• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Keaton

Premium
Various Members said:
What are some things that you really love? And how about really hate while we're at it.

Things I love, wow, well...not to sound too cheesy but my dear Girlfriend. Family (ish) and Pets too. Otherwise, I have a pure love for video games, grown up on them and enjoy them immensely. Good films too, I like films that aren't just a mash up of boobs, sex jokes and pranks, I actually prefer depth to movies these days.

What I hate, well, I dislike tinned tuna and can-don't attitude lol

What is the SINGLE most embarrassing thing you have done to date.

Wow, uhh, I really don't know. I know I've embarrassed myself a thousand times, but I am really struggling to remember what! Sorry ^_^

Also, can the regular members have an ask thread too? That would be dazzling. We could take turns and switch whoever gets asked stuff every five days or something.

Ofcourse you can make a thread, I'd put it in Bloody Palace though ^_^ If it's popular we'll Sticky it at a later date ^^

When you ban someone, do you ban their IP address at the same time, or can they re-sign to the forum under a different name?

Mr. Credo answered this perfectly!
Most bans are done though a temp or permanent basis, we reserve the IP bans for repeat offenders or REALLY persistent spam bots. ^^

Can I apply to become a moderator please?

Moderators are selected when we need more staff, everyone is considered. But, we don't currently need any more staff, so watch this space. But, if you or anyone check the rules you'll find: "Do not ask to become staff. I'm super serious. The best way to completely screw yourself out of becoming part of the team is to PM a current member of staff and ask. Personally, I won't even respond to your PM."

Okie Dokie ^_^

Okay, question for the staff - do you have a favourite member (who is not part of the staff)? Not asking for any names since I think other members might feel a bit hurt if it's not them, but I was curious whether you guys have a favourite or not?

I don't really have one, I have many friends here and that’s just it ^_^ There are people here who make me laugh and that’s what counts -- but, I'm pretty fair, I treat everyone equally, whether your my BFF or forum rival ^_^

Which member of the forums could you see taking over the world?

Angelo Credo. But, he can have this measly planet, I've got my sights on Cosmos!! XD

Do you think you have biased opinions when it comes to characters/games/anything in particular?

I like what I like. And if it comes down to what I would like to see in a game, then yeah, I'll be biased. But, as far as in-game info goes, I'll always be factual > sceptical. ^_^

@Angelo Credo: Win or Fail...uhhh, I hope for you that it was a win moment ^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL...I read the forum rules, I was really just kidding about the mod thing. :lol:

@Dani: my bad, I've been having duh moments lately.

@The Staff: who came up with the current ranks? AND what rank does a member obtain when they reach the 10 000 posts mark? The highest rank currently is Son of Sparda - so what's the next level up?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Henorrhage;266959 said:
Anyways, what's the answer to life?
Favorite number?
Favorite candy?
What celebrity do you hate most?
Love the most?
And favorite and least favorite books?
Answer to life is OM NOM NOM!
Favourite number (as of, erm, now) 16
Favourite candy is a nice packet of flying saucers
I don't hate any celebrities - I'm also not up to date with celebdom as I don't have TV and only use the internet for certain things.
Don't love any celebrities either :)
Favourite books? Impossible to answer. Books are my all-time most favourite thing ever...
HOWEVER - the Sword of Shannara series is so unbearably crappy. I was sooo disappointed by it. Also the tat that gets published usually involving pointless sex scenes which make no sense (case in point, a book called Erebus where people basically mutate into sort-of vampires. The lead couple just have random sex, regardless of what's just happened or about to happen. I think there's one scene where the guy gets shot and mangles his arm. Cue sex scene. Ridiculous...

Vergil'sB*tch;266975 said:
If you could be any video game character... who would you be?

Biggest Phobia?

Ideal job (if you could do ANYTHING)
Any video game character....hmm...probably my Oblivion save file :D

Biggest phobia is being stuck in a room full of VERY angry wasps.

Ideal job is to be a singer - was going to be a reality a few years ago but I had kids instead.

Vergil'sB*tch;266994 said:
I'd love to know what all staff members phobia's are.

HQQR - Solid;267257 said:
To all staff:

What is the SINGLE most embarrassing thing you have done to date.
Wow - so many. The one I can remember off the top of my head involves alcohol, a field, needing the bathroom BADLY and floodlights at the WRONG moment. I leave the rest up to you.
Vergil'sB*tch;267333 said:
There is a question i would like to ask.

When you ban someone, do you ban their IP address at the same time, or can they re-sign to the forum under a different name?

Thanks
Depends on the ban and the one doing the banning. For me, spammers are automatically listed under the anti-spam directory and everything is erased that they have done. For members, it depends on the circumstances. The rules are clear about making new accounts and unless we are contacted beforehand, we do not tolerate new accounts being made. IP addresses are banned when we think it is necessary, as well as email addresses - of course, proxies can be made of both of these but it takes longer to faff about doing all that than it does for us to ban them.

Chloe_Ryder;267415 said:
Okay, question for the staff - do you have a favourite member (who is not part of the staff)? Not asking for any names since I think other members might feel a bit hurt if it's not them, but I was curious whether you guys have a favourite or not?
Snowbell, obviously.
meg127;267422 said:
Which member of the forums could you see taking over the world?
Chloe Ryder - honest to goodness, I reckon she'd manage it :lol:
DreadnoughtDT;267425 said:
Do you think you have biased opinions when it comes to characters/games/anything in particular?
Oh, definitely. But at least I realise it - some people refuse to accept that total objectivity is actually almost impossible to achieve as we all form opinions on something in some way, however slight. Depending on the subject, I have incredibly strong stances bordering on bloody-mindedness :lol:
Chloe_Ryder;267560 said:
@The Staff: who came up with the current ranks? AND what rank does a member obtain when they reach the 10 000 posts mark? The highest rank currently is Son of Sparda - so what's the next level up?
Steve came up with a lot of the stuff - he also made a thread to ask members what they thought should be included. I honestly cannot remember what the highest rank is.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Keaton;267559 said:
Angelo Credo. But, he can have this measly planet, I've got my sights on Cosmos!! XD

Oh it's so on. :lol:

Keaton said:
@Angelo Credo: Win or Fail...uhhh, I hope for you that it was a win moment ^_^

I'd call it a fail, largely because that event was promptley followed by a very swift and surprisingly powerful kick to the face. >_<

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
@Staff - Do you guys think I'm cooool? XD NO, jk. Anyway, heyyo...who came up with the scrolling thingy for the signatures, because seriously, that's cool >->...thanks and appreciation towards whoever did it XD

Keaton

Premium
BlueDevil;267576 said:
@Staff - Do you guys think I'm cooool? XD NO, jk. Anyway, heyyo...who came up with the scrolling thingy for the signatures, because seriously, that's cool >->...thanks and appreciation towards whoever did it XD

That would be for Steve, and it's to keep the signatures small and compact for easy browsing ^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
To the mods:
When were you first assigned to become a moderator, and why?

I'm really just curious about the staff. ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So, staff members... Have you ever blown something up in the microwave on purpose? XD I have on numerous occasions, ranging from ping pong balls to compressed air. (it was for a science project, and the microwave was near junk anyway. :p)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Chloe_Ryder;267725 said:
To the mods:

Sheer nepotism :D

Steve said I could if I wanted to and so I, being the power-mad evil genius that I am, said yes. And I don't even like DMC, let alone play it :lol:

DreadnoughtDT;267798 said:
So, staff members... Have you ever blown something up in the microwave on purpose? XD I have on numerous occasions, ranging from ping pong balls to compressed air. (it was for a science project, and the microwave was near junk anyway. :p)
I've blown up stuff on purpose, yeah. And it wasn't for science, it was just because I wanted to :lol:

The best one was my Barbie...basically, she was captured by one of my Lego men and put in his secret lab (the kitchen). Action Man didn't arrive in time to rescue her so Barbie got her head melted. Shame...:p

Keaton

Premium
Chloe_Ryder said:

Uhh, a while now. Actually, it was "06-30-2008, 09:41 AM", HEREs the News Post. It was, and still is a fantastic honour to be part of this Staff Team and this community.

DreadnoughtDT said:
ave you ever blown something up in the microwave on purpose? XD I have on numerous occasions, ranging from ping pong balls to compressed air.

Popcorn. I had a bag of Microwave popcorn, I put in in upside down (so the air couldn't escape) and the bag exploded in the Microwave. It was an accident. ^_^
But one that I hope to repeat. ^_^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Chloe_Ryder;267725 said:
To the mods:

Just over a year ago now, 13th of March, 2009.
I remember that because I still have the messages Dark Drakan sent me regarding it. :lol:
I was picked because I showed an active interest in helping members of the community, I showed a modicum of respect to my fellow forum members and I helped people to settle arguments.

Much as Steve said, it was an honour, and still is an honour to be a part of the staff here.

DreadnoughtDT;267798 said:

Well...Naturally? Hasn't everyone? :lol:
I picked up a trashed microwave from a charity shop and loaded it full of lightbulbs, all that fun stuff, then turned it on and ran like hell.

Hoo-boy did that make a nice bang.

Meg

Angel;267810 said:
The best one was my Barbie...basically, she was captured by one of my Lego men and put in his secret lab (the kitchen). Action Man didn't arrive in time to rescue her so Barbie got her head melted. Shame...:p

Can I just say that that is freakin' awesome! I hate Barbies. :dry: Although I never melted any they all wound up head first in the couch at some point. Hey, Buzz had to save someone. :lol:

On that note: What were some of your childhood games and memories? (This is for all of you)

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
To all staff

Why didnt I get the moderator postion when it was avavialbe ( When Credo was made it ) Just popped into my head this question and please be very honest !

Meg

Why is that whenever someone own here *gives* something to another member they don't actually give them it?

Keaton

Premium
Meg127 said:
What were some of your childhood games and memories? (This is for all of you)

Eating frozen peas and watching Captain Planet. ^_^

Why is that whenever someone own here *gives* something to another member they don't actually give them it?
Because imaginary things are so much nicer ^_^

Damien said:
Why didnt I get the moderator postion when it was avavialbe ( When Credo was made it ) Just popped into my head this question and please be very honest !

As mentioned above and in the various other Moderator related threads, Angelo Credo was the best person for the postion, mature, level headded, dealt with things on a professional level -- NOT PERSONAL, logical and fair.

There were never reasons why you shouldn't get the postion, there were only reasons why Angelo Credo was the best candidate. It was a unanimous decision by staff. Angelo Credo never asked to be a Moderator, he just contributed to the forum productivly without thought of promotion. Which is a fantastic quality.

At the end of the day, Staff need to make a decision that benefits the forum, its community and staff, best. Angelo Credo was the best choice ^^

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Keaton;267976 said:
As mentioned above and in the various other Moderator related threads, Angelo Credo was the best person for the postion, mature, level headded, dealt with things on a professional level -- NOT PERSONAL, logical and fair.

There were never reasons why you shouldn't get the postion, there were only reasons why Angelo Credo was the best candidate. It was a unanimous decision by staff. Angelo Credo never asked to be a Moderator, he just contributed to the forum productivly without thought of promotion. Which is a fantastic quality.

At the end of the day, Staff need to make a decision that benefits the forum, its community and staff, best. Angelo Credo was the best choice ^^

Cool , thank you for a quick and honest reply :D .. If I could still do rep you would get some :D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
GamblingGambitCloud;268490 said:
how do u create spoiler tags?

[*spoiler]*insert text here*[*/spoiler]

Just remove the *'s from the two
bits and put whatever you want in between the two.

meg127;268524 said:
What is your favorite day of the week and why? :)

Can't say I have a favorite, I can tell you my least favorite though. Monday.

Top Bottom