• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Character don't need a sense of justice to be interesting

Sure they don't but they need something other than just being ****ed off and murderous 24/7. Otherwise they're just lame, one-note bores. Like OG Broly. That is why I went for the Hulk comparison (besides the fact that his power seemed to increase with his rage and that Hulk is just the more famous angry beast). The Hulk wouldn't be nearly as interesting without Bruce Banner, and the other way around. OG Broly is literally just a buff dude who wants to kill Goku and destroy everything in his path. That's what that character amounts to. Rage and power, full stop. He's not misunderstood as a character, he's just shallow as heck. As shallow as a character can be without being a straight up plot device in fact.
And yes you're right actually, Z Broly is indeed more similar to Doomsday, they're both just rampaging monsters with nothing really compelling about them, despite a backstory that could have made them interesting. Squandered potential.

That's why new Broly is a little bit more compelling than the old one. Rage is not all there is to him. He's got a "Bruce Banner side". Actual emotions that are not just hatred and anger. Emotions that led him to have friends, an actual support cast, and those things are actually what allow him to have way more potential than old Broly for character development. Now that Goku and him are on better terms, maybe they can spar sometimes (as Goku already mentioned wanting to do) and he can teach him to control his temper, but he's going to have a hard time with it, so they could play with the fact that he wants to be in control for the sake of his new friends but he can't. They could go with him accidentally seriously wounding Cheelai or the other dude because of this, causing all sorts of emotional turmoil in him, they could go with him holding a grudge towards Frieza, revenge stories are fun to watch. Perhaps Goku and Vegeta can intervene in all this, acting as conflicting moral compasses for him, with Vegeta being supportive of his revenge and Goku trying to make him desist, etc etc. Or maybe a story that doesn't involve Goku or Vegeta at all, they could explore the fact that Cheelai is now wanted and on the run, with Broly being her protector. Maybe a story revolving around teaching him the ways of a civilized man. Maybe a variant of this could stem from him becoming more trustful towards Goku after their frequent sparrings, which can evolve into the three of them moving to Earth, meeting Bulma and the others etc etc.

Because new Broly has a little bit of actual... character to him, that allows him to have friends and a support cast around him, which in turn provides him with way more room for development than old Broly could have ever dreamt of. Cause he's actually capable of interacting with other people in ways other than pounding them to a pulp. All of those ideas you had for OG Broly are good ones for sure, but they're not realistically possible or believable to be realized with how the dude was. For those ideas to be put in practice, Broly needs to possess some previously shown actual character qualities that can drive and justify such turns in behavior, otherwise it just comes out of nowhere and that doesn't work. But since the original is portrayed as this hell-bent on destruction killing machine and is given no other meaningful trait aside from that, there was no room for him to go anywhere as a character because he was always that one-note from the beginning. And even IF they actually meant to give him some actual character traits, then they failed miserably with portraying them which doesn't change the end result at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

I mentioned Torrin Sol's fanmade animations, but an honorable mention goes to The Notorious Luke and his team for Dragonball: Deliverance. It's "The Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for GT", quoting BlackScape.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't believe it for a second, but I was curious as to what y'all might think. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it myself, I didn't enjoy GT or Super and I can't say I was terribly enthused with large chunks of Z. But then again, OG Dragonball was golden and maybe it shouldn't be touched for that very reason... :unsure:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But then again, OG Dragonball was golden and maybe it shouldn't be touched for that very reason...

Well I mean, a reboot wouldn't touch anything of the old series. It would be its own continuity and universe, without modifying anything within the original DB.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't believe it for a second, but I was curious as to what y'all might think. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it myself, I didn't enjoy GT or Super and I can't say I was terribly enthused with large chunks of Z. But then again, OG Dragonball was golden and maybe it shouldn't be touched for that very reason... :unsure:

Reboots don't have rules or tend to be whatever you want so its hard to get a feel for what they would do. Sometimes its too much or too little so for me personally a sequel with a new cast would be preferable.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y

I don't think they are going to reboot it, it dosent make any sense actually... The franchise make milion and milion of money, and they can milk for another 30 years if they want... And now the series is actually at its peak, whit movie in theater that makes lot of money

Dark Drakan

Admin
Every time I see a new post in this thread im hoping for news of when new episodes of Super are coming and so far I have heard nothing on an estimated date.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
No news so far on a new anime series. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is filling that DB anime void currently. I am personally okay with that because I am that one fan who likes SDBH the anime. DBZ Kakarot (a under rated gem by the way) will be getting its Resurrection F DLC shortly and I can not wait to transform into SSBlue Son Goku!
No other news about XV2 or Fighters as far as I know. The Moro Arc of the Manga has everyone torn but I think Goku's personality were true enough to his overall character. So in short, watch SDBH the Anime folks!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think once they get through the moro arc and onto the next one, they may have news about the anime

That way they have the broly and moro arc to animate , and by the time they are done the next arc in the manga should be finished and ready to animate too

Dark Drakan

Admin
No news so far on a new anime series. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is filling that DB anime void currently. I am personally okay with that because I am that one fan who likes SDBH the anime. DBZ Kakarot (a under rated gem by the way) will be getting its Resurrection F DLC shortly and I can not wait to transform into SSBlue Son Goku!
No other news about XV2 or Fighters as far as I know. The Moro Arc of the Manga has everyone torn but I think Goku's personality were true enough to his overall character. So in short, watch SDBH the Anime folks!

I did watch Dragon Ball Heroes for a while on YouTube but main guy I found who was uploading frequently just stopped after a while and I never looked into anyone else.

I think I will buy DBZ Kakarot on sale at some point when my games library has thinned out a little.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I did watch Dragon Ball Heroes for a while on YouTube but main guy I found who was uploading frequently just stopped after a while and I never looked into anyone else.

I think I will buy DBZ Kakarot on sale at some point when my games library has thinned out a little

SDBH is still bring subbed in YouTube. Although the subs quality are very basic and lack nuance. As for DBZ Kakarot I recommend grabbing the Beerus DLC and use the exp missions to quickly level up and then obtain SSGod form. Go through the game with Say or form and thank me later.

Vergil95

SDBH is still bring subbed in YouTube. Although the subs quality are very basic and lack nuance. As for DBZ Kakarot I recommend grabbing the Beerus DLC and use the exp missions to quickly level up and then obtain SSGod form. Go through the game with Say or form and thank me later.
The game is already super easy, why playing the game whit ssgod from the start? Not only it will make the game more easy but will also break immersion since you see super sayan god from the start

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The game is already super easy, why playing the game whit ssgod from the start? Not only it will make the game more easy but will also break immersion since you see super sayan god from the start
I found the game hard at 1st, the SSGod form helped me get past difficult parts. Plus it was cool to see God Goku vs Nappa or Android 19. I can't get immersed in a story I know like the back of my hand (even though this game isn't 100% accurate but I digress) It helped me unlock all the achievements too

Vergil95

I found the game hard at 1st, the SSGod form helped me get past difficult parts. Plus it was cool to see God Goku vs Nappa or Android 19. I can't get immersed in a story I know like the back of my hand (even though this game isn't 100% accurate but I digress) It helped me unlock all the achievements too
I see
Well i actually find it super easy the first time, and i unlocked every trophy after a week or so
I like the game nonetheless, the only thing I was not ok whit was cell saga, in the middle it seems it was a bit rushed, they even cut vegeta final flash scene

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I see
Well i actually find it super easy the first time, and i unlocked every trophy after a week or so
I like the game nonetheless, the only thing I was not ok whit was cell saga, in the middle it seems it was a bit rushed, they even cut vegeta final flash scene
It's not just the Cell Saga, the cut scene of SS Vegeto VS Boohan is completely wrong. The game's major cutscenes aren't 100% accurate and that personally bugs me. But I do feel the game is a under rated gem.

Vergil95

It's not just the Cell Saga, the cut scene of SS Vegeto VS Boohan is completely wrong. The game's major cutscenes aren't 100% accurate and that personally bugs me. But I do feel the game is a under rated gem.
Well they couldn't do the game 100% accurate, but i was at least hoping for that final flash
What's missing in vegito vs boo instead?

The game is still good however

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well they couldn't do the game 100% accurate, but i was at least hoping for that final flash
What's missing in vegito vs boo instead?

The game is still good however
But the game was toted as accurate. At least as far as I recall. The Vegeto vs Buy didn't miss anything but rather gave us a cutscene of Vegeto beating up Buu that never happened. At all.
Yes I agree DBZ Kakarot is a good game and the bits of added story lore is one of things that delights me the most as a fan.

Vergil95

But the game was toted as accurate. At least as far as I recall. The Vegeto vs Buy didn't miss anything but rather gave us a cutscene of Vegeto beating up Buu that never happened. At all.
Yes I agree DBZ Kakarot is a good game and the bits of added story lore is one of things that delights me the most as a fan.
Well the game have like 15 hours of cutscenes and have to port like 600 hundred episodes of the series/ 42 volume of the manga so in the end something had to be cut or changed...
Also now that i remember dbz kakarot miss the whole part inside boo body, i would have liked to see that in game, but i guess they have to cut short in some part

Vergil95

But we got the Goku and Piccolo driving filler episode so instant Win despite the lack of inside Buu. I'm looking forward to unlocking blue form in the next dlc
Yeah its on tomorrow, it looks amazing by the last trailer, it looks consistent whit resurrection of f not as lazy as battle of gods dlc

I would have liked some dragon ball gt dlc though

Top Bottom