• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(DMC5 Mod) Devil Breaker Switcher

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's right, we finally have one that's being worked on. It can already be used, I've tested it and it does work, using Cheat Engine. It should be noted that there are still some bugs, the most notable one (happened to me too) being that sometimes Nero randomly enters some DB switching frenzy where he keeps switching Breakers non stop till (apparently) you manually press the DPad again.

But the author is looking into it and trying to figure out how to solve some of these issues, the mod is not yet finished. Link to it down below, instructions on how to use it on the Readme file.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ninoooo_moe/status/1125808605683494913

Demonstration/showcase:

Goldsickle

This should have been a feature from the beginning.
It sucks that when choosing Breakers for Bloody Palace, I have to collect them backwards in the order I wanna use them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It sucks that when choosing Breakers for Bloody Palace, I have to collect them backwards in the order I wanna use them.

What's that got to do with this mod? You don't need to collect the DBs, nor do you have to go through the customize menu. You choose which Breaker goes to which DPad button (with an option to count diagonal inputs as well, so 8 slots max but hey, can't have everything in life) directly from the script in the cheat table. And btw, if after doing so the switching mechanic doesn't work, just deactivate the table and reactivate it.

Goldsickle

What's that got to do with this mod?
I'm just pointing out how switching makes it more convenient?

Any thoughts about double-tapping one direction a la Batman: Arkham City?
That's one way of putting 2 Breakers per direction, allowing you to have all 8.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Any thoughts about double-tapping one direction a la Batman: Arkham City?
That's one way of putting 2 Breakers per direction, allowing you to have all 8.

Sounds good but you'll have to suggest that to the mod author, not me. Link above is to his Twitter and he also has a Discord if you ask him.

Although so far I think I think he's better off fixing the existing bugs and then thinking about how to organize the equip slots.

Top Bottom