• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An update for the upcoming DMC animated series

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Sweet.
e28.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Meg

When it comes to Netflix adaptations, best to approach each one like a fan of the New York Jets: zero expectations it will be better than terrible. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

(Maybe It’ll be good??)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Good or bad, atleast it will give us something new to talk about.

It might even reignite interest...and increase forum traffic ;).

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Good or bad, atleast it will give us something new to talk about.

It might even reignite interest...and increase forum traffic ;).
The monkey's paw curls, and this anime turns to absolute dogdoodoo with the writing. Again, Dante is so OP it's boring, the episodes have no cohesion, but this somehow works as an entry point into the series to attract newbies who think this Dante is the definitive version even though he's unlike whatever his newest portrayal is in the games, bonus if it's edgy trash.

Hunheimbrii

I have a tinge of hope. I enjoyed the Castlevania anime a lot and if the script manages to get picked up it could be interesting. Just wondering how much creative freedom Shankar is being given for the writing.

windleopard

I wonder what voice actors they'll use. Hopefully, ones with a lot of experience in voice work.

The monkey's paw curls, and this anime turns to absolute dogdoodoo with the writing. Again, Dante is so OP it's boring, the episodes have no cohesion, but this somehow works as an entry point into the series to attract newbies who think this Dante is the definitive version even though he's unlike whatever his newest portrayal is in the games, bonus if it's edgy trash.
I'd say the episodes of the anime were simply stand alone not lacking in cohesion.

It's flawed, very flawed, but for a video game anime from the 2000s, I think it could have turned out much, much worse.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping for a fresh take on the series. So that's a risk I'll have to take bruv.

But who knows, it could be good. They might finally get me to like Nero.

Stranger things have happened. ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain The pun/reference wasn't intended...lol

Nice one.

@windleopard @Morgan
My big problem with the last anime was the lack of good characterization. Everybody was pretty meh even my girl Lady. So as long as they do better on that front, I'll be open to it..

An interesting villian and a good plot would also help.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'd say the episodes of the anime were simply stand alone not lacking in cohesion.

It's flawed, very flawed, but for a video game anime from the 2000s, I think it could have turned out much, much worse.
No, I know what I said and I meant it. It lacked cohesion. If it were just stand alone monster-of-the-week episodes they would've ideally put in more work into the individual episodes instead of wasting the characters in them with barely any action from a studio known for its action scenes. If they wanted an overarching plot from the start then it shouldn't have been the generic take-over-the-world plot from Sid acting like a bootleg Arkham. He should've gotten killed on sight and instead Dante's Plot Induced Stupidity let this guy collect pieces of unrelated demons to open a gate in episode 11 to "a demon that could rival Mundus", and no part of that makes sense: Abigail has Mundus-level power but could be sealed by a random sorcerer we've never heard of; the barrier is so potent it works better than any hellgate we've seen in the games; did the demons not know they had pieces of the barrier seal in them?; what makes them the pieces Sid needs for the seal and not some other demons?; Dante gets overpowered and impaled by Abigail and it's presented as such a big deal that Patty needs to go down and personally un-impale him because he's knocked out, then one episode later he can survive impalements from Abigail and one-second DTs him? Pick a topic, it won't make sense.

As it is, the episodes on their own sucked, and the overarching narrative that kicked in in the penultimate episode with only brief bits of foreshadowing two or three other times also sucked. There's a reason I tell people only a third of the series is worth watching.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Another update.

TLDR version-
The first season is 8 episodes long.
There is a multiple season arc.
Dante, Vergil, and Lady are confirmed.
Chris Patt isn't voicing anyone. ;).

Top Bottom