• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 2 not launching for HD collection on pc?

The launcher opens but when I select DMC 2 then Dante the little in-between screen pops up then the launcher closes and steam behind it says quit for a few seconds then switches back to play signalling that the application has closed. I was trying again with task manager open in the background and DMC 2 appears for a second, and then it says suspended and then closes. I've tried selecting Lucia, lower resolutions, windowed, borderless, opening from the EXE file and none of them have worked. I have no idea why this is, and I can't find any mention of it on any online forum or anything. I'm running on Windows ten, alienware 15 r3, GTX 1050 ti, 16 GB of ram and a SSD.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The launcher opens but when I select DMC 2 then Dante the little in-between screen pops up then the launcher closes and steam behind it says quit for a few seconds then switches back to play signalling that the application has closed. I was trying again with task manager open in the background and DMC 2 appears for a second, and then it says suspended and then closes. I've tried selecting Lucia, lower resolutions, windowed, borderless, opening from the EXE file and none of them have worked. I have no idea why this is, and I can't find any mention of it on any online forum or anything. I'm running on Windows ten, alienware 15 r3, GTX 1050 ti, 16 GB of ram and a SSD.

I’m not the most technologically savvy person out there but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HD Collection? Does anything on your PC require any update/s that might be causing the problem? Have you tried contacting Steam support about your specific issue?

I’m not the most technologically savvy person out there but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HD Collection? Does anything on your PC require any update/s that might be causing the problem? Have you tried contacting Steam support about your specific issue?
I've tried all of these except contacting steam, but I've decided to just move on to DMC 4 and come back to the HD collection later

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've tried all of these except contacting steam, but I've decided to just move on to DMC 4 and come back to the HD collection later

Maybe worth trying to contact them to see if they can provide any answers as to why 2 keeps crashing and help with getting it fixed for you.

Wish you luck with it.

Top Bottom