• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Foxtrot94
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes it's the nostalgic kid in me, but I'm loving this Prince of Persia crossover event thing For Honor has got going on right now.
    Think about it. Keanu Reeves has played a crap ton of characters named John. Johnny Silverhand is just one of many. What's with him and John's.
    • Haha
    Reactions: V's patron
    Carlos
    Carlos
    I'm guessing that the "John" characters he portrays are meant to be like the "John Waynes" his story or storyline... Have you noticed he plays the part, too?
    V's patron
    V's patron
    Coming up with names is pretty hard. That's why most writers tend to use common names.
    DMC5 finally free of Denuvo. So Capcom does have the common sense to at least remove that useless piece of crap after a while.
    Reactions: Erian1Mortal
    Erian1Mortal
    Erian1Mortal
    From what I hear they tend to do that after around a year... wish they'd do the same for Monster Hunter World
    Foxtrot94
    Foxtrot94
    A year is still too long, IMO. The ****ing thing gets cracked in days, weeks at most, just get it out of the game after a few months. Now some mods and Cheat Engine stuff don't work anymore cause they were built for the Denuvo exe.
    Erian1Mortal
    Erian1Mortal
    Well that was to expected but I think most modders will have their stuff updated pretty quick since there was a denuvoless exe file before
    Latest Batman rumors have it that the Batmobile won't be as stylized as the Burton and Schumacher's movies. GOOD. Those looked so stupid and childish.
    Reactions: Vergil95
    LordOfDarkness
    LordOfDarkness
    Sometimes they like to go with the style of the design over the actual practicality of it. I guess it’s about what they think looks cool because cool is cool not about what makes sense. I don’t really have a batmobile preference tbh. They all add something in their own way I guess. But realistically it should function as being something strong and sturdy and not easily destructible.
    BrawlMan
    BrawlMan
    Honestly, the bat mobile from Batman V. Superman strikes better balance between car and tank design, and blends together smoothly. I find that more appealing to look at in perticular compared to the tumbler.
    AgentRedgrave
    AgentRedgrave
    Wasn't the BvS Batmobile meant to be a combination of Burton and Nolan's versions? I thought for sure I read that's exactly what it was meant to be. It certainly works, it's still an armored vehicle but still pretty sleek
    2020: the year of videogame delays.
    Reactions: DarkSlayerVergil
    Dark Drakan
    Dark Drakan
    I was REALLY looking forward to most of the ones that have been delayed but actually kind of glad I dont have to find any extra time to play them along with all my other backlog of games.
    Already almost a year since DMC5's release? Is it just me or did 2019 just fly by?
    Erian1Mortal
    Erian1Mortal
    We had 2019?
    All jokes aside... time flew by way to fast last year.
    AgentRedgrave
    AgentRedgrave
    After DMC5 came out, the rest of the year seemed to fly by
    Steve
    Steve
    Now that's cray.
    - Is it possible to learn this power?
    - Not from a Jedi.

My oh my, Rey.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lain
    Lain
    Lain
    To quoth Han Solo: "That's not how the Force works!" :laugh:
    Well, I see the Witcher show went for the same kind of slavic folk music vibe as The Witcher 3. Can't go wrong with mimicking the best soundtrack ever in gaming history.
    I mean, I'm liking the show so far, really liking it, but I knew they were gonna put black people in The Witcher (besides the already known Fringilla actress), and I knew it would produce quite the level of cringe. Sigh...
    Lain
    Lain
    Is it such a bad thing?
    Foxtrot94
    Foxtrot94
    It's just obnoxious that they wanna force the politically correct at all costs. They could have gone with black people where it fit, like the Zerrikanian warriors who are clearly inspired by African tribes even in the books but no, they HAD to squeeze a black guy or two even where it doesn't make any sense for the sake of forced diversity. Gets on my nerves is all.
    Look at his face in the very first 10 seconds, when Johnson was explaining the saber tossing scene to him. It says "What in the **** are you doing, Rian" without uttering a word.

I might despise Soulslike, but at least Sekiro is a proper videogame. Glad that a pseudomovie project didn't win GOTY. The G in that acronym is important.
    Finally saw The Last Jedi and look, I agree it was a terrible movie, but the way people blast Snoke's death while giving Palpatine's a pass rubs me the wrong way.
    Foxtrot94
    Foxtrot94
    See, I'd believe that the movie's problems aren't on Rian if he didn't go around repeatedly trying to stubbornly defend the glaring issues on social media and interviews. If it was all on Disney and he had a different vision that was suppressed, he wouldn't do that. He wouldn't defend decisions that were not his and that were forced on him. At most, he'd just stay silent. Not speak against or in favor.
    Foxtrot94
    Foxtrot94
    Judging by his behavior, the best you could say is that even if the vision for the film was that of the producers, the executives or whatever, then he certainly, wholeheartedly agrees with it and was happy to carry it on and realize it on the screen. Which you know, doesn't make him any better to my eyes.
    BrawlMan
    BrawlMan
    @Foxtrot94 Did not know about his Twitter. I stay off Twitter for a reason. Almost nothing but bulls#t drama on top of extra sh@t. I'll take that in to some consideration, but that won't change my opinion on the film.
    From the POV of someone who doesn't even care about superhero movies anymore, witnessing all these directors crapping on Marvel films is kind of amusing.
    Years and years of waiting for Half Life 3 and all we get is some VR crap. Gabe, what a troll. I'm actually beginning to think they really don't know the number 3 at Valve.
    Reactions: Dark Drakan
    Carlos
    Carlos
    To be fair, they said Alyx is a test. They want to learn from Alyx, before they work on a big project like Half-Life 3. I'd rather them get comfortable, than rushing to make HL3.
    I was excited about Jedi Fallen Order cause it gave me POP vibes, but all these comments about how much it plays like yet another cursed Soulslike turn me off. F#ck Dark Souls and all its clones, I hope it's not actually the case with this game.
    ef9dante_oSsshea
    ef9dante_oSsshea
    It has vague similarities in combat and other aspects, but it's not enough to make it a souls clone.The game has elements from tomb raider and other titles too , but it remains through to star wars roots and is a brilliant game.
    Dark Drakan
    Dark Drakan
    From what I heard it was mainly down to the death mechanics and using a 'camp' style system for respawning.
    DreadnoughtDT
    DreadnoughtDT
    I wonder if this is how people felt seeing FPS games come out after Doom. They called them "Doom Clones" just like people call games like this "Dark Souls Clones". And then one day, bam, it's a new genre. Interesting microcosm right there.
    Why implement cross play on an FPS? It's all kinds of wrong, PC players with mouse and keyboard are gonna stomp pad users. And for those who play from console, are they still gonna get aim assist to compensate? It's such an asinine decision, IMO.
    Jedi Fallen Order gives me a huge Prince of Persia vibe. I'm on board.
    V's patron
    V's patron
    Its the wall running isn't it? ;)
    Foxtrot94
    Foxtrot94
    That and the fact that it's being advertised as an action/adventure, mixing it up between puzzles and combat. The way they talk about the level design also reminds me of Warrior Within, in that it's not quite an open world, but more like a set of fairly linear sections that you can go back forth, areas previously sealed that become accessible as the story progresses etc.
    Erian1Mortal
    Erian1Mortal
    I'm still holding my breath on it till I see actual gameplay that isn't done by devs, since the demos they've shown aren't all that exciting to me. But I liked Force Unleashed, if it even has a bit of that then I might be in!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom