• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Day Before

Gasoline Tank

It's gonna be delayed until November, apparently.

Seemingly, there was some picky dispute over the game's title as it was selected by a company before they got to issue the trademark for it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
At this point im convinced the whole game is a scam, there are far too many red flags with the company to believe anything they say at this point.

• Multiple delays
  • Asking for volunteers to work on the game
  • No raw gameplay footage up to now and it was initially set to launch next month
  • Allegedly switching engines mid development
  • All content so far has been nothing but a vertical slice and proof of concept
  • Using it to advertise other products they develop
  • They have abandoned each game they have made shortly after release
  • Trademark issue with the name
  • Their Discord moderators have not seen any footage of the game and also arent sure its even real

Gasoline Tank

Yeah. It reminds me of what occurred with Abandoned.

I'm so bored. I haven't played any horror games since RE8 came out nearly 2 years ago. I didn't even play the DLC. It just didn't interest me. So I hope something good comes out this year that isn't just RE4. Although yes, RE4 should be awesome nonetheless, I meant something that's a non remake title.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah. It reminds me of what occurred with Abandoned.

Yeah quite similar in some regards with the studio that was meant to be developing Abandoned (appropriate name) only releasing a brief teaser for a long time with no updates, was in development hell, controversal Discord server where no-one knew if it was real and the Studio founder spending more time playing Rainbow Six Siege than working on his game. As far as I can remember it was actually 'abandoned' in the end too.

Most of the titles controversy centered around one individual (Hasan Kahraman) with that title however rather than a studio as a whole.

Gasoline Tank

I've got tons of DVDs and Blu-rays, so it's not like I'm bored. But I do miss having a good scare up in gaming. A lot of newer or modern horror games set on space stations and whatnot, are not all that appealing to me. That's because I find them awfully boring.

Steam is full of these indie games where all you do is walk around, or run and hide. That's not fun to me. I feel like you have to be able to somehow fight back, and I suppose co-op makes a game feel less creepy which is why it's rarely implemented, but there's not nearly enough good co-op horror games. Most of them are essentially just shooters. I even heard the co-op in the State of Decay games isn't that good, because you don't get much movement. But I'd love a full game with a campaign with friends, with excellent online support, and one that's got longevity and a heartwarming story.

I cannot believe it's 2023 and all we seem to be getting are remakes of these old ass games we already beat, some 2 or so decades ago. Which I mean, yeah. Why not, right? They are still cool. But it would be even cooler to receive something new that's just as appealing as the titles from yesteryear. Although it seldomly ever occurs like this today.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So the 'gameplay reveal' happened and was underwhelming as expected... nothing really happened and they didnt really show anything of note. Bland generic world, underwhelming gunplay, very little threat and a lot of walking around empty locations.

I've got tons of DVDs and Blu-rays, so it's not like I'm bored. But I do miss having a good scare up in gaming. A lot of newer or modern horror games set on space stations and whatnot, are not all that appealing to me. That's because I find them awfully boring.

Steam is full of these indie games where all you do is walk around, or run and hide. That's not fun to me. I feel like you have to be able to somehow fight back, and I suppose co-op makes a game feel less creepy which is why it's rarely implemented, but there's not nearly enough good co-op horror games. Most of them are essentially just shooters. I even heard the co-op in the State of Decay games isn't that good, because you don't get much movement. But I'd love a full game with a campaign with friends, with excellent online support, and one that's got longevity and a heartwarming story.

I cannot believe it's 2023 and all we seem to be getting are remakes of these old ass games we already beat, some 2 or so decades ago. Which I mean, yeah. Why not, right? They are still cool. But it would be even cooler to receive something new that's just as appealing as the titles from yesteryear. Although it seldomly ever occurs like this today.

Sons of the Forest is coming this month and it will have some good horror elements (if it keeps the tone of The Forest) it can also be played with friends too. State of Decay 2 co-op is fairly good but the tethering aspect can feel a little restrictive at times on such a large map.

A lot of these type of games dont have much in the way of story campaigns and certainly not a heartwarming story with the tone of the genre.

Top Bottom