• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you fix DMC2?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A prequel game as tony redgrave, and having 2 allow you to do missions as a demon hurting merc ties into my sandbox or open world idea for DMC2

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
May also be a lot more fun that what we originally got, also as a merc he may have done things that darkened his soul

Could explain his lack of energy and personality in 2, as hardened mercs are often depicted as closed off and blunt and have ptsd

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
May also be a lot more fun that what we originally got, also as a merc he may have done things that darkened his soul

Could explain his lack of energy and personality in 2, as hardened mercs are often depicted as closed off and blunt and have ptsd
I had a friend who thought of DMC2 as a prequel so that could be an option for a rewrite.

Indiana Jones's original trilogy was out of order. The second film was a prequel to the first. So DMC2 could follow the same route.

CaitNíSé_D_Huntress

Well to me that is down to level design and music, you could dante going through catacombs under a church or through a dimly lit abandoned or shutdown hospital, an old mansion maybe or an asylum

Fighting demons and spirits and other things, all while eerie music is mixed in with metal music depending on if he is in combat or not.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well to me that is down to level design and music, you could dante going through catacombs under a church or through a dimly lit abandoned or shutdown hospital, an old mansion maybe or an asylum

Fighting demons and spirits and other things, all while eerie music is mixed in with metal music depending on if he is in combat or not.
Would you do a body horror segment? You could lean into Uroborous experimenting on people.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya DMC1 dante was albino leon ha ha , but the re style atmosphere and horror style could work in DMC2

Confined spaces to fight in being mixed in with the larger open spaces would help that

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ya DMC1 dante was albino leon ha ha , but the re style atmosphere and horror style could work in DMC2

Confined spaces to fight in being mixed in with the larger open spaces would help that
The tombs of Dumary Island could use that vibe.

The open spaces would be in the capital city where Uroborous headquarters is centered.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A Gears of war 5 approach could work too, instead of 20 missions do multiple acts, with some acts being linear and horror like the old mission style

And then so sandbox style explorable acts where you can dial up the combos and be ott with the action.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A Gears of war 5 approach could work too, instead of 20 missions do multiple acts, with some acts being linear and horror like the old mission style

And then so sandbox style explorable acts where you can dial up the combos and be ott with the action.
You could have a linear path and a metroidvania style path for repeat playthroughs.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I'd retool Arius to be more like Eric Robert's take on the Master from Doctor Who.

Last edited:

CaitNíSé_D_Huntress

All great ideas here, i think horror elements and more fleshed out combat are the way to to.Varied level design and enemies too, and maybe add in trickster and swordmaster styles for dante.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would add in all the styles, then when they appeared in DMC3 it would not have been as big of a change and adjustment.

windleopard

* It's explicitly mentioned that Dante and Trish have been separated and Dante hasn't spoken to Lady in years. Hence, he feels a bit closed off.

* We see more inhabitants of the island. Also show Dante and Lucia helping people being attacked by demons.

* The twist that Lucia is a creation of Arius is better foreshadowed throughout the story.

* Matier is a more active participant and the story delves more into her ability to use magic.

* More exposition on the gods Lucia's clan worships is given. Perhaps give them a role in Lucia's "defectiveness".

* Develop Bolverk and his history with Sparda.

* Go into Arius's origins. Perhaps make him a denizen of Vie Di Marli or have him be a worshipper of Argosax.

* It goes without saying, but improve the gameplay.

Top Bottom