• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
Well I had no clue Cunning was the most difficult skill tree.

This is a reverse DmC for me.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
LOL @ the DmC jab. Anyway, I said it was the hardest because you can't fall back on your sword or gun powerups as much as you could if you were upgrading the other trees.

One more thing: For maximum difficulty, see if you can upgrade only these skills:
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
C0unter Strike

Ambush

Unf0rseen

Deathmark

Innervate

Death Bl0ss0m

Not telling you how to play, I'm just wondering if it were possible to take on your enemies using only upgraded stealth and non-upgraded melee (no guns, period).
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
But Borderlands is all about the guns!

Also what I said wasn't really a jab at DmC, it's just that if Cunning is the hardest and I had no problem with it, DmC was the reverse for me because I struggled with it on SoS and DMD, yet everyone else didn't.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
lol... whoops. I forgot about that. I only meant that you should forgo guns to make the game more of a challenge for yourself; explore new horizons.

Besides, the article I posted (the melee machine one) said that if you want to get up close and personal right away, then ignore sniping altogether and just go for the sword exclusively instead.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
It's your game though; play how you want. I just thought it was sorta fascinating that you might end up going the 'ultimate extreme' route when it came to gameplay.
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
Funny how I was sniping oriented in the first game but melee oriented in the second.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
As well as you should be. Let me put it this way:

Any game that allows you to focus on "improvised" melee (Mirror's Edge, the Halo Energy Swords, Mass Effect, and to a certain degree, Infamous 2 and Red Steel 2) is a game very much worth playing and remembering.
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
And one of those is my favourite game in the world.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
I just really like the idea of being skillful enough to get in close without the use of guns -- to me, it's a sign of evolution -- an "apex predator" if you will (the Alpha of the Alphas -- the Head Alpha Prevails).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXDZMsjvUM
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
You've got good taste in games then. Like I said, any game with a possible focus (be it intentional or unintentional) on melee is almost always a game to keep throughout the ages.
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
The game is Infamous 2, btw.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
That's one of my favorite games ever. I almost changed my name to Cole MacGrath, but I liked Zer0 better. Also, my "Fantasy Novel Idea" is based heavily off of Kingdoms of Amalur/Legacy of Kain Defiance/DMC/DmC/Infamous/Infamous B-Festival/Persona 3/Persona 4/Harry Potter.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
I really like the ideas in infamous and thought it would be great to fuse it with a lot of the other games I liked. Also, I had this wild idea where I could be a demon hunter but DMC4 Dante killed me and I came back from hell -- this is like my "gritty Persona 4 reboot" idea, only I'm taking a direct jab at Dante.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
"Nice ass-chaps, brokeback! Where's your riding crop??" *gets fatally sliced by Dante*

This is based off of the S&M insult against Ryu Hayabusa in the trailer for NGZ:

"Nice gimp suit, Hayabusa! Where's your ball gag?" *gets fatally sliced by Hayabusa*

"I should've killed you 15 demons back, cowboy."
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
We need Ninja Theory to make MGS: Metal Gear Solid. It can have the exact same plot as DmC, but with Solid as Dante and Liquid as Vergil.
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
Sorry, MgS.
Demi-fiend
Demi-fiend
This. I actually hadn't thought of that until you brought it up. Thank God you think the same thing. I'm really against Kojima and his fans taking themselves (and those long-winded) games so seriously.

I mean, you yourself may or may not be a fan, but you have to admit that they're not NEARLY as well-written as the devoted fanboy acolytes would have you believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vPq047-8s
ItWasAnEggTimer
ItWasAnEggTimer
They are extremely complicated stories, though.

But complicated =/= quality.
Top Bottom