• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Dante

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Is it just me or does this version of Dante have a certain rebellious and rough attitude that the others lack. I know this is entirely due to him simply mellowing out with age but moreso than the combat, story, or characters, this Dante is what makes this the best game in the series for me. When he taunted his enemies it almost came off as him bullying them, at least to me and I loved it. Let me Know what you guys think? Do you think the other Dante's dont have the charm that made DMC3 Dante especially lovable or am I alone?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I like DMC4 and 5's Dante just as much myself

3's was almost too cocky, while 4 and 5 was a funnier kind of cocky and condescending to demons

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Not counting DMC2, I like each of the others the same. DMC3 Dante was a kid, DMC1 Dante (besides having a different voice actor) was a bit more serious cause he was avenging his mom, DMC4 and DMC5 just feel like DMC3 but a bit more mellow cause of his age. I know a lot of people have an attachment for DMC3 Dante since DMC3 was widely considered the best game for so long (I'm sure it still is by a lot), personally I prefer a more seasoned Dante.

DarkSlayerVergil

Not counting DMC2, I like each of the others the same. DMC3 Dante was a kid, DMC1 Dante (besides having a different voice actor) was a bit more serious cause he was avenging his mom, DMC4 and DMC5 just feel like DMC3 but a bit more mellow cause of his age. I know a lot of people have an attachment for DMC3 Dante since DMC3 was widely considered the best game for so long (I'm sure it still is by a lot), personally I prefer a more seasoned Dante.
DMC4 Dante felt more like someone's fanfiction take on the character while DMC5 Dante felt like what his 4th incarnation plus his design in 5 also helps.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I love every dante from every dmc also the dmc one... I really love dante design from dmc 2 I must say it's probably the best design ever for him but his personality is not existent even if I like the fact that he doesn't talk because it's simply doesn't even need to talk there since he can kill everyone whit easy... I must say that I like the anime dante because he is serious but not that much I would love to see him like that in a game... However I like what they did whit dmc 5, he is serious when needed but still retain is badass cockyness, so I hope they continue this way whit him... Also yes dmc 3 dante is special like devil inside sayd, because he is young and rebellious, however we can see that dante is alway like that in every dmc expect dmc 2, it's part of his personality, the fact is that in dmc 3 we have a different director and also Ruben Langdon dante voice actor decided how to play dante himself and give him a rebellious style in dmc 3 that continue to dmc 4 and 5 dante, the fact is that dante is different in dmc 1 and 2 compared to 3, 4 and 5 also because of this changing in direction since it was no longer made by team little devil and dmc 2 was made by someone else completely differebt

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd say Nero and DmC Dante are equally rebellious but they can feel more try-hard and mean-spirited than DMC3 Dante.

DMC3 was a lot of people's introduction to DMC so it became the standard on which the other interpretations are judged upon. I think they did a better job balancing the humor with some genuine pathos in a way future incarnations never fully achieve. DMC5 Dante comes close but I think him going against Vergil had a lot to do with that.

Ironically Dante is at his best when he's going after Vergil and Capcom hasn't figured out how to achieve a similar result beyond dealing with Dante going after Vergil.

Hopefully Nero has better luck.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I
I'd say Nero and DmC Dante are equally rebellious but they can feel more try-hard and mean-spirited than DMC3 Dante.

DMC3 was a lot of people's introduction to DMC so it became the standard on which the other interpretations are judged upon. I think they did a better job balancing the humor with some genuine pathos in a way future incarnations never fully achieve. DMC5 Dante comes close but I think him going against Vergil had a lot to do with that.

Ironically Dante is at his best when he's going after Vergil and Capcom hasn't figured out how to achieve a similar result beyond dealing with Dante going after Vergil.

Hopefully Nero has better luck.
Because in the end dante can defeat every demon whit easy besides mundus and vergil that why he is always jocking every time and doesn't need to get serious, only when dealing stronger opponent we see him serious

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Shin Megami Tensei Dante is my favorite.

Unlike DMC2 Dante, he looks exactly like his DMC2 cover image (his in-game model's eyes look slightly different from the box art), so he just flat-out looks better in SMT imo.

Not to mention, he has the best dialogue and personality (second to DMC5) because Atlus have some of the most talented writers in the Japanese game industry.

dante_5526.png

NDjy_POK_Ks-_-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-dante-final-.jpg

dante-devil-may-cry-2-40208184-500-304.png

No comparison.

Lady95

I love all of them and think they all makes sense when you put the timeline in order.
- 3 Dante is basically a traumatized, bitter kid who's went through a lot and developed some interesting and not always helpful coping mechanism.
- 1 Dante is more serious cause he's going after Mundus, who is his "Jackpot".
- Anime Dante had just lost is brother and his reason for living since killing Mundus and taking revenge was all he ever wanted to do since he was 8 yo.
- 2 Dante is still in that mood but is in a better state in a way.
- 4 Dante start off as 2 Dante but becomes more jokey when he start to test Nero. Also, for him the whole mission is a joke since the supposed bad guys aren't really a threat for him, this is another minor job to him and his daily routine. Lastly, he states in the novel that human after demonic powers makes him more sick than demons himself, so his approach towards the orders makes sense imo.
- 5 Dante is in a bad mental spot, he's at his rope end. Here comes his brother who he had already mourned 3 times and thought had been tricked into killing, learning nothing from prior experiences, destroying the city and killing the civilians Dante's made his responsability to protect, hurting the people Dante's cared about and putting Dante in 1 month coma in which he presumably dreamed of his mother's death and who know what else. Must be mind blowing and world turning, and must have left him feeling a million of different emotions. So I don't blame him for being snappy or resolutely going after Vergil. Also the game strongly suggest Dante was on a suicide mission, since he seemed to expect to die.

I also love Pre-DMC3 Dante/1 Novel Dante (Tony Redgrave) to pieces, as he is Dante at his most vulnerable (and in a way innocent, despite his line of work), and since it explains and gives so much insight on the character and generally speaking, builds Dante as we know him, while also showing a lot of sides that he hides from everyone as he uses his more jokey persona as a facade to protect himself and as a weapon against his enemies.

Top Bottom