• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry 5 special edition ps5 crash

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
So i was playing just fine on my ps5 whit dmc 5, i reached mission 10 whit vergil, but at some point the game stopped, it didn't even freeze or else, it just stopped, paused alone and the playstation brought me back to the dashboard and an error accured, error number ce-108262-9... I decided to take a brake from the game and closed my console than I restated it after couple of hours and as soon as I turned on the console, it crashed on the dashboard, turning itself off, than i restarted it and it did made some ssd reconstruction, than it went just fine... I played some other games both ps5 and ps4 and it was ok... Than I tryed to play dmc5 again but after half hour the same errore accured, the game stopped and went back to dashboard, only that this time there was no problem when I turned on the console... I tryed other 2 times and it happens every time but only on dmc5 special edition after half hour or so into the game
It seems it's some sort of software error

Did any of you have the same problem? My game is the disc Version by the way

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Hi my man I don't own PS5 but maybe this reditt Post will help don't worry you're not only one that has this problem, adios kid.

Edit: I'm not expert but one thing I'm sure PS5 need a critical software updates with this problems it is like new born baby that need take care.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Hi my man I don't own PS5 but maybe this reditt Post will help don't worry you're not only one that has this problem, adios kid.

Edit: I'm not expert but one thing I'm sure PS5 need a critical software updates with this problems it is like new born baby that need take care.
Thanks dude :) what's matter is that it's a software error, a firmware patch should fix it, hope they release it soon

berto

I Saw the Devil
Had a similar issue. Game just crashes. Three music and all audio just stops and the game says error log sent and throws me back to the dash board. When I go back the game picks up exactly where I left off. Not sure what's going on with that.

Vergil95

Had a similar issue. Game just crashes. Three music and all audio just stops and the game says error log sent and throws me back to the dash board. When I go back the game picks up exactly where I left off. Not sure what's going on with that.
It's exactly my problem, i read online that it's a software error caused by putting ray tracing on game who have it... They say it will not have any issue if you disable ray tracing...

Other people gote the error code Ce-108262-9 due to some internet problem, other got it because of an external hard disk connected...

My assumption is that it's some firmware error that gives random problem on different part of the console , and un update should easy fix this...

However try to play dmc5 whitout ray tragic and see if that works

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
The video is still fresh so if you have both consoles DON'T sell them wait for updates and patches:

Edit: this guy some how has double problem but it can relatable.

Edit: this guy somehow has a double problem but it can relatable.

Last edited:

Vergil95

The video is still fresh so if you have both consoles DON'T sell them wait for updates and patches:

Edit: this guy some how has double problem but it can relatable.

I wasn't going to sell my ps5 in any case, if the problem was excessive i would have give them back and they will give me another, but since the problem just happen whit dmc5 i will not give my console in assistance yet...
I played demon's soul, bugsnax and resident evil resistance all day and it works just fine, so it's obviously there is some software problem whit some ps5 game like dmc5... They have to work on a patch as soon as possible

Edit: all the game he mentioned that crashed his console supports Ray tracing, I wonder if the error it's actually related to having Ray tracing on

Last edited:

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
Well I just finished the game in graphics mode so I will now play with ray trace off from now on and I will confirm if I still get crash today tomorrow

Vergil95

On what mode did you get crashes ?
I only played whit ray tracing on but i still didn't tryed ray tracing off, but
I suppose the problem is ray tracing on all other games work fine...
.i guess a firmware update should fix it

berto

I Saw the Devil
Can you tell me if that solved the problem for you?
I'm in the middle of moving so it'll be a few days before I can even hook up my PlayStation to a TV. I'll let you know if it works but, wouldn't it be faster to check for yourself? It's easy to do.

Vergil95

I'm in the middle of moving so it'll be a few days before I can even hook up my PlayStation to a TV. I'll let you know if it works but, wouldn't it be faster to check for yourself? It's easy to do.
Yeah i couldn't do it in this days but i manage to try it today and I played like 3 hours of dmc 5 se whitout any problem whit ray tracing off... So yeah ray tracing on is the problem... It's probably s firmware error, a Sony update will definitely fix it

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
I can confirm, no more crash after playing with ray tracing off.... anyway on-off there is no big difference except the framerate....In my opinion the game looks better with ray trace off...so Im glad I finished it once on quality mode with 30 fps...just for the graphics, but im never turning ray trace back on in dmc

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Yeah i couldn't do it in this days but i manage to try it today and I played like 3 hours of dmc 5 se whitout any problem whit ray tracing off... So yeah ray tracing on is the problem... It's probably s firmware error, a Sony update will definitely fix it
The problem is solved for good :cool: with a good update from the PS5 server but the post remains open for other people (it's not my post but you have control over this topic so have fun) :) if they have the same problem so.... @Vergil95 enjoy your day :giggle:.

Last edited:

Vergil95

I can confirm, no more crash after playing with ray tracing off.... anyway on-off there is no big difference except the framerate....In my opinion the game looks better with ray trace off...so Im glad I finished it once on quality mode with 30 fps...just for the graphics, but im never turning ray trace back on in dmc
To be fair it look better whit ray tracing on even if the game looks already great whitout it... It's not an impressive ray tracing, but there's differences whit ray tracing active... there is a mode to play whit ray tracing at 60fps if you want , also the quality mode dosent go at 30fps but it target 60fps and sometimes it reach 50 fps but never reach less than 50...

@Dark Angel thank for the support i appreciated that :)

Top Bottom