• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

V
Viper
Never said I don't want anything new, but that majority of people who pay for this stuff like familiarity. For someone who is open to new stuff, you sure cry a lot before she can even prove herself. And don't bring her private views into this, plenty of actors were ****s privately, but could offer a professional performance. At least start complaining once she offers some material to judge her as a bad choice.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
Erm, I actually was around Jojo forums for veeery long time. Not so much in last few years but I was very often than during when he just started Steel Ball Run. Also I dont think thats the case since Golden Whirlwind had very homosexual undertones. Especially start with GioGio and Bucaratti.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
As for later statement, she already managed to fail in my eyes even before she started. Aslo whoever director on this he's obviously in PC culture and considering how overblown with SJW stuff last season was, I don't expect anything better. Only worse. So no, I dont think I should waste my time on this. I already seen where this goes with Ghosbusters. Which was trash to say least
Shadow
Shadow
If you're done with the series, then why are you so angry about it? Just move on to a different series. Is it really worth spending all this time to throw a fit over "sjws" and "pandering" and all this stuff that literally gives no actual opinion on the series when you could just...go find another series that suits you better and enjoy that instead?
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
because 90% of the series nowadays are overfilled with pandering. I'm sick of the whole political agenda shoved down my throat. Im starting to get a feeling I'm living in germany 1939. All should be as current policy dictates. All characters should be queer transgender persons of colour. Otherwise its sexist/mysoginistic etc.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
And Im ****ed because it was TV I really enjoyed, which now just made into propaganda tool. Like Marvel Comic. Like Ghosbusters. etc etc etc.
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
If the writing of the series doesn't improve, then the innovation of the Doctor being female is meaningless and futile...that's a FAR larger incentive to drop the show. It's why I dropped Star Wars, because of the shameless originality, idiotic narrative choices, and obscene plagiarism...not because the protagonist has a different set of junk.
Lain
Lain
@WolfOD64 This is pretty much my feelings on it too. That's one reason why I don't think Moffat leaving is going to magically solve the bad scripts, since he didn't write most of them. Rather if we don't get some fresh blood in the writing team then the show will continue to go downhill.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I actually didnt mind recent run. I think Capalldi was much better choice Math Smith, whose run was pretty bad imho. What annoyed me is recent trend to remind about LGBT, Mysoginy and Racism in each episode
Meg
Meg
Considering how a lot of Doctor Who fans are also progressive liberals/ Tumblr Feminists, it doesn't *really* surprise me that they would try to pander to that audience. For me, the decision to make the Doctor a woman isn't the issue. It's a symptom of a much larger issue. Progressive liberalism/post modernism has not only become very popular but also very easy to push onto other people.
Meg
Meg
So much emphasis is put on innate characteristics like gender, race, and sexual orientation, and not on traits that truly define us like our beliefs and personalities. So my issue with the Doctor being a woman is not just "oh he's a woman now that's bad" but rather what the decision seems representative of.
Meg
Meg
Everything said, can we all take a moment to appreciate how good the Wonder Woman movie is? @.@
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
@Meg You absolutely nailed it. People are writing these characters with their progressive status first, and their traits second. And that's PRECISELY why Wonder Woman succeeded...not because of anyone's agenda, but because of how strong the writing and characters panned out. That's what makes a story enjoyable, not meaningless, SECONDARY aspects like gender/race/orientation/preference of Kellog's cereal.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
completely agree with it. Character should be defined by its writing not by its nationality or gender. And Wonder Woman was very enjoyable movie. My only grip with it was over usage of CGi in the end, but its probably best DC film since Dark Knight.
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
No, Wolf, preference of Kellogg's cereal is still VERY important.

I agree with everything else, but just don't change that.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
I don't really care for the gender like most would. As long as the new lead has some ground to stand on for herself, and the plot is good, she could be a tree for all I care.
Meg
Meg
OMG Tree Doctor! I would go for that! @.@
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
Isn't the acting on Doctor Who wooden enough as it is?
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
Isn't the Tardis made of wood?
Reactions: Lain
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
Is it? I thought London Police & Telephone Booths were made of metal. If it is, it's officially the flimsiest space ship in all of sci-fi. A Tie Fighter from Star Wars could just swoop down and reduce it to cinders.
Top Bottom