• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition L2/R2 Not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 41833
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41833

Hey guys I have a problem...
So I learned how to install the Devil May Cry 3 Starter Pack and the Style Switcher for Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, not the HD Collection, but how do I fix the fact that my L2 and R2 aren't responding? I learned that you must use some kind of third party program to fix this, but for some reason, I tried Xdapper and it didn't work, and tried using Steam's big picture mode in order to use it's gaming configuration settings and that didn't work either. Any advice would be appreciated.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's weird. I heard R3 and L3 getting inverted but never this. Check the Style Switcher .ini file. If everything fails, maybe you could delete all the lines regarding the controller support in the file, and use Xpadder to map the buttons on your keyboard to the the ones on the controller.

D

Deleted member 41833

That's weird. I heard R3 and L3 getting inverted but never this. Check the Style Switcher .ini file. If everything fails, maybe you could delete all the lines regarding the controller support in the file, and use Xpadder to map the buttons on your keyboard to the ones on the controller.

What should I be looking for when I check the style switch .ini files? You said to check the style switcher.ini file first but idk what u were telling me to look for? is there some command I should be setting to 1 like weapon switcher or something?

The rest I understand doe, but xpadder I was just really confused on getting it to work because I assume i leave the thing on while running dmc3se? which wasnt working for whatever reason but there was one last step i didnt understood which was unplugging my gamepad which i did not do.

FYI: im also using scp server to make my ps3 controller act as a xbox controller. I did this for all my other games for years, so idk if using something like DS3 fixes the issue.

D

Deleted member 41833

You should be able to recognize the lines related to the controller, they should be grouped under [Xbox] or [XInput] or something like that.

Oh ik what ur referring to, I did change the value of L2 to 11 and R2 to 12. But did you want me to do something else to the lines related to my controller?

If you wanna use Xpadder, you might wanna turn that off.

If i have to turn off scp toolkit stand alone (the program name) to use xpadder, then how do i connect my ps3 controller to my game or my laptop? Dp i not need a program at all? I've never used xpadder.

Fyi: I have an xbox 360 controller as well but i rather i use a ps3 controller since its just alot more comfortable.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you've already changed the values but got no luck, you might just wanna go with the Xpadder route. Which shouldn't need any 3rd party program. With Xpadder, what you do is emulate keyboard and/or mouse inputs on a controller. As far as your computer is concerned, you're still using keyboard and mouse. The game will read your controller inputs as if they're coming from your keyboard, so you don't need a program to connect your controller to the game. That's needed if you want the game to read your controller directly, but with Xpadder you bypass that.

D

Deleted member 41833

Alright, I'm going to try the xpadder route and I most likely will come back with questions. Hopefully I will get it all work out.

D

Deleted member 41833

Yup I got it working, I'm relieved everything is fine now.

Top Bottom