• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I was re-reading Toyble's Fan Manga Dragon Ball AF and oh my God so many ideas are now Official. In the Fan Manga "seven Saiyans and their light is needed," Broly is present, Xicor and Western Supreme Kai act as a Goku Black/Zamasu combo and more info is given about the Dragon Balls. Sound familiar? Oh and "Toyble" and "Toyotaro" are the same person. (Unconfirmed but not denied)

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
So I was re-reading Toyble's Fan Manga Dragon Ball AF and oh my God so many ideas are now Official. In the Fan Manga "seven Saiyans and their light is needed," Broly is present, Xicor and Western Supreme Kai act as a Goku Black/Zamasu combo and more info is given about the Dragon Balls. Sound familiar? Oh and "Toyble" and "Toyotaro" are the same person. (Unconfirmed but not denied)

That's what happens when a Fan ascends to Official Person; "the inmates are running the asylum" so to speak.

Toyble and Toyotaro are confirmed to be the same person, thanks to this special page Toyble published in Dragon Ball AF Bonus: Ultra DB

ToybleLastAFPage.png

The page itself is Syn Shenron/Yi Xing Long saying that Goku can't be brought back to life because "he" is very busy. "He" refers to Toyble, and Syn/Yi says that Toyble "governs their world based on his mood". Goku and Paikuhan/Pikkon are shocked, and hope that "he" will soon recover from his commitments. There's also mention of a "card battle".

The final panel right there is a silhouette of Beat from Dragonball Heroes (the card battle game that Syn refers to), with a message from Toyble saying, (credit to Herms for the translation):

…So, due to a variety of circumstances, I have been unable to continue drawing Dragon Ball AF.
But it’s a work I feel an attachment to, since I did get my start writing with it, and all.
No matter how many years it takes, I intend to keep writing.
I hope you’ll find it in your hearts to look on it fondly.

So there. A silhouette from a DBHeroes character, Toyble saying he's bowing out of AF for the time being, and then Toyotaro publishes the Dragonball Heroes: Victory Mission manga before going on to Dragonball Super. Toyble is Toyotaro. Straight from the man himself, but not in the "I Am Your Father" Darth Vader reveal way.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I bought and read "That Time I Was Reincarnated As Yamcha" - a short gag series about a DB fan who (you guessed it) dies and reincarnates as the lovable punching bag Yamcha. But he's determined to avoid his fate and become the strongest fighter ever and win Bulma's heart!

A pretty entertaining read. Would recommend to anyone who wants a good laugh. Though one thing that bugged me was the usage of JPN names like "Kuririn" and "Kame-Senin" which was very distracting and seemed counterintuitive since surely most people reading this will have come from the anime.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
While those names may be jarring to those coming from the Anime, those who read the Manga will not be thrown off. Though, personally I've always hated "Kame-Senin;" just use "Turtle Hermit/Sage" Viz.

@Morgan Well okay then, there it is. I would love for Toyotaro/Toyable to revive this Manga or Xicor. Xicor (alongside SS5) were the only things from AF that I actually liked and would gladly accept into canon. Buy then again, I place Death Battle's Son Goku VS Superman 1 & 2 into DB canon so what do I know? :bored:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
While those names may be jarring to those coming from the Anime, those who read the Manga will not be thrown off. Though, personally I've always hated "Kame-Senin;" just use "Turtle Hermit/Sage" Viz.
Viz have always been weird when it comes to localisation, not just in DB, my main point of contention was when they translated Bardock's name as "Burdock" in DB Minus despite Japan using "Bardock" themselves in prior material. :mad:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Then I won't spoil the movie for ya. @Lain

But I will discuss the Super DB Heroes Anime and Xenoverse 2 stuff. Lately folks have been going on and on about Shintani's new look for Dragon Ball. (Look at the New Broly movie for examples) They say things like "Shintani saved the serie's look and don't bring Yamamuro back." Yet I love Yamamuro's colorful, on-model, and traditional drawing style. His art has been the "face" of the show's look for years and I for one like it.
In other news, Xenoverse 2 and FighterZs are getting a live stream with its directors come mid Jan. and folks think it might be DLC 9 (for VX2) and Season 2 DLC for FighterZ. I'll buy another DLC for XV2. Here's hoping Master Roshi and Cumber come to XV2.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Got back from watching the Broly movie. I found it satisfying, reused a few fun beats from the previous movies they were using to promote it (movie 12 especially) and the soundtrack deserves a second listen. Also, Bardock is still a badass. I don't know what people were worried about.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, they've announced a brand new DBZ Action RPG that appears to take you once again through the DBZ story but this time in an action esque game it seems.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So, they've announced a brand new DBZ Action RPG that appears to take you once again through the DBZ story but this time in an action esque game it seems.

Been asking for a decent DBZ RPG for many years and hope this is a step in that right direction for it. They could make a HUGE RPG with the story from DB through to DB Super and the movies but seems that this title will concentrate on a portion of the earlier sagas only from that trailer.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
You gotta be joking me, they're adding another version of Goku as DLC for Fighterz!? :vomit:

DarkSlayerVergil

You gotta be joking me, they're adding another version of Goku as DLC for Fighterz!? :vomit:

They added the best Goku imho, I can let slide.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
GT Goku is a wonderful edition to FighterZ's. I think if the game added another Vegeta then nobody would be complaining. Lately it seems fans and casuals are up Vegeta's butt while hating on Son Goku. Son Goku is the best character and we all know it.
Also SS God Vegeta is coming to Xenoverse 2 as DLC, funny; everyone is okay with that one I wonder why...
I enjoy Super Dragon Ball Heroes (anime) and World Mission that released on Switch is actually really fun when you get the hang of it. Overall I'd say Dragon Ball is in a good place.
I hope that other than SDBH another anime does not air. Why? Because I don't have enough shelf space for my DB DVDs.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
GT Goku is a wonderful edition to FighterZ's. I think if the game added another Vegeta then nobody would be complaining. Lately it seems fans and casuals are up Vegeta's butt while hating on Son Goku. Son Goku is the best character and we all know it.
Also SS God Vegeta is coming to Xenoverse 2 as DLC, funny; everyone is okay with that one I wonder why...
I enjoy Super Dragon Ball Heroes (anime) and World Mission that released on Switch is actually really fun when you get the hang of it. Overall I'd say Dragon Ball is in a good place.
I hope that other than SDBH another anime does not air. Why? Because I don't have enough shelf space for my DB DVDs.
I love dbgt, I hope they add more character from gt, I really hope they add gt vegeta, I wanted him playble for my entire life but never had it in any game, I know that he is playable in dragon ball infinite world but I never had the chance to play it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom