• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

WolfOD64
WolfOD64
DiCaprio's a superb choice if the scriptwriters step up their game and give him proper material to work with. Literally my favorite role Leo has ever played was in Django Unchained, and his performance there as a dastardly, smiley villain makes me hope he can bring that same vile performance to the Joker. And yes...not being a walking cringe-machine like Leto helps as well.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
Sorry. That was another false rumor.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
It's not. So far they considering it. Also Joker movie is confirmed to be not part of DCU meaning Leto is out. (thank god for this)
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
Do you have the source for this that said the rumor was true, because the original person who started that rumor confessed to it being false.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
they didn't claim it was false. Just that it may not happen. He's considered not signing contract already. Please, check the sources. Anyway, whoever gonna play Joker, he'll still be million times better than Leto's parody.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
You're probably right. I don't care who plays this new version of Joker, I just hope it tries to do something new. I don't want an origin movie of Joker anyway since that just ruins Joker as a character who's not suppose to have an origin story. I also don't want just another rip off of Ledger's Joker just because they can't come up with something unique.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
As for Leto, I don't have much of an opinion on him other then he had an aesthetic design that I felt was the best look of any live action Joker to date, but his over-exaggerated acting as him felt less like animated series Joker, and more like Batman: End Game Joker or A Serious House On Serious Earth Joker; both versions that over-exaggerated their movements in a similar fashion.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
I tend not to judge things right off the bat until I see it in full. So until I see more of Jared Leto's Joker (who will be in Gotham City Sirens and Suicide Squad 2) then naw, I can't just write him off as bad just yet. But hey, to each his own I guess.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I found Leto horrible as a Joker. Not only he was completely unconvincing in his role, also he was wastly inferior to each joker aside from maybe modern DCAU. He lacked any depth, he didn't come out as especially smart or menacing and his look was to hipster to even consider it decent.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
Also from what I've remember Serious House On Serious Earth featured pretty much classic iteration of Joker, who was on one side manipulative and on the other hand showed great understanding towards Batman psyche.
DragonMaster2010
DragonMaster2010
Yeah but I meant in over-eggageration I found him similar to SHOSE. The only problem for ME was that SS did him dirty and I didn't get to see what this Joker was like if Harley Quinn was out of the picture and it was just him, Batman, and his interaction with other Gotham City rogues. The look isn't too bad for me. I've seen him dressed in worse so I can take it.
Top Bottom