• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

WolfOD64
WolfOD64
Which version of the game are you playing?
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
Ps3 Dark Arisen
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
UGH...the console versions of that game are ABYSMAL. The MT Framework Engine was NEVER meant for the stress of an open-world game, and the console versions are living proof of that. Also, if you're playing the vanilla version of the game, prepare for glitches and difficulty spikes that were removed in the Dark Arisen ver. That said, the PC version runs great, and they plan on migrating that ver. to PS4 & XB1 soon.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
thats not vanilla vers. Thats Dark Arisen version, but I wouldn't care for some visual glitches, but when places name disappear from the map, quests sometimes pop and sometimes not and enemy not re spawn even after 7+ days of wait, it gets tedious and annoying, especially considering how convoluted quest system is.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Speaking of MT Framework, used as I am to how gorgeous DMC4 looks, the borderline end of PS2 era graphics of DD was a major factor of how put off I was when I tried it out. It just looks really ugly to me, which boggles my mind considering what the engine achieved in the past.
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
The textures in Dragon's Dogma, particularly for the PS3/360 versions were scaled down drastically to accommodate for the framerate (and even THAT didn't stop the game from chugging like hell). If you have a nice PC, the 2016 release on Steam looks really good...like open-world DMC4 good.
WolfOD64
WolfOD64
@Innsmouth Oh, no doubt about it: the quest system and fast-travel in DD are both crippled beyond repair. The idea is that quests have time limits so that you attempt different quests in separate playthroughs, which would be fine if the transport and fast-travel system didn't eat up so much time. I enjoy the game, but completing some quests is impossible without a wiki to help you.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
@WolfOD64 It's the PC version I'm talking about... I actually bothered taking screens from both DD and DMC4SE to compare them side by side cause I couldn't believe how much uglier DD looked. I don't know what went on with the visuals team of that game but I just couldn't bring myself to look at it for more than 10 minutes straight.
Top Bottom