• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think it would've been better if

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They're both great, imo. However, I haven't put much thought into your question, so I honestly couldn't say.

... Yeah, it might have been.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Man, this is one of the toughest questions I ever seen in a forum. XD I mean, you realize how many variables I should take into account? "Just figuring how the story could have been is almost an insurmountable task"...

Ok, the next time I quote something slap me, guys. I should really quit this habit, but I just can't resist LOL

Koschei

I think it gives more depth to his character; otherwise, he'd just be another grim villain. But now he has a trickstery joker side to him, it's cool.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Would it be better if he was his own character? I honestly never gave it any thought.
I did like the twist. I still remember my reaction. I was all "Whoa, I thought Arkham was just suppose to be Vergil's lackey, but he was freaking playing everyone from the start"

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He probably would have served the role as Arkham's lackey and became another boss fight so I don't think it would change much.

However I'm curious as to how the jester persona was acquired by Arkham and such or just spending more time with Arkham.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
It's brilliant actually. The whole Jester reveal was used as an element of surprise. His character was used to throw everyone off completely and it worked. This is one of the reasons why DMC3 is my all time favorites from the series.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
I think it makes Arkham a better character for it. He made a fools act by sacrificing his wife, so he literally became a fool himself. He wanted power, and he got. Just not in the way he hoped. He even says that he looks like a complete idiot as Jester, so i'm sure he's not too happy about having to turn into a literal clown for power.

Top Bottom