• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Well then I'm sorry but I just can't agree. TW2 and 3 absolutely didn't have that feeling for me. They felt authentic in their representation of the world (fantasy setting aside), and deep in how they fit their stories in it.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I actually do agree with Enigma on it. While TW1 featured less stereotypical characters despite it sex scenes in it.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I think in TW2 its kinda to exxagarated because of small space
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Really? I instead think that TW1, while still having really good narrative, still is below TW2. And doesn't feel all THAT exaggerated at all to me. Actually, none of the three games does.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I dunno I just felt that they tried to put as much as possible in TW2 as possible, in the end it kinda lacked appealing characters and consequent storytelling. You know when I watch GoT I think Witcher could learn lot from it.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Wow it lacks appealing characters?! Dude, I can respect your opinion but you lost me right there.
Enigma
Enigma
It does really lack appealing characters. Roche and Iorveth, for example, might as well have been the same person for all I cared. They lacked good, deep backstories and really weren't likable. For more info on why I think so just like Innsmouth, it's best to just read that part of my review. Otherwise I'd just end up posting walls of text here, and I don't want to spam.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
I'm sorry guys, but no. I could write an essay about it, but profile posts are limited in character number.

The Witcher series is FULL of what are among the best characters I've ever seen in western RPGs.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
personally I think that for characters to be appealing they need to have both good and bad traits. In witcher many characters are to one-sided. In GoT some of them introduced like douches but shown other qualities, which is sadly rarely case with Witcher.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Actually that is false. They often show grey personalities instead of black or white, and it shows in the decisions you gotta make in the story.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Again, I could be writing a freaking poem, but... 420 characters at a time in profile posts... LOL
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
My problem is usually its positive characters who have grey personalities while villains and antagonists have little to no redeeming qualities. I don't remember anything redeeming about fat rapist king in TW2
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Fat rapist king? Who's that? The only rapist I can think of is Henselt, but he's not fat. Who are you talking about?
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
really? He seemed pretty fat to me, but yeah that guy
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
And anyway, even Henselt does have nice qualities. Yeah he's mostly scum but at the same time he values things like honor in war and fairness in battle. He was sorry for the Aedirnian, his foes, when Sabrina cast that massive fire spell to win the battle, killing friends and foes alike. He recognized the Aedirnian's valor in battle, and felt ashamed for Sabrina's cheap and indiscriminate move.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
umm..he burnt her at stake and only thing he was sorry because he had huge army of ghosts at his ass, if i remember right…actually if you want maybe we move it to PM sections to not flood others profiles with notifications?
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
I see you confused about the timeline, the ghosts army only appeared while the game plays out, the battle itself happened years before.

At the time the battle happened and Sabrina did her shameful trick, he was indeed ashamed of her behavior and acknowledged the Aedirnian's valor. You can see it in the quest to lift the mist curse in Chapter 2, when Geralt has to re-live the battle's events to remove the curse.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I know the whole story, but if i remember right it was same battle mentioned in book, and if its so, Triss was also there and they had no other choice but to cast fire spell, since otherwise they would be completely wiped out
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
No no, the battle mentioned in the books where Triss also fought was the battle of the Sodden hill. Where Triss was believed dead. That's another story.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
ah ok. I admit I didn't follow story that close…but than again, there is also characters like Leo Bonart in books who were straight evil through and through.
Top Bottom