• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Gasoline Tank

Anyone ever visited Kiwi Farms? It's a site for trolls. Went there to ask an admin to remove my dox that this idiot included in a post.

Very vile site, to be honest.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why the F is firefox copy pasting chrome and edge. It was much better before. It's still the choice but for some reason they decided to remove ''auto updates disabled''. So infuriating. I DO NOT need a bullshit note of new version update. ****ing hell. Apologize cannot prevent using some words to describe my pure resentment against it. Next stop make own os and browsers...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So I've mentioned my brother being an anti-vaxxer. No COVID shot for him neither his sons because he believes covid shot can kill his older son for other medical reasons. His view was not supported by doctors but he chose not to consent vaccinating him.

Now kiddo's at hospital with heavy fever and respiratory issues...

A terrible situation. For the boy and for his father above all. He was genuinely afraid of the shot. He didn't mean harm for the kid and I can't stop thinking how he blames himself for it. Taking the blame, be it justified or not, is not helping.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
If there's one thing that annoys me above all, it's a grown up woman acting over minor critique like a child who lost her shovel at the sandbox. e_e

I'm trying not to judge but pffft. It's hard. Always been..

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, despite the general buzz of patriotism that has been occurring this week with the Queen's Jubilee, one local council saw fit to not have the Union Jack hoist above the Council building...but instead Council leader Nadeem Ahmed allowed them to defiantly fly the Palestinian flag instead to the outrage of local constituents, requiring a social media campaign to eventually get it taken down.

Why oh why this English council felt it was necessary to display the flag of a foreign state in such a time is beyond my ken. But I have a guess...

Goldsickle

People who think that the game industry is "overdoing" with remakes and remasters must have forgotten all the "porting" that has been occurring since the 80's or 90's...

Games like Lunar, Ys or Snatcher getting ported over and over, some with from-the-ground-up graphical updates.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Today is my Sensory Overload Day. I have them occasionally, might have something to do with PTSD.

When I have a Sensory Overload Day, it means I'm having my headphones on almost all day with noise cancel turned on and listening to 8hr white noise playlist. It's the only way I can make it through the day with the 8mo Little Bean.
But that means I'm getting headache at the end of the day because noise cancel is not good for my ears, long-term... and that leads me to think whether painkillers would actually prevent that from happening

Bruh.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If you ever needed proof that politicians don't live in the real world then look no farther than the President of Ireland, who thought it proper to defend the terrorists who shot up a church in Nigeria as "victims of climate change".

My face hurts from facepalming too much.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
"This game is not Survival Horror."

- Brought to you by those who can't even explain what "Survival Horror" means.
"Experts" with no life, no actual talent, nor meaningful job, just say those things the sound important and useful. It's what I don't like about Avalanche Reviews. He's an okay guy, but he has too many of those this is or isn't true survival horror bits that get tiring real fast. It's why I have a hard time going back to the certain videos. The problem with a lot of these YouTubers that they want to act like they're "experts" on everything, with a lot of them don't have degrees, only have superficial ones, or ones that are part of a completely different subject.

Goldsickle

"Experts" with no life, no actual talent, nor meaningful job, just say those things the sound important and useful. It's what I don't like about Avalanche Reviews. He's an okay guy, but he has too many of those this is or isn't true survival horror bits that get tiring real fast. It's why I have a hard time going back to the certain videos. The problem with a lot of these YouTubers that they want to act like they're "experts" on everything, with a lot of them don't have degrees, only have superficial ones, or ones that are part of a completely different subject.
The thing is, Shinji Mikami actually explained his interpretation of what "Survival Horror" means multiple times throughout the years, since 1998 and even says it again as recent as 2020.

Unfortunately, his definition of "Survival Horror" is not according to the elitists' personal narrative, which is why it is largely ignored.

The guys back at Capcom have their own definition and it's pretty generalized, with no rigid rules like "you can't have a shop system" or anything like that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The thing is, Shinji Mikami actually explained his interpretation of what "Survival Horror" means multiple times throughout the years, since 1998 and even says it again as recent as 2020.
I recall reading bits and pieces throughout the years, but it has been a long while since I heard his interpretation.
Unfortunately, his definition of "Survival Horror" is not according to the elitists' personal narrative, which is why it is largely ignored.
Which only further proves how full of crap they actually are. They want to call Shinji the father of all survival horror (a title he himself hates), yet don't want to take any influence from him, except the superficial ones.
The guys back at Capcom have their own definition and it's pretty generalized, with no rigid rules like "you can't have a shop system" or anything like that.
It didn't make games like System Shock 2, Evil Within 2, Prey, or Dead Space any less survival horror. It sure as hell did not stop Capcom from putting a shop system in RE8. They're going harder on the horror for the RE4 remake, but that same shot system will probably still be there.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The Heard-Depp-trial drives me nuts. People had already judged Depp as a violent abuser and boycotted him and movies he were casted to - before the trial, before all the evidence and audiatur et altera pars principle. Based on RUMORS.

Now that it's basically confirmed Heard was lying and manipulating Depp people are STILL thinking of her as a victim.

I wonder how it would be received if it was vice versa aka if Heard was a guy and Depp a lady...
Oh right, it would be perfectly same thing on same grounds, let's cancel the man because canceling is popular these days and you only need to hear the simple version anyway before deciding to "boycott him"

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Don't worry, you're not the first person he raped, and you won't be the last"...so sayeth a police officer to a twelve year old girl.

They say you should judge a society based on how it treats its vulnerable, and so the appalling treatment of young girls when it comes to the grooming gangs really shows how this country has gone to the dogs. :mad:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Top Hat, no! It's not only the game journalists complaining about the lack of continues options in Final Vendetta. Plenty of regular and hardcore gamers who just want to do a regular playthrough without the bullshit have legit complaints as well. There is nothing wrong with having difficulty options. Them adding continues does not personally affect you, nor will stop you from the playing the standard hard modes. You can add him to the list of douchebags with the "GIT GUD, SCRUB!" attitude. You are so better than this. I have my dislikes with most journalists, but even the ones are bad at their jobs will have a point once in a long while. Your complaints and hoping the developers won't patch are null in void. They already working on the patch update and balance of the game to be fairer. I am surprised to see such behavior come from him.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm just... I don't know. Angry. Sad. Irritated. Drowning in useless feelings and full of everything negative.

It's boiling hot in here (for a Finn) but I guess I just have to get running tomorrow. It soothes me, it's my outlet. No better use for aggression than smacking the trail with your trainers, featuring hard rock or metal from your headphones.

Heck, I'm ready to set an alarm at 04:30 AM to get running so I don't have to get even more irritated by the thought of running in an oven

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Stomach cramp going on for two months.
There are no "safe" foods, everything I eat causes cramps.
Only feel good and clear-headed when my stomach is done digesting in between meals but I'll be hungry by then.
Completed course for multiple medications for bloating, cramps, stomach ache, heartburn, etc. but none of them worked.
Need to get checked at hospital but running low on funds.

Top Bottom