• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
Y’know, some links would be nice bro.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I know it did awesome on steam, but for some reason it seems failing on physical release.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
Yeah 3 million copies on PC alone doesn't sound tame at all.
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
I’m no business expert or in the know on sales. However, 3 million copies sold on PC alone alongside however many copies sold for Xbox/PS sounds they like absolutely smashed sales on this one.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
do they count digital sales though? I think DMC4 made around 2 mil on physical sales alone. It seems DMC5 struggles to break million atm.
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
To date pretty much every DMC game has made around 2-3 million copies sold but that’s over the course of years. And sales are sales so they would count digital sales as well as lots of people buy digital copies these days. PC sales alone are at 3 million. I would say DMC 5 is safe.
Innsmouth
Innsmouth
I really hope so, because after such a strong come back it would be shame if he have to wait for another 11 years.
LordOfDarkness
LordOfDarkness
I can see your concern but I can honestly see a DMC 6 on the not so distant horizon. Sales seem to be good (maybe great) and the reviews are all very positive. It would seem in Capcom’s favour to continue the series on and cash in whilst they’re making the right decisions with the series.
Top Bottom