't obey him.

What ass pulls did Argosax have?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'll focus more on Lucia and have Dante be a mentor/supporting role.

Or just replace Dante with Trish and Lady, Nero, Vergil or V. I thought about having Enzo working for Arius and having him be a rival of sorts for Dante or Lady.

It's been 30 years since we last saw him in the manga so he's a lot different than when we last saw him. He probably would reuse "the green jacket guy" design the art book mentioned.

windleopard

One thing I'd add (either as DLC or an unlockable content) is a story that takes place in Matier's past where she met Sparda as he helped her clan seal away Argosax. It would provide more content and expand more on Matier. Maybe even develop Argosax some more.

BlackAngel

ok, I think story need to reworked and especially dialogues. Bosses need more personality. I mean they set some really cool designs liek Nefasturris and Bolverk and didn't do anything with them which is really shame.

Bolverk is a a total badass and a worthy opponent for a boss battle in the game. And I do agree that the bosses needs more personality like on DMC1

BlackAngel

I would drop the shift in Dante's personality as there is no real in-story reason for it.

I disagree. Dante's character needs to remain as it is on DMC2 to have him as a mature, yet tragic character. They could set playable backstories to explain why Dante is not the same person as he once was.

BlackAngel

That would be perfect!

Plus to explore on Bolverk too. He needs speaking parts.

Imagine him voicing from Scott McNeil.
Me personally, I don't mind Bolverk as the silent antagonist. But I do agree that he needs a backstory and lore.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm refraining cause DMC5's ending is supposed to tie into DMC2 somehow. So I wanna see that before having an opinion on how they could adjust Dante's character.

BlackAngel

I'm refraining cause DMC5's ending is supposed to tie into DMC2 somehow. So I wanna see that before having an opinion on how they could adjust Dante's character.

Writing stories isn't their strong suit. I really hope that they don't screw this up.

Top Bottom