• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition Review (HD ver.)

What rating out of ten would you give the game personally?

• Total voters

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Aw really? Not even tried?

I was too noob at the time to do hard combos, but later, when I grew up and understood the mechanics better I delved deeper into it and man, a whole new way to play it opened to me, the way a Devil May Cry game is supposed to be played.

Even though I'm still here 10 years layer, trying to do gun cancel right and use Artemis' multi lock properly LOL

P.S: you didn't vote dude! XD

lol, no, i'm the casual type, i play games for fun, real life is challenging enough for me.. but this thread made want to try the game again

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
lol, no, i'm the casual type, i play games for fun, real life is challenging enough for me.
Right? From my personal experience in real life, more than a few gamers out there give off the vibe of having an "easier" life than most people.

That's just my opinion, though.
Still, saying a game's one of your personal favorites, but voting that it's bad is kinda odd.
While a game may appeal to my personal taste, I can also express the opinion on whether or not there are too many bad points about it not to dismiss.

They may only be bad points in my opinion, but that still hurts my overall personal score for the game.

From my point of view, I think I'm allowed to vote whether or not I think something is bad from a personal taste, even if I happen to like whatever it is I'm judging.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
lol, no, i'm the casual type, i play games for fun, real life is challenging enough for me.. but this thread made want to try the game again

I see. For me personally though, a considerable part of the fun playing Devil May Cry comes from the challenge, both in how tough the enemies are and in how much technical skill is required to perform the most stylish stuff (that's why I overall enjoyed DMC1, 2 and DmC less than 3 and 4).

A standard that DMC3 set up, since the previous 2 had a more basic and less deep combat system.

And if you want to get back in the game, try switch cancel with Rebellion and Beowulf it's really fun: do High Time then Aerial Rave, switch Beowulf, do hammer punch, jc, Aerial Rave, hammer punch, Helm Breaker, Drive.
I like this combo, gives you the sense of enemy wrecking!

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Right? From my personal experience in real life, more than a few gamers out there give off the vibe of having an "easier" life than most people.

That's just my opinion, though.

While a game may appeal to my personal taste, I can also express the opinion on whether or not there are too many bad points about it not to dismiss.

They may only be bad points in my opinion, but that still hurts my overall personal score for the game.

From my point of view, I think I'm allowed to vote whether or not I think something is bad from a personal taste, even if I happen to like whatever it is I'm judging.

Oh no no, I get that it's your opinion. Not questioning that at all. I just don't understand how you could consider something bad overall, but at the same time call it one of your favorites.

I'm not trying to argue your personal opinion, it just sounds a bit contradicting to me. I mean I like Arkham City, I give it a 9. Worse game I ever played on the PS3 (before I played Operation Racoon City) was Star Wars The Force Unleashed II, and I love Star Wars, but I only give the game a 4 cause I don't like it.

That's all I'm trying to say, I personally don't understand it.

I mean personally, I tend to rate a game just on how much I enjoyed it

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I think you understand just fine if you enjoyed playing Force Unleashed II, but hated it due to its length and somewhat sloppy mechanics.

However, I do like the fact that you're at least trying to see things my way.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
How does it have anything to do with DMC3?
I think he's using it as an example of what he deems as an unworthy sequel, not necessarily a bad game. Force Unleashed II fits that comparison pretty aptly, if you think about it. The game was fine in some aspects, but not nearly as good as it could've been, with proper amendments to design problems.

I also enjoy a few games I think are overrated...DmC, for one. Negative fan feedback aside, the game was praised for all kinds of things by the mainstream gaming press, for things it never did. They were talking about how the game's plot and visuals could cure cancer, and how the combat was the deepest in the entire series.

I love DmC...but none of those things apply to it in the slightest. It's not nearly THAT good. No DMC game is.

Top Bottom