• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I hated DmC, but damn this is a huge step up. If DmC was like this on it's first release, my opinion of the game might be a lot less harsh, might have even bought it.
What's more hype to me is DMC4 and the possibility of Vergil. Sadly, I dont think I'll buy a console just for this. And seeing how DMC4 had little time in the trailers, I'm quite skeptical on the improvements of the game. Still, fingers crossed.

Gbraga

Hey guys, GregaMan here. I sincerely hope today's announcement made every Devil May Cry fan pretty happy. It's a dense IP, but I still think it represents the pinnacle of the "Stylish Action" genre, and 2015 is immediately the best year for the genre in a long, long time.

GREEEEG!!! I missed you! Can we expect Definitive Edition streams soon? I loved your DmC pre-release streams.

Also, one more asking for taunts, please tell the dudes responsible for this. Now with the touchpad, the amount of buttons should be no issue.

The Final Offer

I hated DmC, but damn this is a huge step up. If DmC was like this on it's first release, my opinion of the game might be a lot less harsh, might have even bought it.
What's more hype to me is DMC4 and the possibility of Vergil. Sadly, I dont think I'll buy a console just for this. And seeing how DMC4 had little time in the trailers, I'm quite skeptical on the improvements of the game. Still, fingers crossed.

Lol

Hater turned lover overnight.

The Final Offer

Hey guys, GregaMan here. I sincerely hope today's announcement made every Devil May Cry fan pretty happy. It's a dense IP, but I still think it represents the pinnacle of the "Stylish Action" genre, and 2015 is immediately the best year for the genre in a long, long time.

I remember when you were pushing DmC and showing us all the moves and mix ups. Thank you so much for that! The Hype is escalating beyond the clouds, we can't breathe in here!

@Spellsword WHERE ART THOU!

Did I just double post!? Holy ****! Don't kill me!

I got one more thing to say in this post and then I'm done...

Playstation Share.

giphy.gif

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Lol

Hater turned lover overnight.

Please no flamebait man, this is a topic for celebration!

No need pulling this thread into "that territory" (you guys know what I mean).

But I'm excited for this, it seems that DmC is correcting the problems I had with it in the past in spades.

I already found this a enjoyable game, but I feel this time it just may become one of my favs thanks to these new features.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This seems a HUGE step in the right direction for this game. They should have done it from the beginning though. Sadly, can't say I'm excited, cause I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One... I hope this will come out for PC as well.

The Final Offer

Please no flamebait man, this is a topic for celebration!

No need pulling this thread into "that territory" (you guys know what I mean).

But I'm excited for this, it seems that DmC is correcting the problems I had with it in the past in spades.

I already found this a enjoyable game, but I feel this time it just may become one of my favs thanks to these new features.

C'mon....let me poke at 'em. Please!? A lil stabby stabby never hurt anyone....please believe my lies...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I have too many issues with DmC, so I doubt this release will fix most of them to make me love it, especially after the brutally horrible PR. I've already tried to "give it a chance" before, and only increased my gripes with the game. Nevertheless my opinion will be less harsh with these fixes.
Sit down and shush. Play the goddamn games and have fun.

I don't wanna hear any more lip! Don't make me get the belt.

The Final Offer

@TWOxACROSS knows wassup.
ALL FEATURES IN THE UPGRADED DmC.
60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.

Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.

Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.

New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.

Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.

Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.

Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.

Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new
Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.

Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.

Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.

Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.

Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original

Did you really just post the same message as the OP?

IS THE HYPE THAT REAL!?
13bc1c13fa243a38db0af9a20cd4c36d.jpg

0349fdc302c91b7a3aa1102fa5a8f400.png

ff18625d89bc61f4d90679175e5f5fbe.png

4e3ac3b024e35d0215bc0e4112850202.png

439e0e9562bf4199e3a2e648adfefd2f.png

47206ffab4a9d633e25a8c6bb539bd05.png

7ca240afb31c366be6874c125bd2e072.png

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Now this... This is how you do a definitive, remaster, updated version of a game. You don't just compile stuff or make it look better, no, you make the game run better and you add features. The Metro games are the only other definitive, redux games that I know that does this and now we can add, ironically, Capcom's DmC to this. Then again, Capcom already sort of knew how to do this with DMC3.

Please come to the PC in some way since I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One... Oh, and DMC4: Special Edition?! Even if it's just like DMC3: SE where Vergil is just a playable character and has no story effect at all besides the one cutscene, it'd still be neat, but I have a feeling DMC4: SE might involve Vergil a bit more. Who knows, it might confirm DMC5 and DmC2. Here's hoping.

Capcom... Capcom's making people feel like there's hope.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Oh yeah! I'm so excited!
I'm gonna get both :D

I'm one of the fans who enjoyed DmC, but I definitely agree that all this should've been in it from the start. Oh well, it'll be great to go through both games again. My favourite improvement is the colour coded enemies thing. That's really the only flaw I had with the game, and I think had no place being in a hack and slash. Also, I'm excited to see what the new cutscene they're adding is going to be.

I'm gonna be coming back to this forum now I'm back in the Devil May Cry hype :tongue:

GregaMan

Addressing a couple questions:

-Turbo Mode is a toggle-able setting, so yes it basically functions like Super Dante and can be applied to the various game modes in the game.

-No taunts confirmed, sorry. Guess young Dante likes to let his weapons do the talking.

-Yes, we will be streaming the game weekly starting in the new year. I also have a crapload of B-roll footage with a particularly well-known DmC player at the helm....

-On "this versus that":
I think this announcement raises a new opportunity to liken Devil May Cry to other "multi-legged" IPs like Mega Man, which had multiple sub-series running concurrently, including those that deviated dramatically from the original games' formula (think Mega Man Legends), or also most popular comic book heroes like Batman or Spider Man. I don't think the existence of sub-brands means everyone needs to take a partisan stance--quite the contrary, the idea is that if you like one, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of the other. I know I am a rabid fan for both games we just announced, and I think both stand light years above just about any other "character action" games out there in terms of action mechanics.

With that in mind, I encourage everybody to be excited, and maybe to also use this upcoming opportunity to deviate outside your comfort zones a little bit. There will be no better stylish action games next year than these two, and neither will take a year to play (though you could play either for years and still learn new tricks).

Top Bottom