• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

meg5493
meg5493
Sorry for the late reply I liked 4 used to hate 5 but that simmered down and 6...well in the beginning I was sooo psyched for 6 I mean who wouldn't be? When my friend told me about the trailer and I saw Leon and Chris along with who looked to be along the lines of Steve and Ashley I was just like YEEAAAH then more info came out and Ada was going to be in it and a "clone" of Ada and then
meg5493
meg5493
Weskers son well to put it shortly I was disappointed with 6 especially since Revelations gave me renewed hope about RE actually being scary and on a side note I just got the novelization of RE2 which is supposed to be pretty good
A
aoshi
I have not played the scary RE games. As i said my first RE was RE 4. I liked the gameplay and puzzle solving. The reason i hated RE 5 was there was heavy imbalance in ammo. We could end up getting more shot gun shells and grenades than hand gun ammo. In RE 4, I found the formula as grenades least, shot gun lesser and hand gun, TMP with a lot of ammo.
A
aoshi
Shift in balance really bothered me since i try to use hand guns mostly in fear of losing shot gun shells. Also, inventory with jus 9 slots did not help. RE 5 seemed like an RE-expert-only game cuz i missed out a lot on classic RE with inventory mixing of grenade launchers and real-time management of inventory. Plus melees?????I thought resident evil was a strictly shooter game.
A
aoshi
I found RE 6 more in line with RE 4 with balance in ammo. In mercenaries, zombies don't drop any other ammo besides hand gun and grenades were so hard to come by. Melees were still a no-no but i would not complain much since the game fared well in other departments.
A
aoshi
IDK, I feel RE 6 as a better game to RE 5 cuz of the ammo scarcity and amount of puzzle solving involved with 4 campaigns that kept me busy. Then there is mercenaries. I would have wanted all maps on disc than DLCs.In a way, I did not hate RE 6.
meg5493
meg5493
5 and 6 were more action which i didn't like at all 4 had its moments and was generally a good game even if it wasn't the best RE game. I still play 2 because its so fun I think it takes away from the survival when enemies drop ammo its stupid and random
meg5493
meg5493
5's problem was that it tried to be an action game while still using survival horror combat (I have that same problem with Parasite eve 2) Also the characters in 5 they ruined Chris and Wesker and then in 6 they made Chris even worse and imo ruined Sherry and Leon while giving Jake a stupid backstory
meg5493
meg5493
I think it would have made sense if Jake=Steve since it would have given him and sherry something in common. Ada has been the same since 4 and I hate that personality
meg5493
meg5493
I miss when Mercenaries had objectives like in Battle mode and Operation Mad Jackal :(
A
aoshi
ORC was my least fav RE game. But i enjoyed it anyways. It had a dark atmosphere though was strictly action. No inventory management either. On my first playthrough, I did not find it bad. But did not find the need to replay it. Wat do you think of ORC?
Top Bottom