• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

Ember To Inferno
Ember To Inferno
Hey aka, thank you for taking the time to post on my profile! And Vagrant Story was decent for its time, however these days I'm not too sure how I would feel about it. I do remember there being a pretty in-depth combat system, however it can be seen as too slow. And I agree about JRPGs, although if you find a good one they're quite the treat :D.
Ember To Inferno
Ember To Inferno
And no, I have not played Dragon quest VIII. What system is it for? I'll absolutely try it out, thanks for telling me about it.
aka958
aka958
I thought Final Fantasy IX's combat was too slow. Faaaar too slow. So it is kinda like IX or worse? o.o

It's on the PS2. At first it seemed kinda bland imo but I got into it really quickly. Having really neat graphics, a simple but great battle-system, great characters, exploration and an usual good vs evil story. You could check some reviews or gameplay to see if it is to your liking or not. :p
Ember To Inferno
Ember To Inferno
Vagrant Story is a 3D action JRPG. It doesn't play like a turn-based RPG. Sorry for not explaining that. So I couldn't really compare the two. Let me find a gameplay video that shows the combat real fast for you.

And I've seen Dragon Quest before, although I didn't know it was Dragon Quest lol. I saw my friend playing one on the DS. I'll find 8 somewhere and try it out, however I'm not sure where I could find it D:
Ember To Inferno
Ember To Inferno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YTaLg0mTc

You may click that if you like. But looking back at it again, it is decently slow, although you can really chain some combos. Also you need to hit certain body parts to deal better damage depending on who you go up against. All in all, I think it's something that takes some getting used to, however it's decent fun if you manage to like the game :D
aka958
aka958
It looks kinda strange. It might be fun but... I think I'll look onwards for other games. o.o

I played this really great dungeon crawler JRPG with two really annoying features that destroyed it all for me. :c
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarters is it's name. You know of it?
Ember To Inferno
Ember To Inferno
Yeah, it is really strange lol.

And I have only played Breath of Fire III and IV. I didn't even know "Dragon Quarters" existed :O. What were the flaws? Must have been pretty big, as III and IV I really liked.
Top Bottom