• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It was only like three, maybe four, years ago when I last time genuinely cried over not having people to call 'friends' around me and had anxiety over just being so damn lonely.

Now that I've found some people to hang out with, people who invite me to events with them etc, I'm overburdened by all the socializing. Like... first world problems, girl? Did you already forget what was it like to have no one to accompany you in a museum or to go jogging with? And now you're complaining about a whatsapp group requiring your attention BECAUSE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT YOU.

I'm feeling terrible.

Also I have trust issues in friendships and I don't know how to react when they call me their "friend". Which makes me feel even more like an ungrateful prick.

I'm trying so hard to be a normal person but IT'S EXHAUSTINGGG.

Damn it.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It was only like three, maybe four, years ago when I last time genuinely cried over not having people to call 'friends' around me and had anxiety over just being so damn lonely.

Now that I've found some people to hang out with, people who invite me to events with them etc, I'm overburdened by all the socializing. Like... first world problems, girl? Did you already forget what was it like to have no one to accompany you in a museum or to go jogging with? And now you're complaining about a whatsapp group requiring your attention BECAUSE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT YOU.

I'm feeling terrible.

Also I have trust issues in friendships and I don't know how to react when they call me their "friend". Which makes me feel even more like an ungrateful prick.

I'm trying so hard to be a normal person but IT'S EXHAUSTINGGG.

Damn it.
This "problem" seems to solve itself. Gals founded a running club, I was invited to join too, and we've got scheduled running meetings, so

1. I don't have to stress about scheduling a meeting and getting a negative response because it works like "if you want to run together at these dates, send a message in the Whatsapp group so people know if there are gonna be others at the starting point"

2. Running soothes me, so when we're having a cooldown and stretching, I'm relaxed and comfortable enough to join any kind of socializing without making it too complicated for myself and getting socially exhausted.

Rant dismissed. :D

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hate two words more than anything. Just mentioning them here makes me squirm. ''ads'' and 'apps'' Those words like probably many others sound so terrible. Why not use proper words like advertisement and applications/programs. There should be a limit to how many freaking shorting words people use.

Gasoline Tank

So you may remember I spoke of an Australian guy before, who is known to troll me online. Some loser I've known since 2004, who has no life. Well, I signed up to an Australian forum just recently there to ask for advice on how to report the dude for stalking, since I assumed some other idiot on his home turf may know how to get the guy arrested for cyber abuse. It's tremendously awkward when it comes to grassing someone up for annoying you, if they reside outwith your area. I'm in Scotland, you see. So I went there, and he registered shortly thereafter, spamming my address. Then the bogans in charge banned me for "doxing and trolling" (when he was the one doing the actual trolling). Flipping stupid. I'm sure they likely banned him too, but I cannot see his posts any more, as they removed the thread.

Anyway, there's a community for anxiety sufferers I used to post on, that has been left unmoderated, and the wanker ended up going there too, creating all of these accounts to once again spam my address, my real name, and recently, my real, non VPN based IP address as well, which guests can somehow see on the 'who's online?' menu. Like anyone really cares anyway. Also says false things for attention. Derogatory comments about me being a ****ty background extra in films, a "retard" who collects the 'retard checks' and a woman abuser. And he uses all of these nicknames to reply to his own posts, changing his spelling and how he words things ever so slightly, thinking nobody will figure out it's him. It's like the oldest trick in the book. A book that must have bonked him on the head and damaged whatever few brain functions he has.

I've called my local police on him several times before, but they're incredibly useless. They just agree that he's a charmer with no life, trying to be a tough guy online because it's the one place he cannot get his arsed kicked. I'm thinking of giving up that Saunders related pseudonym I use, though, as A, he's a creep. And B, well, it's pretty outdated now in any case...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So you may remember I spoke of an Australian guy before, who is known to troll me online. Some loser I've known since 2004, who has no life. Well, I signed up to an Australian forum just recently there to ask for advice on how to report the dude for stalking, since I assumed some other idiot on his home turf may know how to get the guy arrested for cyber abuse. It's tremendously awkward when it comes to grassing someone up for annoying you, if they reside outwith your area. I'm in Scotland, you see. So I went there, and he registered shortly thereafter, spamming my address. Then the bogans in charge banned me for "doxing and trolling" (when he was the one doing the actual trolling). Flipping stupid. I'm sure they likely banned him too, but I cannot see his posts any more, as they removed the thread.

Anyway, there's a community for anxiety sufferers I used to post on, that has been left unmoderated, and the wanker ended up going there too, creating all of these accounts to once again spam my address, my real name, and recently, my real, non VPN based IP address as well, which guests can somehow see on the 'who's online?' menu. Like anyone really cares anyway. Also says false things for attention. Derogatory comments about me being a ****ty background extra in films, a "retard" who collects the 'retard checks' and a woman abuser. And he uses all of these nicknames to reply to his own posts, changing his spelling and how he words things ever so slightly, thinking nobody will figure out it's him. It's like the oldest trick in the book. A book that must have bonked him on the head and damaged whatever few brain functions he has.

I've called my local police on him several times before, but they're incredibly useless. They just agree that he's a charmer with no life, trying to be a tough guy online because it's the one place he cannot get his arsed kicked. I'm thinking of giving up that Saunders related pseudonym I use, though, as A, he's a creep. And B, well, it's pretty outdated now in any case...
Have my like for support. I know what you're going through.

Okay, mine wasn't that bad though. Easy enough for the solution to be that I just stopped caring about it. It didn't mean they stopped but well, it doesn’t affect me so I just figured if it helps them I'll let them have it.

But the option to talk about it is still valid, if it helps. I'm not able to solve it for you but you know, if you need an ear.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So... A politician that was found guilty for corruption and voter fraud has now been re-elected mayor (in an area infamous for electoral fraud) since his five year penalty has expired. Are we supposed to believe that in those five years, he's miraculously repented and become a better person? Pull the other one... :mad:

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
How long can Boris hold on to power I wonder. Local election did show some bad signs. If not enough bad has happened already. Then Kier gets attacked with a downgraded version of it. Sounds pretty desperate. They keep going with the line ''we focus on what people care about. Getting out of the pandemic and fix inflation.'' etc. Like that is going to make it go away. Tough sell.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Slept so bad. I'm physically hurt and living on painkillers, and also worried about a friend which made me toss around in bed since 4am. All I can think of in this brain fog is pain pain pain and when can I get my next painkiller. It's even not that bad pain but when you think about it this much it becomes worse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Well it looks like my PS4 can't handle any RE engine games anymore. The console gets too hot. I have a PS4 from 2015. It still works fine with all the other games, but if I want to play DMC5, I either have to get the PS4 Pro (by trading in my old PS4), or buy my brother's Xbox One S. And then rebuy some of these games.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, foreigners might not know but there's going to be an event next month called the "Platinum Jubilee", to celebrate 70 years of the Queen's service to the UK. However the catch is that like all things in the modern day, it looks like it's going to be a grotesque mockery of reality. The pageant will feature a young Elizabeth being played by an Asian woman from Singapore as she meets her husband "in the style of a Bollywood musical number". Now you might question why someone of the wrong ethnicity is playing a younger version of a still living monarch, but the directors said that they were inspired by the Netflix show Bridgerton (the one where they cast a bunch of black actors in a show about British nobility in the 1800's) and they said that the Queen is certainly a role model, but and I quote: "I think we need to role model all types of diversity. It is a reflection of the make-up of Britain and London today.

*Sigh* Will the last Englishman to leave, please turn off the lights... :sick:

Goldsickle

ME: (Searching for videos of cats pouncing)

YOUTUBE: "Can I interest you in a video of a bull breaking its back while trying to jump?"

ME: "What the F*** is wrong with you!?"

Gasoline Tank

Well it looks like my PS4 can't handle any RE engine games anymore. The console gets too hot. I have a PS4 from 2015. It still works fine with all the other games, but if I want to play DMC5, I either have to get the PS4 Pro (by trading in my old PS4), or buy my brother's Xbox One S. And then rebuy some of these games.

Mine gets really hot too. :(

Talk about extending the limits of the PS4.

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
I can deal with pretty much anything of news from light to dark but this war is too much for me. Uff...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I can't believe I am saying this, but as much as I appreciate it, I do dislike the RE engine to an extent. I swear that thing is too powerful for itself. If you're on a Microsoft console or on pc, you'll usually be fine. On a base PS4, you're screwed. Even the PS4 Pro can have its issues from the engine. From what I heard in certain cases. Now you can say "just get a PS5", but that obviously has issues of unavailability. From what I'm hearing even the newer PS5s can overheat, because there's two different types. They cut the heat sink on the most recent one. The $500 console gets hot quickly. So what's even the point of getting it at that price? You can give it all the open space it needs, and it would still get too hot based on whatever you're playing.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I can't believe I am saying this, but as much as I appreciate it, I do dislike the RE engine to an extent. I swear that thing is too powerful for itself. If you're on a Microsoft console or on pc, you'll usually be fine. On a base PS4, you're screwed. Even the PS4 Pro can have its issues from the engine. From what I heard in certain cases. Now you can say "just get a PS5", but that obviously has issues of unavailability. But from what I'm hearing even the newer PS5s can overheat, because there's two different types. They cut the heat sink on the most recent one. Si the $500 console gets hot quickly. So what's even the point of getting it at that price? You can give it all the open space it needs, and it would still get too hot based on whatever you're playing.
I may have mentioned it before but the jetstream fan thing with an RE Engine game on the PS4 also occurs when you're playing digital downloads.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I may have mentioned it before but the jetstream fan thing with an RE Engine game on the PS4 also occurs when you're playing digital downloads.
I remember. Thank you. I just got my PS4 back today and everything has been cleaned out. So far, it's been very quiet. I have not tested DMC5 yet, but I'll do so later. I gonna buy an XBOX One copy of DMC5 later as back up. I did the same with RE2 Remake yesterday. My PS4 version of RE2, I am going to leave alone for a long while. Just to be sure.

Update: I traded in some PS4 games I don't play anymore, or had a spare copy of a game I already own. Redout, Zombie Army 4, and Streets of Rage 4 (the spare copy), and got DMC5 for free due to trading in. They have DMC5 on sale for $10.99 at GameStop.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I can deal with pretty much anything of news from light to dark but this war is too much for me. Uff...
News are tolerable for me. Shocking and sad, but tolerable, thanks to religion.

But living next to a dictator who tells us there may be military response to us joining NATO is a different thing... especially with a 7 month old child. :(

I have never been this worried about the future. Her future.

Top Bottom