• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Argosax Vs Mundus?

Argosax Vs Mundus

• Argosax

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Mundus

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Who do you think will win? Vote and tell why in the thread! And Agrosax's form will be the Despair Disembodied

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Eh I think Mundus. Wasn't Argosax the previous Demon King? So if Mundus dethroned him, he's gotta be stronger.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That form is a lot more powerful , maybe more powerful than mundus and yet dante one shotted it like it was nothing lol

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well Mundus is called the "Prince Of Darkness" but Argosax is the King? So who could win?

Well I don't care what they're called. LOL names don't win fights, right?

All I know is that Mundus dethroned Argosax so we have a basis to say Mundus would win, but nothing to back up the opposite, to my knowledge.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it's less complicated than all that. Whose ass was it harder to kick, Mundus, the demon king, or Argosax's hermaphroditic form?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think it's less complicated than all that. Whose ass was it harder to kick, Mundus, the demon king, or Argosax's hermaphroditic form?

Well that's not really how one should reason, I think. I mean, not only is that tied to gameplay elements, but also, story wise, Dante in DMC1 was at a different power level than in DMC2.

We should know how DMC1 Dante would fare against Argosax, or how DMC2 Dante would fare against Mundus.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC2 dante would beat mundus without Sparda sword or it's power as for the former I think DMC1 dante would beat argosax too

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
DMC2 Dante massacres anyone honestly. But Mundus definitely beats argosax. Dante would have been killed against mundus if trish hadnt givem him her power. It could just be Dante getting much better between games but he pretty much OHKO'd Argosax.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Argosax was the previous ruler of the demon world prior to Mundus' usurp to power and Argo's banishment to the outlands of the demon world.

Now obviously we could argue that Mundus is stronger because he defeated Argosax, but since he didn't actually kill him, it's most likely that he wasn't able to for whatever reason.
(If he destroyed his physical form, it's possible that Mundus didn't have enough power to completely and utterly destroy him)

At the same time, as others have said before I, though Dante was easily able to defeat and/or "kill" Argosax in DMC2, that's mostly not only because of the difference in difficulty level between the first and second games, but also the fact that Dante was much, much stronger in DMC2, possibly even more powerful than Mundus and even Sparda and therefore able to defeat Argosax easily.

So, to me, it could go either way honestly.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I have my own theory, what if there isn't one king of hell, instead there are several ones. and mundus is just one of them, just as Argosax. So maybe their power was about equal (besides Argosax was trapped in hell, while mundus in real world.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I have my own theory, what if there isn't one king of hell, instead there are several ones. and mundus is just one of them, just as Argosax. So maybe their power was about equal (besides Argosax was trapped in hell, while mundus in real world.

The only two problems with that are:
A) Mundus is the demon emperor and ruler of the entire demon world.
B) Mundus was trapped in hell, not the human world.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The only two problems with that are:
A) Mundus is the demon emperor and ruler of the entire demon world.
B) Mundus was trapped in hell, not the human world.
A) While it sounds weird, there was no implication that all demons in DMC served mundus. Also even those who were, did become parts of Argosax (Phantom, Griffin)
B) Not sure t which extent, considering he was bound to human world location (Mallet Island)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Anthony: Please don't double post.

Mundus would win, in my opinion. He's basically the main antagonist of DMC, therefore I'd assume he is for a reason.

Although Mundus is the demon emperor and yes he was sealed away in the demon world, @Innsmouth does still have a point - Hell/Demon World/Underworld (call it what you will) appears to be split up and divided into many sub-worlds. These are basically dimensions where demons of all different varieties exist. And whereas Mundus may rule as supreme master, his power probably doesn't stretch out across each and every demonic realm.

Berial is the perfect example to explain this idea. He's the 'conqueror' of the Fire Hell (Now we have no idea as to what extent is applied here) but I'd assume that either there is a specific realm within Hell which consists of fire demons. Either that or he was implying that he is the conqueror of some particular part of the Underworld. He perhaps gave himself this title because of his strength. This doesn't mean anything though, because this is all just an assumption. But going on this basis, there's no real evidence to claim that Mundus has full power over all demons or that his power/presence reaches across all demonic realms where his rule is supremely dominant. There will always be demons who can probably rise in power themselves, much like Sparda once did. And go against Mundus and oppose his 'rule'.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth: King-Sess is talking about Berial, the first boss of Devil May Cry 4.

Either way, son or not, I still think Hell is divided. But that isn't the point here, so I do apologize.

Top Bottom