• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

RedRose
RedRose
sure.

as for tv shows and whatnot i'm not quite sure. i haven't watched them lately
V's patron
V's patron
thx
how about movies.
RedRose
RedRose
movies, i'm pretty psyced about green lantern and harry potter part 2
V's patron
V's patron
im still debating on whether or not i should see the two part harry potter.
according to reviews , gl was a ok movie but not great so its on the backburner for me despite me being a big fan.
V's patron
V's patron
im wondering if you would want to be a green lantern on account of their ring allowing to make any thing you want which would be your dream power as an artist.
RedRose
RedRose
hell yeah >< it'd be freaking sweet
V's patron
V's patron
its funny cause one of the green lanterns is an artist and he is known for his unpredictability because he makes anime-ish constructs and the such.
RedRose
RedRose
see i wouldn't do that though, if i could make my art come to life i'd make my creatures n everything, and who knows maybe scare the **** out of the governement so bad that they'd help people who need it....i'd kinda be an anti hero. very bad, but very good
V's patron
V's patron
good is relative and i would be more of a standard hero rather than anti-hero, i would be more like cole from infamous.

on another note, do you think dante's redesign was needed?
RedRose
RedRose
to be able to come more up to date with other games that are currently out, yes actualy. dante's design has been the same since 1, maybe not exactly the same but the same steriotypical motif, white hair, pale skin, red coat, and boots. and after a while people get a little tired of it, which is why there are quite a few nero lovers out there, cause it was a little different.
RedRose
RedRose
i think if the story line pans out, people will start being more accepting of dante's new look. i know i didn't like nero at first till i played 4, now he'll never be in the same rank as dante but i do love him. and i personaly love dante's new look in this, it's darker, more grungy. a different side of dante that we've never seen and i'm excited to see what they do with it and if i'm right
V's patron
V's patron
I see your point but i dont think that i would have since i dont really have a problem with his look, i had more of a problem with his character and would have done more with fleshing him out. But since i dont know anything about his character i cant really say he is any different other than his sadist tendencies are more overt or less grandstanding than before.
V's patron
V's patron
i think that the problem with nero was that kobayashi didnt back him to the wall by making a 100% unique character brecause he made him too reminiscent of dante in all aspects and didnt take the time to fully explain his connection to dante and relied to much on saving it for a sequel. But on and all, i kind of like nero and hope they would give him his own anime since he is a easier character to do in a anime .
V's patron
V's patron
than dante.
RedRose
RedRose
definitely. i do agree that nero looks too like dante as well. though some of his otherlooks that they were going to go with would have been interesting and much more unique.
RedRose
RedRose
but i think the reason kobayashi made nero the way he is was because he couldn't change up the char too much. there was something holding him back which i think is why he decided to hand character design over to someone else. lady and trish are almost similar in character as well. he has an issue with straying from an original design.
V's patron
V's patron
that makes sense but i thought that another artist did the designs and he just okayed them.
RedRose
RedRose
i'm talking with the new game and ninja theory in context to handing over design
V's patron
V's patron
http://www.talexiart.com/
thats the visual arts director for the game.
i think kobayashi might have had free reign over nero but chose not to make jhim stand out too much for fear of fan backlash.
Top Bottom