• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Check out Dante's new look

So, I noticed that awesome deviant art photo and decided to do my best to have a variation of it in my own game. This is a modified version of the classic costume with some hi-res texture bumps and color changes. I think it looks sweet, what do you guys think?
2048x1280.resizedimage

2048x1280.resizedimage

2048x1280.resizedimage

Link for Video.
Link to download.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I would say it's certainly an improvement, he doesn't look like a gigantic jackass for a start, he looks like DMC3 Dante but he conveys a harsher outward appearance. Something i would say better benefits his supposed life on the run from demons.

I would say it's certainly an improvement, he doesn't look like a gigantic jackass for a start, he looks like DMC3 Dante but he conveys a harsher outward appearance. Something i would say better benefits his supposed life on the run from demons.
Thanks, Rayl.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
The stubble makes me think of DMC4 Dante, while the clothes are more DMC3 Dante-like, but it looks more similar to more 'common' clothes (the short jacket instead of a long red coat). I like it, although I find a slight contrast between the clothes and the hair. But in general, good job!! :D

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Looks cool, but the hair always looked stupid on him to me. Maybe have the hair from the standard costume will do it better for me.

To me he looks stylish.
I think white hair fits him better,it makes him look rather unusual and un-human.At first I thought it was the official version of Dante in DmC2,but your version is amazing,hope they make him look like this.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I really can't stand the Classic Costume as is. It looks like a cosplay...or as if someone I hate peeled off the skin of an old friend and is walking around wearing it.

This looks like a definite improvement, but to me it doesn't look enough like vanilla Donte. The whole idea that they decided to transform their character back into the old protagonist they constantly insulted seems really disingenuous to me, yet perfectly in keeping with what I've come to expect from NT.

A nice render, none-the-less. Kudos to the fellow who put it together.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
So, I noticed that awesome deviant art photo and decided to do my best to have a variation of it in my own game. This is a modified version of the classic costume with some hi-res texture bumps and color changes. I think it looks sweet, what do you guys think?

dmcdevilmaycry201305181.jpg

Link for Bigger Version.
Link for Video.
Link to download.
It looks great, but the eyebrows don't look right to me. They were always dark in the originals as well, I'd suggest sticking with darker eyebrows. other than that looks good.

I really can't stand the Classic Costume as is. It looks like a cosplay...or as if someone I hate peeled off the skin of an old friend and is walking around wearing it.

This looks like a definite improvement, but to me it doesn't look enough like vanilla Donte. The whole idea that they decided to transform their character back into the old protagonist they constantly insulted seems really disingenuous to me, yet perfectly in keeping with what I've come to expect from NT.

A nice render, none-the-less. Kudos to the fellow who put it together.
They didn't insult classic Dante, stop lying.

That subtle insult with "Not in a million years" is enough for me to believe that they actually did ,but made it look like it's not an insult,just an innocent joke.
Also, "Classic Dante isn't cool anymore'' ....yet they made the Classic skin.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They didn't insult classic Dante, stop lying.
Just let him blow off steam. I just look at him as the "old man on the porch" nowadays, so there's no reason to take such egregious claims seriously anymore.

mylawnlarge2.jpg

Sorry Macabre. A shameless joke at your expense.

I think it would have been better if you had said, "from my point of view, NT had insulted Dante," instead of looking for yet another reason to attack this already floundering company.

They're going to go under, anyway. No need to kick them while they're down.

Edit:
That subtle insult with "Not in a million years" is enough for me to believe that they actually did...
It was a wig joke. I don't think it can even be counted as "offensive".

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
That subtle insult with "Not in a million years" is enough for me to believe that they actually did ,but made it look like it's not an insult,just an innocent joke.
Also, "Classic Dante isn't cool anymore'' ....yet they made the Classic skin.
And yet the irony of the 'not in a million years' is he winds up becoming Dante at the end.
And yet all the fans kept making edits of Dante with white hair from the get go.

Guess we're just going to ignore that and assume they hated the whole series, even though they've stated they were fans of the originals series.But of course, no one can accept that apparently, because Ninja Theory are demons even though compared to some fans out there, the latter act the worst.

Personally I don't blame them for making that joke, just like they added a '**** you Dante' message on the wall in the Virility level to take a dig at the fanatics giving them death threats and being general dicks in the fandom. Even in the Bob Barbas fight with Bob saying the world hates Dante. It's their sign of saying 'troll all you want, we don't care what you say.'

Anyway, I'm not getting into that arguement any further. I've seen enough poopy hit the fan as it is. But the truth is Ninja Theory do like Devil May Cry, so deal with it. If you can't, your loss.

Just let him blow off steam. I just look at him as the "old man on the porch" nowadays, so there's no reason to take such egregious claims seriously anymore.

mylawnlarge2.jpg

Sorry Macabre. A shameless joke at your expense.

I think it would have been better if you had said, "from my point of view, NT had insulted Dante," instead of looking for yet another reason to attack this already floundering company.

They're going to go under, anyway. No need to kick them while they're down.

Edit:

It was a wig joke. I don't think it can even be counted as "offensive".

So,if they would have thrown it right in your face like making Dante say :
"**** this old Dante look" what do you think it would happen? Of course no one would buy the game of some rude producers who have no respect for the franchise they make money based on.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So,if they would have thrown it right in your face like making Dante say :
"**** this old Dante look" what do you think it would happen? Of course no one would buy the game of some rude producers who have no respect for the franchise they make money based on.
They didn't make money off it. They didn't even break even. DmC sold horrendously. It's over. And it's most likely not coming back.

Unclench a little.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You see, they were saying that Old Dante wouldn't fit in Brokeback Mountain, whereas their...Dante...would...huh.
That was taken out of context. Crush translated what they said multiple times.

Now... now you are purposely trying to mislead people, Macabre. I was willing to laugh off your other efforts to rile people up, but I can't look the other way this time.

Maybe you didn't know that this was taken out of context. However, if I have to personally find crush and have him translate this for you (and everyone else) once again, I will.

No more smoke and mirrors, Mac. You need to stop reaching for low-hanging fruit.

They didn't make money off it. They didn't even break even. DmC sold horrendously. It's over. And it's most likely not coming back.

Unclench a little.

You know,I would like for it to come back,I have the feeling that they would make it look more like the old series but with some improvement,which would be nice. And if they don't,well,I don't really care...I just want this series to be finished in a decent way.

Top Bottom