• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

MigsRZXAStylish
MigsRZXAStylish
Thanks for the congratulations bro.

And, reading your comments in 'DmC2 might not be from NT', I'm glad you have given DmC a chance. As you can see in my replies to LysseC's comment here, I too like old Dante more, yet I see some redeeming qualities new Dante has to offer; I like BOTH Dantes.

Should look at my post regarding me liking BOTH!
MigsRZXAStylish
MigsRZXAStylish
For me, the best Classic Dante would have to be from DMC1 due to his balanced personality. DMC3 Dante comes in second, followed by DMC4 Dante.

DmC Dante may be below these three Dantes, but at least he is better than DMC2 Dante...
MigsRZXAStylish
MigsRZXAStylish
In my first status message here, I said that I may have enjoyed DmC but its gameplay could've been made a whole lot better.
MigsRZXAStylish
MigsRZXAStylish
I have heard of the UK punk movement before. They're the ones who also gave the Do-It-Yourself ethic.
MigsRZXAStylish
MigsRZXAStylish
Emphasis on aerial combat is one of the things I like about DmC.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
Hey, I should be thanking you. But that'd be out of character... Maybe I should throw an insult your way instead. ;P

I'm glad too. I mean, I do like DmC. It's a good title but I'm one of those guys who can enjoy both without having to sacrifice one over the other. I may not like DmC as much as DMC3, but hell, its still a DMC in my book. If anything is to go by, DmC wasn't playtested very
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
well. Some of the flaws that are present should be nonexistent in a DMC title. For example, the game suffers a bit from balance issues. DMC was never unbalanced. It doesn't stop the gameplay from feeling satisying but it does takes away some depth, in my opinion. Although I do admire the stronger emphasis on aerial combat.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
As for Dante, DMC3 will always remain king in my book but DmC Dante is no slouch himself. He honestly comes off as a punk version of the one I knew and loved. Which is understandable. From the knowledge I posses, DmC was supposed to represent the punk movement that originated in UK.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
Mhm. I do think DmC Dante is lacking a bit of charm though. Like, he's cool and all, but he needs to make me smile more when he's on screen. The Old Dante was very entertaining to watch because he'd do ridiculous stunts like ride missles, surf on enemies, kick brutal demon ass while eating pizza, and spout sexual innuendos. He came off as endearing. DmC Dante should take notes.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
This made me laugh my f*cking ass off though: "Who invited you, fatass?!" LOL.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
This too.

S.W.A.T. Member: I've got the girl!
DmC Dante: And I've got you, motherf*cker.

Just reminded me a lot of myself. I relate to DMC3 Dante pretty well. One of the points a member made on this site (I believe it was Loopy) was that DMC3 Dante and DmC Dante are two sides of the same coin. They start off not giving a damn, then develop into hardened selfless individuals. I like that.
Chibi Dante
Chibi Dante
I mean, DmC Dante goes from: "What makes you think I give a shyit?" to "The world is under my protection now." You really do get a nice sense of character development.
Top Bottom