• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else disappointed by vergil's SDT?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
from all I've seen it functionally seems like it's just a regular Dt gameplay wise, not only does it not change your loveseat, only adding to it which could be seen as a bonus to some it is st doesn't feel as big or imposing as Dante's. In cutscenes it looks fine but it looks kinda same like it's the same as always with a few new bells and whistles. Am I wrong? I haven't actually played it for myself yet

GinDan

Vergil SDT is better than Dante i play with SDT Vergil i loved
Dante sdt Dante suck is limited and have no damage like vergil

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, absolutely. Out of all the playable Vergil renditions this one is my least favorite just because of the implications of what doing what they did means.
The way they overhauled his DT's is somewhat lackluster. Almost like they animated a few more movements from the main game, recreated the weapons and movesets from the pervious SE's and left it at that. So little of this rendition of Vergil is new that it's almost nothing. Since they didn't even add a standard DT and went for the Dpplngr and SDT (which is so close to being STD it comes off as rather tragic) it left me with the impression that they didn't want to bother with the creation of a new asset. By eliminating the standard DT you don't have to recreate 3 new DT designs so, why bother?
With DmC they had an entire campaign for Vergil, of his own. Once you go there there is no going back. If the previous game does more than the sequel, which, by the way, is the most successful DMC game to date, it's a notable step back.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
**** no. Vergil's SDT is absolutely ballistic when it comes to the power feeling, and as much as I would have found it hard to believe before, it kinda dwarfs even Dante's. Dante's big screen clear move looks awesome but drains his meter entirely, Vergil gets to be able to combo 3 of them one after the other if he wants to for INSANE damage even on DMD.
Also he gets to not consume his gauge for a few seconds after transforming which basically gives him a less restricted version of Dante's Quadriple S, with all the combo extensions implications that entails.

Mechanically and technically speaking Vergil's SDT is a blast to use. Figuratively and literally. This rendition of Vergil is the most complex and most fun out of all of them, easily. If only they had done away with the damn sword embed mechanic... My one big pet peeve, from DmC to DMC4 to this one.

Jack500

If only they had done away with the damn sword embed mechanic... My one big pet peeve, from DmC to DMC4 to this one.
The whole only being able to teleport too sword embed enemies thing is from DMC 4 (And to a lesser degree DMC 3) In DmC you could freely teleport in any direction. The sword embed mechanic was used for demon pull and angel lift.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The whole only being able to teleport too sword embed enemies thing is from DMC 4 (And to a lesser degree DMC 3) In DmC you could freely teleport in any direction. The sword embed mechanic was used for demon pull and angel lift.
That's a mechanic that was introduced in DmC, you had your dodges be teleports, that's correct, but teleporting to enemies needed an embeded sword.
Vergil in 3 used trickster like mechanics. whereas 4 was closer to DmC Vergil, and 5 followed suit in that regard, though he had more freedom of teleport dodges as well.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Nope, personally I was pretty happy with the set-up. Also if you check the numbers in the void. Vergil's ultimates (Like Judgement Cut: End) in SDT actually do more damage then any of SDT Dante's attacks. Plus, as long as SDT is active and the cocentraction gauge is up, you can spam them

Top Bottom