• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A year since we last met

Handsome Devil Sparda

Is the exact words Dante said to his brother Vergil in DMC 3 and since the mangas never got finished we don’t know really how? Though some want to use DmC Devil May Cry to be the gap filler, it’s not canon. So here’s to hoping they either give us a Prequel or a Sequel to DMC 5

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The "nearly a year since we last met" is referring to the unfinished manga.

That's it. They've since smashed every piece of media into haphazard "canon" including the DMC novel whose main plot points were that Dante had amnesia from repressed memories, Vergil was Gilver and killed everyone Dante cared about, and that Dante didn't make his guns. Except he did, except he didn't, but through it all Nell actually had a still-living son from a since-dissolved marriage that she never talked about which kind of cheapens her relationship with Dante given that they were both taking the place of family they didn't get to keep.

Point is the series doesn't need to cover that point in time anymore and Dante and Vergil got written out to put Nero as protagonist. DMC5 is hyped as the conclusion to the Sons of Sparda saga or whatever so they're moving on from anything cribbing off of the DMC3 era.

/thread

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC5 had a bunch of references to the 1st light novel. It would be funny if DMC6/7 referenced the 2nd light novel and the manga respectively.

My pitch would be an adult Alice is a person of interest in a crime. Dante and Lady have to figure out if she's victim or villian.

Granted it would probably be a better DLC pack.

Last edited:

Handsome Devil Sparda

I blame the fans at that time, if we just showed more interest we wouldn’t have gotten that garbage DmC Devil May Cry game that was trying to explain the origins before the third game to make a reboot, instead we complained and they went back to the original, just for us to see we still don’t have a completed origin before 3 lol

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I blame the fans at that time, if we just showed more interest we wouldn’t have gotten that garbage DmC Devil May Cry game that was trying to explain the origins before the third game to make a reboot, instead we complained and they went back to the original, just for us to see we still don’t have a completed origin before 3 lol
Showed more interest where? Capcom chose to discontinue the manga over some squabble with the artist. Capcom chose to have Tokyopop deliver a subpar localization product with "liberties" that made Dante a foul-mouthed pedo-adjacent character. Capcom chose to reboot the series after 4. Capcom chose to reject any Ninja Theory interpretations that were more faithful to the classic series in favor of more out-there takes. DmC reboot is still a reboot, thus not affiliated with the classic continuity and was under no obligation to explain anything from the third game in the classic continuity. It wasn't about the third game. That was the point. It's a reboot. Man of Steel wasn't out to flesh the 80s Christopher Reeve films by Donner.

Your post is such an ill-thought waste of words, you owe an apology to your ISP.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Trust me, these two instances are unrelated. DmC was made because Capcom wanted to appeal to Western Audiences. Plus the dev team for DMC4 was split up in different projects.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Showed more interest where? Capcom chose to discontinue the manga over some squabble with the artist. Capcom chose to have Tokyopop deliver a subpar localization product with "liberties" that made Dante a foul-mouthed pedo-adjacent character. Capcom chose to reboot the series after 4. Capcom chose to reject any Ninja Theory interpretations that were more faithful to the classic series in favor of more out-there takes. DmC reboot is still a reboot, thus not affiliated with the classic continuity and was under no obligation to explain anything from the third game in the classic continuity. It wasn't about the third game. That was the point. It's a reboot. Man of Steel wasn't out to flesh the 80s Christopher Reeve films by Donner.

Your post is such an ill-thought waste of words, you owe an apology to your ISP.
Oh so we are just going to ignore the similarities of the games like Spardas mansion, family portraits and Vergil coming back to the house to become more demon lol are you even a fan or you just use that premium status to make you look important lol

Handsome Devil Sparda

Trust me, these two instances are unrelated. DmC was made because Capcom wanted to appeal to Western Audiences. Plus the dev team for DMC4 was split up in different projects.
I’m western audience and loved classic Dante and if they are different then why the similarities with 5 like Spardas mansion, family portraits and Vergil returning to become more demon? Come on guys!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
CoMe On GuYs!!1!!1!!!!1!!

Read what you wrote again and explain to us how any of that is connected specifically to DMC3.
Was there a mansion in DMC3? Was Vergil using Doppelganger in DMC3? Was Vergil using Yamato to cut portals out of thin air in DMC3? Was Hollow Vergil in DMC3? Did Vergil meet Eva in a trip to Hell in DMC3? Is Vergil a super-accomplished Anonymous-style hacktivist in DMC3? Did Vergil acknowledge destroying the Hellgate and defeating Mundus in DMC3?

DmC happened with details that made it a clear departure from the classic series, and Itsuno happened to like it enough to implement parts of it into the next game he made in the classic series. The reboot was not made to explain anything before 3. That retcons happened for the classic continuity starting in DMC5 to mimic points in the reboot, still doesn't make the reboot have any place in the classic series nor does it change the developer intent to reboot the series.

This is like whining that Miles Morales getting crossed over from Ultimate to the 616 universe somehow means the Ultimate universe was built to explain stuff that happened to Peter Parker in the 616 continuity.

You already said the reboot wasn't canon in your first post. I agree it isn't canon. Shut up about it.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I’m western audience and loved classic Dante and if they are different then why the similarities with 5 like Spardas mansion, family portraits and Vergil returning to become more demon? Come on guys!
I'm not arguing what Capcom did was right or wrong.

I'm just saying DMC wasn't rebooted because of low manga sales.

Plus I don't think Capcom cares about resolving the manga nor do they need to. The manga doesn't really add a whole lot to 3 other than Dante is a jerk. But according to @Morgan and the others that's because of the local translators than what the author intended.

Last edited:

Handsome Devil Sparda

CoMe On GuYs!!1!!1!!!!1!!

Read what you wrote again and explain to us how any of that is connected specifically to DMC3.
Was there a mansion in DMC3? Was Vergil using Doppelganger in DMC3? Was Vergil using Yamato to cut portals out of thin air in DMC3? Was Hollow Vergil in DMC3? Did Vergil meet Eva in a trip to Hell in DMC3? Is Vergil a super-accomplished Anonymous-style hacktivist in DMC3? Did Vergil acknowledge destroying the Hellgate and defeating Mundus in DMC3?

DmC happened with details that made it a clear departure from the classic series, and Itsuno happened to like it enough to implement parts of it into the next game he made in the classic series. The reboot was not made to explain anything before 3. That retcons happened for the classic continuity starting in DMC5 to mimic points in the reboot, still doesn't make the reboot have any place in the classic series nor does it change the developer intent to reboot the series.

This is like whining that Miles Morales getting crossed over from Ultimate to the 616 universe somehow means the Ultimate universe was built to explain stuff that happened to Peter Parker in the 616 continuity.

You already said the reboot wasn't canon in your first post. I agree it isn't canon. Shut up about it.
1337289028822_1164732.png

I said the reboot with DMC5 what are you talking about

Handsome Devil Sparda

I'm not arguing what Capcom did was right or wrong.

I'm just saying DMC wasn't rebooted because of low manga sales.

Plus I don't think Capcom cares about resolving the manga nor do they need to. The manga doesn't really add a whole lot to 3 other than Dante is a jerk. But according to @Morgan and the others that's because of the local translators than what the author intended.
Yes I agree but what I’m saying is people want to know but they will never see a prequel so people mistakenly think Reboot as canon

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I said the reboot with DMC5 what are you talking about
Not my fault you can't articulate yourself at anything above a third grade level. You kept popping off about DmC being used to explain the third game and somehow in your brain, post-hoc similarities between 5 and the reboot make the reboot relevant to 3 as "explaining the origins before the third game". It doesn't, and that was never the intention. Only the manga explains the year before the brothers met.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Not my fault you can't articulate yourself at anything above a third grade level. You kept popping off about DmC being used to explain the third game and somehow in your brain, post-hoc similarities between 5 and the reboot make the reboot relevant to 3 as "explaining the origins before the third game". It doesn't, and that was never the intention. Only the manga explains the year before the brothers met.
Kinda sounds like it’s your fault lol since your to stupid to comprehend what I’m writing at least Vs patron dose, you just wanna keep mouthing off, what you think your special cuz you paid premium lol get a life dude

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Kinda sounds like it’s your fault lol since your to stupid to comprehend what I’m writing at least Vs patron dose, you just wanna keep mouthing off, what you think your special cuz you paid premium lol get a life dude
Your posts are hard to read. I often have to reread it more than once before responding. It's more of a jumble or rant than a coherent thought. You should try separate sentences.

Handsome Devil Sparda

W
Your posts are hard to read. I often have to reread it more than once before responding. It's more of a jumble or rant than a coherent thought. You should try separate sentences.
The first paragraph was his, mine started at kinda, what happens is when you try to write it automatically puts the letter on top of the persons quote then to the bottom

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
You somehow managed to make replying to someone else's post sound even harder than it actually is. Good job, I guess. V's Patron likely wasn't talking about that one post you quoted, but your entire post history. Follow their advice on how to express your ideas better. You're writing this over the internet with the same editing and grammatical tools at your disposal that everyone else's got. Act like it.

And you keep bringing up my Premium subscription like that means anything. I know the gold is distracting but it's time to stop getting big baby rage mad about it, it's embarrassing.

Top Bottom