• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A year since we last met

Handsome Devil Sparda

Aw did I upset you because I don’t write like someone who has no life like you and has to explain it with a paragraph because you couldn’t comprehend someone else’s post? Boo hoo and look you still don’t understand, where did I say gold I said your premium lol what can’t tell the difference with color and words now? oh my gosh! no wonder you payed more because you are so embarrassed by your low intelligence, your hoping no one would notice lol

Lol
Guys, try to keep it civil please.

Thanks
Devil May cry is nothing but friendly banter if this guy doesn’t get it, he’s dumber then I thought he was, since he doesn’t even know how to comprehend my posts lol

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Lol

Devil May cry is nothing but friendly banter if this guy doesn’t get it he’s dumber then I thought he was since he doesn’t even know how to comprehend my posts lol
Here we have a slightly different standard. Slinging insults at one another is not "friendly banter" and I would appreciate you and anyone else wanting to be unpleasant in this fashion to think before posting. We run a tight ship here and everyone who joins us signs up to that ethos.

Thank you.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They could always add more references to a potential DMC3 remake. It could be playable content like Vergil's Downfall.

If they ever adapt DMC into a movie or tv series, they could spotlight it. It's just not enough content for a whole season of tv or even a whole movie. You'd have to add more content to flesh it out. Most Marvel and DC adaptations tend to mix different stories together. So it's not unheard of.

However it should lower on the totem pole. I would rather adapt the 1st light novel or the reboot instead of the manga. I just saw them as more interesting stories to explore.

Putting the 1st light novel before 3 means a bit more work for me to adapt it. It would be the same basic plot but it would be a different Dante going through that tower. It's the same thing with DmC Dante. It's more work but its more interesting to do.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
They could always add more references to a potential DMC3 remake. It could be playable content like Vergil's Downfall.

If they ever adapt DMC into a movie or tv series, they could spotlight it. It's just not enough content for a whole season of tv or even a whole movie. You'd have to add more content to flesh it out. Most Marvel and DC adaptations tend to mix different stories together. So it's not unheard of.

However it should lower on the totem pole. I would rather adapt the 1st light novel or the reboot instead of the manga. I just saw them as more interesting stories to explore.

Putting the 1st light novel before 3 means a bit more work for me to adapt it. It would be the same basic plot but it would be a different Dante going through that tower. It's the same thing with DmC Dante. It's more work but its more interesting to do.
F it. Elseworlds that ish. Why Capcom hasn't done that to milk parallel continuities or "true authorial intent" is beyond me. It's not like they give a damn about continuity anyway. Just make a series of What-Ifs.

"DMC3 but if Dante was more serious", "DMC3 but just Lady in it", "DMC1 but Dante loses and Mundus takes over" (Kamiya intended for DMC1 to be multiple scenarios, hence the "Future Dante" concept that became Human Sparda), "DMC1 but Sparda is the Count in the concept art and the mastermind of the plot", "DMC2 but Beryl didn't retire after the DMC Vol. 2 novel", "DMC2 but Dante was Vergil the whole time", "DMC1 Anime but Dante has an Actual Personality", etc.

Have it animated by Studio Bones and then... stick it all into Netflix.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Here we have a slightly different standard. Slinging insults at one another is not "friendly banter" and I would appreciate you and anyone else wanting to be unpleasant in this fashion to think before posting. We run a tight ship here and everyone who joins us signs up to that ethos.

Thank you.
Alright I’ll be the bigger man then ok?

172-1721375_gilver-devil-may-cry-5-nelo-angelo.png
How about a outside opinion, in fact a sequel/prequel DMC 1 Gilver Origin story game, according to Capcom they later retconned the revelation of Gilver's identity in the DMC1 novel by revealing that he was instead a prototype Angelo clone created by Mundus to eliminate the Sparda brothers and that his skills were based on the battle. This would be great because the player won’t know if they are Vergil or not unless their a fan, kinda like what they did with V, actually Gilver was supposed to be V but he was to strong and they wanted V to be weak, heck with that I want to be Gilver!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Densetsu no Makenshi
I prefer this V concept art over Gilver's original design.
D1vtHAXUYAANL3F.jpg

I'm cool with a Vergil prequel but I'm not into Gilver being a golem.

@Morgan your post reminds me of the What If? Series Marvel is gonna do for the MCU.

I'm curious about the multiple scenarios aspect of DMC1. Could you tell me more? Same with Sparda being the mastermind behind 1?

Dante and Vergil switching places is pretty popular so I'd just make the main hook and add in the others along the way.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yeah, that Marvel comparison is what I was going for.

As for the scenarios thing:

Devil May Cry The Graphic File (Graphic Edition):
  • Dante a few decades later, [Text] - "When the game was first developed, it was planned that the story would be on a grand scale that would not end with just one scenario, and that time would pass between each scenario. This image shows Dante a few decades later. This image depicts Dante's reappearance decades later, with more dignity and dandyism. This image is also the basis for the costume of the "The Legendary Swordsman Sparda" in the game."
  • Dante a few decades later (close-up) - "This is an image that recreates how Dante used to be crazy when he was young, but as he got older, he calmed down and dressed up in formal wear and fixed his hair. This was the perfect image of the Legendary Swordsman Sparda, so it was adopted as Sparda's costume. Sparda's name is taken from the Italian word for "sword", "Spada". However, the spelling was changed to "Sparda" to make it easier for Americans to pronounce during recording."
  • Count - "This is the character that was set as the mastermind when the game was first developed. He is the lord of the old castle where the game takes place, and has been waiting for Dante for hundreds of years. A strange fate brings them together. ...... Unfortunately, the character was rejected, but the development staff had always wanted to create such a "burly old man as the mastermind," and the strong image of the Count kept dragging on. In this sense, it could be said that the character was rejected as a prototype for the Demon Emperor Mundus."
  • Count (Close Up) [Text]- "He was the mastermind behind the world before it became a Demon World. The image is drawn in close-up, making it a very dignified image. There were various designs of costumes for the Count, and they were being compared and examined."
  • Count (Image) - "An image of the Count and his entourage strolling in the garden of the old castle where the story takes place. They look very suspicious. The Count is talking to his aides, saying that the garden is in disrepair. The Count, the mastermind behind the story, may have been designed to have a surprisingly meticulous personality."
  • Portrait "Count's Family" - "This image was supposed to be displayed in the hall of the old castle as an important clue to solve the mystery of Dante's birth. In the end, it was never used in the game. The Count sits by himself without any women seated. I wonder if the evil mastermind is somehow different from ordinary people after all."
The Future Dante concept where he cleans himself up and dresses classier was due to the scenario involving Dante losing to Mundus at the end of the second scenario (the first starting with a younger Dante, the second scenario being DMC1 Dante), then coming back later in the timeline with more refined abilities. Unfortunately the scenario was pared down to a one-and-done affair. Like the text says, the design was used for the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda, with the specific description of "a gentleman with silver hair brushed straight back and clad in an old-style long coat" (plus the use of twin handguns) confirmed as Sparda's design in the Devil May Cry Sound DVD Book - The Sacred Heart. Bonus: LDK Mode being explicitly called "Sparda Mode" in Japanese.

The Count as a "burly old man" was treated as a rejected prototype to Mundus, but there's clear concept art likening him more to Sparda, with the prototype Eva and twin children, then they did a worse version of it to put in DMC5, retconning the previous image of Sparda as a refined gentleman with slicked hair for no real reason.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Morgan Sparda as the villian is something they can reuse for a future game.

Same with the multiple scenarios aspect. You could have a game set in the same location but set years apart. That was my preferred way to do DMC4 or DmC. Dante grew up in Limbo or Fortuna. He leaves when he's young but comes back later to solve some unfinished business. Which can be a setup for a new story.

Last edited:

Handsome Devil Sparda

@Densetsu no Makenshi
I prefer this V concept art over Gilver's original design.
D1vtHAXUYAANL3F.jpg

I'm cool with a Vergil prequel but I'm not into Gilver being a golem.

@Morgan your post reminds me of the What If? Series Marvel is gonna do for the MCU.

I'm curious about the multiple scenarios aspect of DMC1. Could you tell me more? Same with Sparda being the mastermind behind 1?

Dante and Vergil switching places is pretty popular so I'd just make the main hook and add in the others along the way.
That’s a dead giveaway though that it’s looks just like Vergil and no Sparda as a Villain is dumb it’s like saying he left them on purpose de credited every thing he was noble, pure and heroic

Yeah, that Marvel comparison is what I was going for.

As for the scenarios thing:

Devil May Cry The Graphic File (Graphic Edition):
  • Dante a few decades later, [Text] - "When the game was first developed, it was planned that the story would be on a grand scale that would not end with just one scenario, and that time would pass between each scenario. This image shows Dante a few decades later. This image depicts Dante's reappearance decades later, with more dignity and dandyism. This image is also the basis for the costume of the "The Legendary Swordsman Sparda" in the game."
  • Dante a few decades later (close-up) - "This is an image that recreates how Dante used to be crazy when he was young, but as he got older, he calmed down and dressed up in formal wear and fixed his hair. This was the perfect image of the Legendary Swordsman Sparda, so it was adopted as Sparda's costume. Sparda's name is taken from the Italian word for "sword", "Spada". However, the spelling was changed to "Sparda" to make it easier for Americans to pronounce during recording."
  • Count - "This is the character that was set as the mastermind when the game was first developed. He is the lord of the old castle where the game takes place, and has been waiting for Dante for hundreds of years. A strange fate brings them together. ...... Unfortunately, the character was rejected, but the development staff had always wanted to create such a "burly old man as the mastermind," and the strong image of the Count kept dragging on. In this sense, it could be said that the character was rejected as a prototype for the Demon Emperor Mundus."
  • Count (Close Up) [Text]- "He was the mastermind behind the world before it became a Demon World. The image is drawn in close-up, making it a very dignified image. There were various designs of costumes for the Count, and they were being compared and examined."
  • Count (Image) - "An image of the Count and his entourage strolling in the garden of the old castle where the story takes place. They look very suspicious. The Count is talking to his aides, saying that the garden is in disrepair. The Count, the mastermind behind the story, may have been designed to have a surprisingly meticulous personality."
  • Portrait "Count's Family" - "This image was supposed to be displayed in the hall of the old castle as an important clue to solve the mystery of Dante's birth. In the end, it was never used in the game. The Count sits by himself without any women seated. I wonder if the evil mastermind is somehow different from ordinary people after all."
The Future Dante concept where he cleans himself up and dresses classier was due to the scenario involving Dante losing to Mundus at the end of the second scenario (the first starting with a younger Dante, the second scenario being DMC1 Dante), then coming back later in the timeline with more refined abilities. Unfortunately the scenario was pared down to a one-and-done affair. Like the text says, the design was used for the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda, with the specific description of "a gentleman with silver hair brushed straight back and clad in an old-style long coat" (plus the use of twin handguns) confirmed as Sparda's design in the Devil May Cry Sound DVD Book - The Sacred Heart. Bonus: LDK Mode being explicitly called "Sparda Mode" in Japanese.

The Count as a "burly old man" was treated as a rejected prototype to Mundus, but there's clear concept art likening him more to Sparda, with the prototype Eva and twin children, then they did a worse version of it to put in DMC5, retconning the previous image of Sparda as a refined gentleman with slicked hair for no real reason.
So is he a count or a king?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In 4, Lady describes Sparda as a feudal lord of the area. So I can see the confusion. The thing is Sparda being a feudal lord isn't the same thing as him being a king. Him being a feudal lord implies that he serves a king. Maybe he became the feudal lord as a gift from the king of the area? Fortuna could be a smaller part of a larger country and it broke off.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
In 4, Lady describes Sparda as a feudal lord of the area. So I can see the confusion. The thing is Sparda being a feudal lord isn't the same thing as him being a king. Him being a feudal lord implies that he serves a king. Maybe he became the feudal lord as a gift from the king of the area? Fortuna could be a smaller part of a larger country and it broke off.
Confusing? Words mean things. If Lady wanted to call Sparda a king, or that Fortuna worshipped him as king, she would have called him that, and Fortuna would've called him that. But she said he's a feudal lord that's worshipped in modern day as a god. Him being a feudal lord makes him a glorified noble and serving someone else. The term 'King' doesn't even show up in a Ctrl+F of the DMC4 or DMC1 scripts. Him reigning quietly over the human world as in DMC1's narration doesn't count as making him king either, because if he had a noticeable rank in the human world he wouldn't have fallen into myth and Dante would be a recognizable prince. Just because someone is making up their own canon to seem intelligent doesn't mean the script itself is confusing. I agree with you, but there's no need to pretend the text was ambiguous there.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Confusing? Words mean things. If Lady wanted to call Sparda a king, or that Fortuna worshipped him as king, she would have called him that, and Fortuna would've called him that. But she said he's a feudal lord that's worshipped in modern day as a god. Him being a feudal lord makes him a glorified noble and serving someone else. The term 'King' doesn't even show up in a Ctrl+F of the DMC4 or DMC1 scripts. Him reigning quietly over the human world as in DMC1's narration doesn't count as making him king either, because if he had a noticeable rank in the human world he wouldn't have fallen into myth and Dante would be a recognizable prince. Just because someone is making up their own canon to seem intelligent doesn't mean the script itself is confusing. I agree with you, but there's no need to pretend the text was ambiguous there.
Feudal Lords". They, in their respective "fiefs", were all powerful and acted as petty kings.

What is another word for feudal lord?
liegemaster
chieftainoverlord
“seigneur”sovereign
superiorsuzerain
chieflord

Exactly, facts stop being petty and making yourself look stupid, looks like your premium is getting to your head again lol

This from a fellow forum user
4)"He's not a Demon King anymore."
Forgivable mistake, but still wrong.
It is not stated in the main campaign but is said in The Chronicles of Vergil, that Sparda is indeed a demon king.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Feudal Lords". They, in their respective "fiefs", were all powerful and acted as petty kings.

What is another word for feudal lord?
liegemaster
chieftainoverlord
“seigneur”sovereign
superiorsuzerain
chieflord

Exactly, facts stop being petty and making yourself look stupid, looks like your premium is getting to your head again lol

This from a fellow forum user
4)"He's not a Demon King anymore."
Forgivable mistake, but still wrong.
It is not stated in the main campaign but is said in The Chronicles of Vergil, that Sparda is indeed a demon king.
And Chronicles Of Vergil is a prequel comic to DmC. So it's set in DmC's timeline. Not the main series

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Looking through all these materials Morgan provided, it's a shame such interesting ideas got scrapped in the end.

Especially the concept of demons being able to take human form. Other than Sparda we didn't really get to see much of that (not counting DmC) and it might have been interesting to see Mundus do the whole "mastermind" shtick by acting as a human prisoner of the island who tricks Dante into unsealing his powers and enabling him to regain his demonic form. :unsure:

Handsome Devil Sparda

And Chronicles Of Vergil is a prequel comic to DmC. So it's set in DmC's timeline. Not the main series
Aw but yet themes have been copied into Devil May Cry V as I said in previous posts

Looking through all these materials Morgan provided, it's a shame such interesting ideas got scrapped in the end.

Especially the concept of demons being able to take human form. Other than Sparda we didn't really get to see much of that (not counting DmC) and it might have been interesting to see Mundus do the whole "mastermind" shtick by acting as a human prisoner of the island who tricks Dante into unsealing his powers and enabling him to regain his demonic form. :unsure:
Ya but then we wouldn’t get it in DMC 3 but according to pinnacle of Combat Dante already could use it

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

The DMC Anime is a big part of the "not much of that". Dante, Lady, and Trish could magically tell when a demon was wearing a human skin, except it was selective. Dante didn't think Brad was a demon in Episode 3 until he confessed, and he couldn't tell King was the woman who hired him in that poker episode. Lady didn't know the priest that sent her after Trish was a demon until he revealed himself. Dante didn't do a single thing against Sid and he was shady from day one and acting like a bootleg Arkham. Like the writers vaguely registered Dante clocking Trish as a demon within a minute of DMC1's prologue cutscene but then forgot to be consistent and didn't bother to explain the mechanics of why demons choose human forms as opposed to disguising themselves as, IDK, a dog or something. And there's no limit to it; demons can just do that whenever they want.

There would be a really good body-snatching plot in there where a crafty demon king sends his army to stealthily replace the human population to the point it can't be solved by just killing really obvious targets. Dante doesn't shoot "humans" or "people not proven to be demons", and he's not very proactive about much, so that's a weakness waiting to be exploited.

Mundus acting as a human prisoner would be interesting, though. I like that.

Aw but yet themes have been copied into Devil May Cry V as I said in previous posts
Things from the reboot being applied to Devil May Cry V has nothing to do with DMCs 4 and 1 and doesn't mean it retroactively applies to any of the DMCs in classic continuity because they were never made with the reboot in mind. Stop applying them like it does, and stop your obsession with my Premium status. You sound jealous and need serious help for that You problem.

Top Bottom