• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
clunky?
u lose two seconds, wow....sooooo slow and clunky, the pause is attention to detail in the animation because that's the way this dante is, like the difference between infamous 1 cole and infamous 2 cole
Actually, you can do alot of things in just two seconds and that also later adds up the longer the combat goes on.

AlchemistFromEden

two seconds? really? I didn't know two seconds could instantly call a game slow and clunky. That sounds like bull crap to me.:/
i was using sarcasm when I said it was slow and clunky, people say its slow but when you do similar things barely any time gets taken off so i think its stupid to call it slow and clunky because the animations are more detailed than they were in dmc4 for obvious reasons

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
i was using sarcasm when I said it was slow and clunky, people say its slow but when you do similar things barely any time gets taken off so i think its stupid to call it slow and clunky because the animations are more detailed than they were in dmc4 for obvious reasons

I wouldn't say it's more "detailed", it's because he would look real dumb if he was swinging his sword the way he does to fast. It wouldn't feel as natural.

Other reasons is for the 30FPS.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
two seconds? really? I didn't know two seconds could instantly call a game slow and clunky. That sounds like bull crap to me.:/
Actually, there alot more inputs you can do in DMC4 in just a mere 2 seconds. And like I said before, those two extra seconds adds up.

ViewtifulStyle

Stylish and Viewtiful
Actually, you can do alot of things in just two seconds and that also later adds up the longer the combat goes on.
To elaborate on this in a way that might make sense to some people.

In DMC3, Quicksilver has a startup animation of about 140 Frames. That's about 2.2 seconds. This entire startup is completely invincible. 2 seconds of invincibility doesn't sound like a lot, but if you replay DMC3 and time the amount of time that some of the longer attacks have active damage frames for, it's only around 1-1.5 seconds. I think about 3 for Beowulf's huge explosion. The game moves very quickly to the point where 2 seconds can mean life or full to dead.

DMC4 also has about the same speed, but I don't know frames for it so I can't tell ya what moves have a whole 140 frames of invulnerability.

This game, is considerably slower in that regard. If 2 seconds in DmC is a short period of time, then the game isn't running at the same pace that the older ones did.

Cheers!

ChaserTech

clunky?
u lose two seconds, wow....sooooo slow and clunky, the pause is attention to detail in the animation because that's the way this dante is, like the difference between infamous 1 cole and infamous 2 cole

...2 seconds is a lot when you are playing an action game. Especially in DMC.
That video alone pretty much proves it's slower.

And just because "it's how Dante is" doesn't mean it isn't less clunky than what I describe him to be. He still feels slightly unresponsive to certain moves, especially with how inconsistent buffering is when it comes to inputting attacks. All these "minor" problems are a huge issue when they are stacked together.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Actually, there alot more inputs you can do in DMC4 in just a mere 2 seconds. And like I said before, those two extra seconds adds up.

TWO seocnds doesn't automatically mean a game is slow. That sounds very convoluted to me. So you can do one extra move within those two seconds. I still don't see how that warrens DmC to be slow.

...2 seconds is a lot when you are playing an action game. Especially in DMC.
That video alone pretty much proves it's slower.

And just because "it's how Dante is" doesn't mean it isn't less clunky than what I describe him to be. He still feels slightly unresponsive to certain moves, especially with how inconsistent buffering is when it comes to inputting attacks. All these "minor" problems are a huge issue when they are stacked together.

Again, I still don't see how two seconds makes a game be called slow and clunky. It just seems really minor in a lot of ways.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
TWO seocnds doesn't automatically mean a game is slow. That sounds very convoluted to me. So you can do one extra move within those two seconds. I still don't see how that warrens DmC to be slow.

Again, I still don't see how two seconds makes a game be called slow and clunky. It just seems really minor in a lot of ways.
Slow and clunky compared to the previous DMC games.

Let me explain.

First, in two second you can do more than just one move, depending on what weapon and style you are using.
That just means you are able to have more input in DMC4 since it's more responsive to what you input.

DmC, compared to for example DMC4, is not as responsive since the games only register less inputs because some animation have to finish before your next input gets registered. So that is why we call it slow and clunky compared to DMC4 because of the inputs, animation and such.

Hope this helps.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
DmC is slower by a somewhat small margin, but I don't really think it's clunky at all. Clunky means like...what? Not being able to do things when you want to do them? And controls being too complicated for simple actions, like if to jump in Mario you had to be running, hold up on the D-Pad, and press B, right? I don't think DmC falls under the clunky category at all.

One thing about DmC is that while it has similar controls and actions to classic DMCs, it still controls its own way. Chaser, I know you aren't much of a fan of the buffering windows the game has, but...looking at it objectively, it still works doesn't it? For an action game, DmC is still pretty good, right? It's not DMC3 or 4 caliber, but I still think it's sits with them. This game has its own things that it's doing, and I think it does them alright, and as a game that's supposed to help pull more people into DMC as a whole, I'd think this works a helluva lot better than Easy Automatic. I agree with you on that mode, it does little to actually encourage the player to get better :/

Claims of "evolved combat" by PR and whatnot I never really listened to, but hey...evolution doesn't always mean exactly better, just...emphasizing a specific aspect sometimes. DmC emphasizes accessibility, and I will definitely agree that it does make things more accessible, through its control scheme or its greater difficulty range. For the game they wanted to make, I'd say they achieved it. Alienated fans be damned, that's their own prerogative to feel that way.

For what it's worth, perceived problems and all, I'm still all for this game. I don't give a damn whether it's "too easy" or whatever compared to the classic DMCs, people can compare it all they want, but...Capcom wanted to do something different, and I accept that. I wasn't expecting this to be a carbon copy of the classics with a new skin. I knew what I was getting into, and I don't regret it.

And Alchemist, for the love of gunblades, dial it back about ten notches. It's great that you love the game, that's awesome, but don't be an extremist, it doesn't help anyone, and it just makes you seem extremely standoffish. And in public fora, the last thing you want in a civil discussion is someone you don't think you can have a civil discussion with.

Mystiq Doom

Honestly, I think this Dante is more versatile than DMC3 Dante...Just not DMC4 Dante. But really, who in the whole GENRE is as versatile as DMC4 Dante? Bayonetta is his only rival, even remotely.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
And Alchemist, for the love of gunblades, dial it back about ten notches. It's great that you love the game, that's awesome, but don't be an extremist, it doesn't help anyone, and it just makes you seem extremely standoffish. And in public fora, the last thing you want in a civil discussion is someone you don't think you can have a civil discussion with.
I doubt he'll listen to you. :/

Top Bottom