• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 = DMC + MetroidVania?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

I don't know about you, but I am definitely getting a MetroidVania/DMC3 vibe in the demo. We continue unlocking areas and locations in DMC5, but it looks like they're taking it into a larger scale. To get past some areas, you'll need these "Nidhoggs."

To break up the predictability of the game, the game also features some interactive environments, especially shown early in the above demo.

There are also dead "people," dead characters, and you also destroy enemies through environmental enemies that come out of walls.

I also noticed you also interact with the items, vehicles or environments around you - like hitting cars will make them destructible. Not completely, but its noticeable.

berto

I Saw the Devil
like hitting cars will make them destructible. Not completely, but its noticeable.
I think people need to try to destroy those cars with more determination. I think they're destructible, that their aim for realism led them to a lot of destructible environments. I think the issue is that the demos all have huge lines so the attendees are always going to have a time limit and they'll probably rush to get as much out of the game before their time runs out. It happened to me when I got to play DMC4 and DmC at comic con.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I think people need to try to destroy those cars with more determination. I think they're destructible, that their aim for realism led them to a lot of destructible environments. I think the issue is that the demos all have huge lines so the attendees are always going to have a time limit and they'll probably rush to get as much out of the game before their time runs out. It happened to me when I got to play DMC4 and DmC at comic con.
I agree. Hopefully someone at Gamescom 2018 has the balls to do it, tho.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ok. At around 2:30 the car explodes:
I see it now. There's two "explosions" animations, the first one "breaks" the car, and the second one actually explodes with fire. Interesting.

I didn't see it in the video I posted. But good to know it's destructible. :cool:

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Carlos I was actually hoping that they would have a slicing animation for the car, like they do with the chairs, rather than a boom but what're you gonna do.

Top Bottom