• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, a woman, an artist, from Connecticut is suing Capcom for the unlawful use of her photographs in games such are Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. Apparently there was a leak of Capcom materials a few months ago and she saw some of her photographs used as textures in said games.

The interesting thing about this is that there is a site called RE4HD Project. 4 dudes from Spain have taken to re texture RE4 and went to every place they took the textures from, photographed them again in 4K, I believe, and applied these to the game. The staff at Capcom took trips to Spain for DMC1 and RE4 so I find it more plausible that they took photos of the same thing than them getting European textures from a CD Rom in the US. If true, though, I don't know what she's asking for. Wouldn't they just demand they pay the fees for the use of her textures? She did produce them for that very reason.

Gasoline Tank

Stay tuned for the Nintendo conference, as even more Resident Evil news could be coming! ;)

Supposedly, a spin off game with Rebecca Chambers is coming out this fall, or maybe early next year.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Explains Stranger of Paradise's combat system.

The demo is now available and I hope to check it out.

This thing would work better as a dating sim. Just give it the character creation tools from Nioh and it would be a hit.

It would be cool if you could port your custom character to DOA or NG and let them fight in a free play mode.

NG and DOA aren't known for their storytelling chops. So doing the Cyberpunk thing and letting me choose how the story goes would be more appealing.

Gasoline Tank

There was bugger all announced today about this spin off Resident Evil game. I'm sure Nintendo has a future conference planned. Possibly for next month, so maybe just maybe, there's going to be an official confirmation then.

Check out the latest rumours, here.

http:// biohazardcast.com

The last Project Zero game that was out back in 2015, is getting a Switch port over. So maybe that'll keep some folks happy in the meantime.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
NG and DOA aren't known for their storytelling chops. So doing the Cyberpunk thing and letting me choose how the story goes would be more appealing.
That's great and all, but one problem:

Team Ninja still has to WRITE those options and story branches in themselves. Choose Your Own Adventure games don't outsource their own story to the players and never have, so the writing itself isn't going to get any better just because you can pick where it goes. If anything, CYOA is more taxing on the writing because of the branching paths depending on how complete they would want each route to be or if they're out to lure gullible folks with the novelty of them having 'control' of the story (see: Cyberpunk2077's joke of the "life path" significance that has no real bearing on the plot, because V ends up as a street kid no matter what but the quests and ending favor the Nomad route. See also: Assassin's Creed Odyssey).

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's great and all, but one problem:

Team Ninja still has to WRITE those options and story branches in themselves. Choose Your Own Adventure games don't outsource their own story to the players and never have, so the writing itself isn't going to get any better just because you can pick where it goes. If anything, CYOA is more taxing on the writing because of the branching paths depending on how complete they would want each route to be or if they're out to lure gullible folks with the novelty of them having 'control' of the story (see: Cyberpunk2077's joke of the "life path" significance that has no real bearing on the plot, because V ends up as a street kid no matter what but the quests and ending favor the Nomad route. See also: Assassin's Creed Odyssey).
Fair enough.

I just wanna choose my friends and enemies but I'll settle for a custom character that I could port around.

Although a dating sim would be a cool way to revamp the volleyball spinoff.

Oh well there is always fanfiction. ;).

@Lain
That Sholmes fellow seems interesting. :).

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Fair enough.

I just wanna choose my friends and enemies but I'll settle for a custom character that I could port around.

Although a dating sim would be a cool way to revamp the volleyball spinoff.
But that's not inherently open to better writing or wider appeal. It appeals to you by catering to a trope you like, but that doesn't make it good, the same way being able to pick out a half-eaten moldy biscuit, mushy overripe fruit, and browned raw meat from a dumpster dive doesn't turn the trash into a banquet.

There are plenty of dating sims out on the market that you can get your hands on. DoAX doesn't need revamping as long as it's not actively bleeding its playerbase.

Top Bottom