• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

meg5493
meg5493
haha probably so i take it you like DmC?
Razyel
Razyel
In general yes, it's funny how I used to hate it and then I started to like it :D
meg5493
meg5493
Just curious but what do you like about it? :)
Razyel
Razyel
I like the new backstory, everything seems so well written and planned not quite like MGS, but for a hack n slash game it's on league of it's own. It's weird I haven't seen anything like this before, the style is western, but the gameplay is eastern. I also like 70's and 80's punk rock so that explains a lot :D
meg5493
meg5493
Havent heard anyone say that before but i really do hate how they portray vergil and dante in this :(
Razyel
Razyel
Well it's a matter of taste so no use of arguing about that, all I can say is that after I realised that this is a different universe, different take on the story, I just somehow got over it. I felt that the old characters wouldn't fit the new environment.
The same way I love the Spider-man trilogy and the new rebooted movie, and because I'm a huge comics fan I'm used to reboots and alternate universes :)
meg5493
meg5493
Hmm true on that I promised myself one thing when it first came out (the trailer anyway) is that if they added Vergil i wouldnt get it i will watch walkthroughs of it when it comes and if i like it i might pick it up
Razyel
Razyel
Don't make promises you can't keep ;) I'm also waiting for a long time , because here in Finland we have compulsory military service for young adults, that lasts for 6-12 months depending on how well you perform...
meg5493
meg5493
Wait what? :D
Razyel
Razyel
Just saying that I won't be able to play the game until maybe next summer :D Damn army recruiting, but that's how it goes around here :DD Our situations are similiar although for different reasons ; )
meg5493
meg5493
Oh okay but can i ask why the new dante is wearing a british flag on his jacket sleeve :/ i really want to know besides the fact that NT is a british developer
Razyel
Razyel
I think it's a nod for the 70's british punk rock wave, you know: Sex Pistols, the Clash and many more... Dante even looks a little bit like Sid Vicious in some of the early pictures, remember the one where he is holding that arrest plate?
meg5493
meg5493
yeah it aint my thing though it reminds me to much of the movie "They live" but instead of aliens its demons
Razyel
Razyel
I'm thinking more like: V For Vendetta or 1984 :D
meg5493
meg5493
NJ theory did rip a scene from the exorcism of emily rose, that one demon transformation at the club and dante also comes off as a jerk in this :c
Razyel
Razyel
Probably so, but nowadays everything is a rip off from something.. And yep Dante has serious problems :DD But I can see the character development from the trailers, by the end of it he should be atleast a little less jerkish and more heroic.
That's why I like this story setting: Dante is like an underdog that is given a chance of a life time, he fights not only demons but himself or something like that...
Razyel
Razyel
But that's just me, I understand why many people won't like him and that's ok :)
Top Bottom