• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
No More Heroes - It's not about the crappy open-world, that's been done enough. My problem is with the pointless take that towards Dante. You see Suda51/Grasshopper have this hatred for edgy/pretty boy anime protagonists. This take that does not work, because:

1. Dante is not that edgy and has always been a goofy dork. DMC2 does not count, and the reboot did not exist yet.
  2. This comes off as hypocritical because Travis Touchdown himself is a Dante clone. I much more subtle one and a unique different appearance, but still a copy.
  3. I don't have problem with, but the assassin, Helter Skelter, you don't even get to fight. He dies in the first trailer for the game.
  4. Dante never smokes! He hates smoking! He does not consider it cool!
  5. Travis more or less insults him recounting the battle in the actual intro to the game to confirm it.
1368177-tradingcardno124.png

Funny enough, his younger is the first boss in the sequel. Skelter Helter looks like Cloud.

d2j9vy4-ca1540e0-90bc-47ba-b764-a98aea2e2742.png
I honestly don't know what their deal was at the time. If they hated that character type, they should have picked someone else. They come off as fan haters of the character and not the arch type. Which Dante is mostly not. I still love NMH, but that is something that always bugged me.
Now that you mentioned it, I could see Travis's line being an allusion/take that to Dante. I didn't notice it at the time.

@Lain as a South Asian dude from the states, I'm mad about that. It reeks of favoritism and doesn't help the divide between minorities and the police.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Now that you mentioned it, I could see Travis's line being an allusion/take that to Dante. I didn't notice it at the time.
I am glad some one notices and sees the connection. This one guy on a different forum site, kept claiming how "he didn't see the resemblance" and needed an "official statement". I don't know if was being intentionally oblivious, blind, or plain contrarian. He said Helter Skelter looks like Squall, when neither don't have any of the same facial structure nor hair. How do you even jump to that? On a second though, he's had contrarian moments before, even in the face of actual facts, truths, and research. Depending on the subject, he will act like there is nothing wrong or borderline victim blame.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Religious content ahead. Just have to let it out. :(

It definitely wasn't nice to inform my in-laws that we're not gonna get our child baptized despite raising her according to Christian values and teaching her the Bible.
They accepted it, especially when we cited the Bible by heart to tell them about the grounds for our decision, so they knew we have been thinking about it and are familiar with the Scriptures. Just that especially my mother-in-law was so sad about it, and now I feel guilty over causing her any sorrow.

*sigh* Well, it could be worse, at least we all have the same God although our ways to practise religion is a bit different.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
For a while I don't like the carpet on the floor under my chair :confused:, the place which I work in is good and we started upgrading our furniture or buy some other things like plants to upgrade our office :sneaky: but the carpet...man everyone with carpet on the floor is OK except me, My chair gets stuck under it :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Anyone that believes that people like Q-anon are not dangerous, not a threat, or believe that they are "not all bad", are either idiots, sympathizers, racist, and sociopaths that don't care. These are the dangers of Trump supporters. If these idiots do the stuff to their own kids, then imagine what they can do to anybody else that's not of their kin.

These people aren't even worth being called monsters. They're pathetic human trash, because even certain monsters have some form of the standards and dignity.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
For a while I don't like the carpet on the floor under my chair :confused:, the place which I work in is good and we started upgrading our furniture or buy some other things like plants to upgrade our office :sneaky: but the carpet...man everyone with carpet on the floor is OK except me, My chair gets stuck under it :rolleyes:.
Another problem...God :confused: I sit on grandma chair (because of noise it makes like rocking chair and as I said we upgraded our furniture including chairs) and I feel old :oops:.

Goldsickle

Dear administrator of the world and the universe,

Can you fix this bug where I feel more miserable every time I sleep or nap?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If someone were to ask me why Labour should never get into power again, I would simply point to Richard Burgon - the former Shadow Secretary of State who the other day demanded we the taxpayer pay reparations to the Taliban because of the war in Afghanistan, despite the fact that it was his own Party that took us into the war.

Absolute lunatics who love to spend other people's money, I say.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
TIL: An academic article posted in Cambridge Uni's website proposed with no hint of irony or intent of satire that "Z" (for Zoophilia) be added to the LGBT+ acronym.

That and a book was published with an account of a 6 year old doing adult acts and enjoying it because they "had the mind of an adult".

Is this where we're at now?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Is it just me or have people gotten a lot more angry and hostile just during this year? :(

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Is it just me or have people gotten a lot more angry and hostile just during this year? :(
Do you want a short answer or do you want a Reasons Why The Internet (Specifically Web 2.0) Sucks Now rant that people will react to with Wow emojis??
Because I mean, I won't put that rant into the world, but I want people to imagine what that'd be like.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Do you want a short answer or do you want a Reasons Why The Internet (Specifically Web 2.0) Sucks Now rant that people will react to with Wow emojis??
Because I mean, I won't put that rant into the world, but I want people to imagine what that'd be like.
I'd rather just be able to decide whether it's me or if others have seen it too in the past year.

I've had a kind of emotional rebirth last year, all thanks to therapy and my spouse, but if this is what having a sense of empathy is like... Well I guess I liked the world better in black and white lol

Which is an alarming mindset anyway.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'd rather just be able to decide whether it's me or if others have seen it too in the past year.
Well, yeah. It's not just you. The pandemic kept people from going outside and touching grass, so the Terminally Online are even more Online than ever and social media prioritizes "engagement" through constantly triggering people's chicken brains into clicking into and typing out the most inflammatory **** just so they can feel something.

In other news the suicide and domestic violence rates have risen this past year.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Well, yeah. It's not just you. The pandemic kept people from going outside and touching grass, so the Terminally Online are even more Online than ever and social media prioritizes "engagement" through constantly triggering people's chicken brains into clicking into and typing out the most inflammatory **** just so they can feel something.

In other news the suicide and domestic violence rates have risen this past year.
I hope it gets better with time. It is horrifying to see how people talk to each other online.

This is a minor thing but really disgusting: you know those FB reaction buttons, and the laughing reaction? Well... If there's a news post about a dying celebrity, there's a bunch of them. A news post about mental challenges of high school students -> laughing reactions. News telling about starving children in Afghanistan -> laughing reactions.

It probably disgusts me this much only because I don't even dare to open the comment section. People are damn hostile to each other these days.

I'm glad there's not gonna be hard lockdowns here anymore (or so it seems)... referring to the domestic violence rates that you mentioned. When the schools were closed, all I could think of was how many children are there whose only safe place is the school. I know I wouldn't have made it alive if this had happened during my school years. Yeah, I was bullied there, but still it was safer than home... so thinking of the children who didn't have that safe place during lockdown is just... *shivers*

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This is not gonna be a good day.

My body's aching down from my waist, all the way to the upper thighs, so bad I'm barely able to walk, and changing position while laying down is a struggle as well.

Last night was full of nightmares, practically everything from a psychotic murderer to trauma flashback ones, starring both my mother with her threats and messages, and a toxic friend with all the traumatizing covert narc characteristics I thought were just normal friendship stuff back then, even though it was more than once that kind of manipulation (and you know, narc smear campaigns afterwards... multiplied) drove me into suicidal behaviour.
So I slept really bad.

I'd just like to sleep both the pain and the flashback exhaustion away, but guess what?
They're doing a renovation downstairs, and at least yesterday it was 8hrs almost constant drilling, so....

This is definitely not gonna be a good day.

Oh and to make it perfect, playing guitar soothes me but pregnancy isn't really helping with CTS so let's count that out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom