• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 3 Boss FAQ

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Durante: WHAT?

Arkham is the hardest boss in DMC3 (aside from MAYBE 3rd Vergil) and you're saying he was a piece of Pie? How?!

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Hydralisk;168634 said:
Durante: WHAT?

Arkham is the hardest boss in DMC3 (aside from MAYBE 3rd Vergil) and you're saying he was a piece of Pie? How?!
Maybe he just played the game thousand of times? Or playing it on easy mode, heh.

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Hahaha I can get behind that!

Although I've played it loads myself, I can never finish the second half of that battle without getting hit. :s

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Hydralisk;169141 said:
Hahaha I can get behind that!

Although I've played it loads myself, I can never finish the second half of that battle without getting hit. :s
Well... Neither could i. But i'm not there on HOH yet. So far it's easy, btw... Come on. Jump, shoot, stab, jump shoot, stab, done.

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Am I the only one who thinks that Beowulf was weakest against rebellion? My reasoning:

1. Beowulf is a creature of light. So are the Fallen ones. Fallen ones are weak against the rebellion, thus so should beowulf be.
2. Beowulf, as stated before, is a creature of light. Dante, being the son of sparda, is inherently half-devil, and thus has the power of darkness in him (for lack of a better phrase). Now, I know that this could be intepreted the other way around, ie that light would be strongest against darkness, but given reason 1 it's not really that big a stretch of logic to assume reversed roles - I mean, fire is usually strongest against ice but coldness can prevail against flames (see: Frost file), so in this case I deduce that Rebellion is strongest vs Beowulf.

Possible reason 3: Beowulf sucks against Vergil.

Red

Kaihedgie;50719 said:
I suppose it should really be called a Boss Guide, since there aren't really any questions asked unless you, the readers, do so

Hell Vanguard - The first 'boss' of the game. Seemingly modeled after the Grim Reaper, this demon can teleport like the Sloth except it is better at it. They are weak against The Beowulf gaunlets. After the 2nd mission, they become common enemies. Hell Vanguard has few attacks, but all of them have quite a range. In the harder difficulties, he will manifest himself at random places, often from afar and come at you with a spinning attack and sometimes he comes from below you. Air Hike/Trick Up to avoid the former and roll/Trick to avoid the latter

Gigapede - A large insect based demon. It uses lightning based attacks in the form of energy spheres. It's a lot easier to attack it while on its back, but be warned, it will try to shake you off by spinning vertically.

Gigapede usually fires off purple lightning spheres. If you time your attacks right, you can knock them right back at Gigapede for bonus damage and points

Cerberus - Named after the three headed dog of Greek mythology. Cerberus almost entirely encases itself in ice to shield itself. It uses ice based attacks and its paws to attack. It is weak against Agni and Rudra, schimtars of fire and wind. Defeating it will yield the Cerberus three sectioned staff Devil Arm

When engaging Cerberus, use the Shotgun to instantly blast away its icy shell, exposing its body. Though attacking its forepaws is safer, attacking the head is more effecient. It fires off an ice blast when you're at a certain range. The beam freezes a large portion of the battlefield, which will, in turn, in case you in ice if you're not careful and at close range, swipes at you. When the battle nears its conclusion, Cerberus will use its power to recreate its ice shield protecting it from Devil Arms. As Vergil, keeping firing away with Summoned Swords to hack away the shield before moving in for he kill

Agni and Rudra - Named after the Hindu deities. These comical brother demons attack as a team. Agni is the red skinned demon wielding the power of fire, wielding the red schimtar and Rudra is the blue skinned demon wielding the power of wind and the blue schimtar. They can be tricked into attacking each other. Defeating them yields the demon swords themselves.

Agni and Rudra can suffer from friendly fire, so the Trickster style is needed for that. Both brothers are good at blocking attacks so either jump behind them or wait for them to go on the offensive again. When one of the brothers is defeated, the surviving demon will take his brother's discarded sword, increasing the demon's power

Heart of Leviathan - A demonic heart that defends itself actively. Its right artery steals Red Orbs and the other steals Devil Trigger energy. It is weak against the Beowulf gaunlets

Leviathan's Heart is also guarded by Hell Envy. Even if you defeat them, the Red Orbs they leave behind will be absorbed by the right artery, and it doesn't help that the other is constantly taking away your Devil energy, but that can be taken care of, considering you take the liberty of attacking those defenseless arteries. When one of them fails, the heart's armor will break away momentarily, allowing you to attack. The Heart itself will attack you directly using one of two methods. One of them is a red laser beam that swipes the floor, but will use two when its health is low. The other attack fires slow moving blue lights that can cause quite some damage. Use the Hell Envy as shields against this attack

Nevan - A succubus demon who wields the power of lightning and bats embued with that power. She is weak against the Beowulf gaunlets. Defeating her will yield the Nevan eletric guitar/scythe hybrid Devil Arm

Nevan is completely nude which may distract male players. She defends herself with her bats. The shield can be taken care of though if you hit enough. Once they disappear, she'll be stunned for a bit. Just watch out for her lightning attacks and beware when she intentionally drops her guard to um.....well, just be sure you have some Devil Energy ready. If she grabs you, DT immediately before she drains your energy.

Beowulf - Named after the old legend. Beowulf is a wolf-faced demon who possesses the rare power of light. He is very vengeful of the Sparda bloodline and attacks aggresively using melee attacks. He is weak against the Yamato Devil Arm, being a demon of light.

Beowulf's weak spot is his head of course, and you need to focus there. Easier said than done. Whenever he decides to stomp the yard, brace yourself. He'll attempt to make target practice out of you by tossing towers at you. Hitting Beowulf's eye will temporarily blind him and begin to swing wildly in the air. Don't be fooled if you think he's harmless at long range. Beowulf will shoot his feathers of light at you, which happen to be pretty accurate and fast.

Geryon - Named after the horse. Geryon was once a noble horse until it digested too much demon essence and transformed. This riderless steed will try to trample you and fires spears and explosives from its wagon. It also has the ability to control time and space on a limited scale and can teleport. Defeating it yields the time-warping Quicksilver style

Despite his speed, Geryon does make pit stops every now and then. When he does, wail on him till he falls. When he decides he's had enough, he'll warp time and space to escape. When he starts running around, be on the lookout for floating orbs. Should you somehow touch them by accident, you'll be caught in a time rift, drastically slowing you down while Geryon moves at normal speed. You'll probably have somewhat of a blast with Geryon if you use the Quicksilver style to matchmake. In the event of this, you can use your own time rift to cancel his when you get hit by his warp and vice versa. As Vergil, you can hit either him or his carridge with the Summoned Swords.

Doppelganger - A demon entirely composed of shadow. It takes on a demonic version of its opponents' appearance. It cannot be attacked unless it can be exposed to streams of light where it loses its Devil Trigger-like form. It possesses the same movset as Dante's Rebellion and Beowulf. It is most vulnerable against the Beowulf gaunlets. Defeating it yields the Doppelganger style, the ability to animate your shadow.

When Doppelganger is in its invincible DT state, all attacks pass right through him. Attack the shutters around the room when Doppelganger is near one. The intense light they shoot forth temporarily banishes his DT, making him vulnerable, especially against Beowulf. If you open all shutters, DG will be vulnerable a bit longer. After some time has passed. he'll have had enough and shuts out all light by releasing a burst of darkness. DG will also attempt to shoot Zodiac-style projectiles if you're standing in front of an open shutter to close it. If you time your attack right, you can bounce it right back. In the harder difficulties, he'll send it right back, leading to a Zelda-esque standoff until someone takes the hit

Arkham - After taking hold of Sparda's power, he transformed himself into a hideous demon unlike that of Sparda. He one of the toughest bosses ever and uses spear like projectiles to inflict serious damage and swipes blindly at close range. He summons a legion of smaller demons that attack by lunging themselves at opponents before exploding.

Halfway through the battle, Vergil/Vante will lend a hand and assist you in battle. In this circumstance, you can no longer Devil Trigger and both you and your brother will operate like the Doppelganger style. If you have a friend and a 2nd controller, have him/her press Start for them to take over Vergil/Vante. Arkham will take refuge below the slimy ground where he summons lizard -like creatures to attack you until he appears. Use Kalina Ann as Dante to wipe out the legions or use Vergil's Rapid Slash

Lady - Arkham's headstrong daughter. Though she, too, still wants to kill him, you happen to be in the way and turns on you. Since she is only human, she won't be able to stand up to Devil Arms like any other boss and relies on her Rocket Launcher and handguns and grenades to keep you at bay. Defeating her yields her keepsake weapon, Kalina Ann, named after her mother, the last firearm being a rocket launcher.

Lady holds the distinction of being the only human boss in the entire series. Therefore, she can be easily injured. She'll try to focus on maintaining distance to avoid your Devil Arms, so catch up with her using DT. Quicksilver best works against her evasive nature

Jester - Appears only in Special Edition. He is Arkham's 'Devil Trigger' alter ego. His moves are like those of a circus ringmaster and cast many spells to overwhelm the enemy as well as using a sphere with a two sided face

Jester is a Special Edition-exclusive boss. He can be fought three times. The first time is mandatory but becomes a side boss afterwards and it really isn't worth fighting him since he yields nothing special. When Jester stops attacking, he'll teleport to avoid your attacks, so use your firearms to do damage until he tires in which he'll be defenseless. In the second and third battles, he uses a human-faced sphere which he rides to either smash you or to use a decoy.

Is'nt the Cerberus a Nunchaku because its parts are connected to a common point (ring)? Three-sectioned staves are connected in series... The cutscene "Ice-chucks" is the hint.

Good post though. After reading these, plan a strategy, test it and master the art of demon-slaying.

I am stuck on mission 20. On Very hard. And he is only killing me and making me feel hopeless...
Well, anyway, a stratergy would be good. The video walkthrough on this one is almost impossible to do. And Ryalguard doesnt actually work well with me on that stage. And, I hardly use that style. Anyone have another stratergy?
When I fight Vergil/ Vante I usually go for an Attack avoid repeat pattern. After his helm breaker, stinger him into a combo. Then get the f**k away. Repeat this. If you are using trickster it's easier. Always farm Red Orbs, and stock up on items! :D

He spoke of the ultimate difficulty "Dante Must Die" mode, where you have all the weapons. That's why I suggested you just keep trying and getting used to her attack patterns. If it all goes well you can beat her without sustaining any damage at all.
You don't get Beowulf until much later in the game. Don't worry.
Also, shoot her bats away with Ebony and Ivory there will be a small explosion of magic, and she will be rendered helpless. Watch out. If she does this spontaneously, she will grab you and kiss you until you die. She's leeching your health this way.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol i was so happy when i joined this site and found this guide for dmc3 boss guide made playing the game so much easier :)

U guys are just so great.And im having difficulty clearin the Gears of Madness in the mission 'The hunter and the hnted'

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Am I the only one who thinks that Beowulf was weakest against rebellion? My reasoning:

1. Beowulf is a creature of light. So are the Fallen ones. Fallen ones are weak against the rebellion, thus so should beowulf be.
2. Beowulf, as stated before, is a creature of light. Dante, being the son of sparda, is inherently half-devil, and thus has the power of darkness in him (for lack of a better phrase). Now, I know that this could be intepreted the other way around, ie that light would be strongest against darkness, but given reason 1 it's not really that big a stretch of logic to assume reversed roles - I mean, fire is usually strongest against ice but coldness can prevail against flames (see: Frost file), so in this case I deduce that Rebellion is strongest vs Beowulf.

Possible reason 3: Beowulf sucks against Vergil.

Well isn't the Yamato Beowulf's one weakness? Just trying hitting him with it.

Top Bottom