• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Dark Drakan

Admin
I love the Dragon Ball series.But what I don't like is how the series is getting milked to the point of ridiculousness nowadays.Like for example,are you aware that there is a special about Bardock going back in time from Frieza's giant ball of energy (that's right,he didn't die from that) and fighting Frieza's ancestor who is known as (I can't believe they actually named him this but...) Chilled.

Hadnt heard of that until you said but I looked it up and it was apparently merely a spin off based on the Japanese only arcade video game known as Dragon Ball Heroes and was written by Ooishi Naho though the original concept of the character Chilled was designed by Akira Toriyama. Dont think it would have been added to the DB Canon officially.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Hadnt heard of that until you said but I looked it up and it was apparently merely a spin off based on the Japanese only arcade video game known as Dragon Ball Heroes and was written by Ooishi Naho though the original concept of the character Chilled was designed by Akira Toriyama. Dont think it would have been added to the DB Canon officially.
I sure as hell hope it wasn't canon.The fact that....that....thing....is Frieza's ancestor is just.....ugh....
296px-Chilled_by_db_own_universe_arts-d4jmi7h.png

Dark Drakan

Admin
I sure as hell hope it wasn't canon.The fact that....that....thing....is Frieza's ancestor is just.....ugh....
296px-Chilled_by_db_own_universe_arts-d4jmi7h.png

Seem as though it was never shown outside Japan and is based on a Japanese exclusive game I dont think it will see the light of day anywhere else, I hope. :lol:

Satsui no Hado

Seem as though it was never shown outside Japan and is based on a Japanese exclusive game I dont think it will see the light of day anywhere else, I hope. :lol:
Yeah....I wouldn't mind playing as Chilled in a future DBZ game though,the concept of a midget Frieza sounds funny.Also,this isn't the worse extra thing Dragon Ball Z made.Have you guys met Vegeta's brother Tarble along with his wife Gure below?
tumblr_libknom2Tk1qftzpv.jpg

(Seriously,that thing next to him is his wife,wtf.....)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah....I wouldn't mind playing as Chilled in a future DBZ game though,the concept of a midget Frieza sounds funny.Also,this isn't the worse extra thing Dragon Ball Z made.Have you guys met Vegeta's brother Tarble along with his wife Gure below?
tumblr_libknom2Tk1qftzpv.jpg

(Seriously,that thing next to him is his wife,wtf.....)

My god... I knew about Tarble but that other monstrosity is an absolute joke.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just finished drawing DBZ chibis... they're not coloured (phase one as i call it)... they're in my art thread... if anyone wants a look... ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ehh I think the problem with GT was that it should have been someone else's story rather than goku's.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ehh I think the problem with GT was that it should have been someone else's story rather than goku's.

I just didnt like how they turned him into a child again and a lot of the story content (mainly Black Star Dragon Balls saga) seemed very childish too.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
DBZ is a great original series, and I truly wish they continued it instead of remaking it...

Graaa! TAKE THIS DBZ HATERS!!!
tumblr_lm1d69siWE1qb7s2q.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why do folks dislike DBGT?

• Short badly written sagas (Super 17 lasted 7 episodes)
  • Ruined a lot of characters (giving Vegeta a moustache and cutting his hair & turning Goku into a child again)
  • Introduced some irritating characters (Pan for one)
  • Inventing new super saiyan forms which almost instantly made SSJ3 useless
  • Totally discredited Cell from DBZ by trying to make out 17 was the more superior
  • Made Uub useless too when he had promise at end of DBZ

Satsui no Hado

So,on this note,who's everyone's favorite DB series character.Mine would have to be Piccolo,I just wish they didn't have to ruin him in the Buu Saga and GT.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
  • Ruined a lot of characters (giving Vegeta a moustache and cutting his hair & turning Goku into a child again)
  • Totally discredited Cell from DBZ by trying to make out 17 was the more superior

Huh? I can't find a suitable reason to disagree with you.
Well played sir.

Satsui no Hado

Oh and don't forget them making Frieza and Cell look like sh*t when they fought Goku in GT yet in Z,they were some of the best villains ever in anime.And also,pointlessly bringing back Emperor Pilaf from the original Dragon Ball only for the first episode just for plot convenience.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
All these decent to good reasons for not liking DBGT...
*Finds DBGT Complete Series Box Set and holds in arms as if it were a baby*
I still love you DBGT...
Lol :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh and don't forget them making Frieza and Cell look like sh*t when they fought Goku in GT yet in Z,they were some of the best villains ever in anime.And also,pointlessly bringing back Emperor Pilaf from the original Dragon Ball only for the first episode just for plot convenience.

I totally forgot about that, that was a huge annoyance too so yes you can add that to the list.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I thought Dragon Ball was the story of Goku, so why remake that?
tumblr_lig2qcCt3j1qgfevpo1_400.gif

Goku: DragonBall is better!
Trunks: No, GT is better!

Top Bottom