• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Forums

BrawlMan
BrawlMan
The Burton Batman mobile was simple and effective; the Shumacher movies took a design, and tried to fix what wasn't broken. There's a reason why Burton's mobile is so iconic and was the basis for the bat mobile design for the Animated Series. As long as the new mobile does it's own thing and doesn't do that ugly tumbler from The Dark Knight Trilogy, I am good.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
@BrawlMan Bah. The Tumbler was awesome. Resembling a Lamborghini mixed with a tank, destructive and gave off a feeling of being unstoppable, you could take it seriously. Burton's was basically a limousine with ridiculous things on the back to look like bat wings or some ****. Lame and cheesy, like Keaton's rubbery suit. Schumacher took the ridiculousness a whole step further.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
It's iconic cause it looked more comic book-y but that's exactly why I laugh at it. It looks silly. The Tumbler on the other hand, not only does it look awesome but it also comes off as much, much more of a threat. Intimidating like Batman as a whole should be.
BrawlMan
BrawlMan
I love the part where it becomes a motorcycle in The Dark Knight. Now that was badass. I know every bat mobile was a sign of its respective time period and decade, but tumbler let's you know it's the 2000s. My problem with the tumbler was that for a Batman trilogy that was supposed to be more "grounded/realistic". The tank comes off as more cartoonish and over-the-top by comparison.
Foxtrot94
Foxtrot94
How is a tank-like vehicle more cartoonish or less plausible? Something intimidating looking, tanky and heavily armed, military grade is exactly what you'd want to fight the criminal underworld over some winged limousine.
Top Bottom