• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 model swap help

GTAraj2

Hey I'm new here and I've been messing around inside of devil may cry 3 for a little while

I tried to replace dante's force edge with nelo angelo's sword and my game crashes....can I get a little bit of help wtih it ?

I've installed mods before so I do know what I am doing

any help would be much appreciated

GTAraj2

I'm installing it, I export nelo's sword and rename it to dante's force edge weapon name and import it overwriting the original and when I load the game boom crash!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You should replace the Force Edge file though, as far as I know. Not just export the Nelo Angelo sword and leaving the Force Edge file there.

GTAraj2

since I have the style switcher mod I don't have to convert my pak to afs either

but I do replace force edge with plwp_nerosword.pac after renaming it to plwp_sword3.pac

so is there something I am missing ?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmmm... tbh I too had this problem when I installed skins for Dante replacing the default ones... But the crashes stopped after I repeated the replacing operation a second time... so I dunno...

You have a link to the mod?

GTAraj2

if you mean by style switcher then it's on nexusmods, since I need to make 10 posts I cannot post links

but I'll try installing it a 2nd time

edit: I installed the sword over force edge a 2nd time but it never worked

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Also make sure you hit the Refresh button where you have the game installed, after you do all the steps of replacing the file etc.

GTAraj2

well it still doesn't work but I will try another weapon and then either edit this post or put a new reply in

GTAraj2

ok so it's not really working, I extract the file I want and then re-name it to the one I want to replace and then overwrite it in AFS explorer and then close the program and launch the game,

I then use a costume that uses force edge (dante of course) and boom game crashes when the level is about to load.

I guess I'm doing something wrong? I've seen videos online of dante using yamato so

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmmm try to consult the Mod Knowledge Base for DMC3 on Infernal Works, it should tell you what you need to do.

Top Bottom