• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014

I liked the atmosphere in this game. Gameplay and battle system is a bit hard to get into. Music is really good.
Story and plot about travelling to the Netherworld. Good fantasy.

Nekodark

ikr? It turned out to be my favorite game of all time. And the fact that Vergil has his own "Persona" (doppleganger) makes me want the DLC all the more.

You do not play a SMT game...you plan a vacation around it and then some time off after that..or just say goodbye to your life since you wont be leaving the screen for some time no matter how many times you died...heck I think if you don't make yourself take a brake you might not even use the bathroom or eat...but luckily with P4G that problem is solved you can take it with you...um...yeah..not addicted..I pulled myself away for a bit...still got the shakes..and I am playing Nocturne again..and DmC is coming out as well...

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
ikr? It turned out to be my favorite game of all time. And the fact that Vergil has his own "Persona" (doppelganger) makes me want to play the DLC all the more...
I can't wait to see how the DLC ends, honestly well worth the 5$ (well more, but 5$ for me since I just need 400MSP to get it) I would get DmC on PS3, but my Ps3 is...acting strange. While PC my PC sucks.

Downfall

You do not play a SMT game...you plan a vacation around it and then some time off after that..or just say goodbye to your life since you wont be leaving the screen for some time no matter how many times you died...heck I think if you don't make yourself take a brake you might not even use the bathroom or eat...but luckily with P4G that problem is solved you can take it with you...um...yeah..not addicted..I pulled myself away for a bit...still got the shakes..and I am playing Nocturne again..and DmC is coming out as well...

Good thing I have a lot of free time then. :troll:

Seriously though. I get a week off after working two weeks at a time. It's works out ok, however, if I start going to school, then goodbye Persona. T_T

No shame in taking it to the bathroom with you. I take it everywhere I go, no matter where. It's like a religious necklace at this point... :steve:

Nekodark

Shin Megami Tensei? I played the one called Lucifer's Call, the one with Dante (DMC2) in it. Or rather, I played it for a bit, got really bored of it and then never touched it again. XD

Oh yay you have played Nocturne!, I am a bit addicted to Atlus games..they always seem to grab me with their stories and my gods that game!..the times I died the horrible memories..yet I would do it again...well I am doing it again...most of the Atlus games I have you can hardly find and if so people are charging like whoa..

Good thing I have a lot of free time then. :troll:

Seriously though. I get a week off after working two weeks at a time. It's works out ok, however, if I start going to school, then goodbye Persona. T_T

No shame in taking it to the bathroom with you. I take it everywhere I go, no matter where. It's like a religious necklace at this point... :steve:
I seriously bit my sister when she put her hand in front of my Vita screen when I was playing P4G I am not done with the game but...yeah..I get really into it..I think that the reason the exchange between Dante and Poison is nothing to me is because that is how I sound when I am playing a game and sweating bullets and stuff...the things that comes out my mouth make them seem tame and I don't normally curse only while playing a game. lol

Downfall

Shin Megami Tensei? I played the one called Lucifer's Call, the one with Dante (DMC2) in it. Or rather, I played it for a bit, got really bored of it and then never touched it again. XD

You had to play up until near the end to get Dante. I just youtube'd it and saw the cutscene where you get fight him and have him join your party. Not worth the effort, trust me. Besides, you have to do fulfill a lot of requirements just to be able to meet him...although, I forgot what they were. :ermm:

ZeroLove

Oh yay you have played Nocturne!, I am a bit addicted to Atlus games..they always seem to grab me with their stories and my gods that game!..the times I died the horrible memories..yet I would do it again...well I am doing it again...most of the Atlus games I have you can hardly find and if so people are charging like whoa..

Hehe, maybe I should try and pick it up again, but back then I didn't care for it.
By the way, I've heard that game has multiple titles... Lucifer's Call was on the box I bought, but people also call it Nocturne. How come?

You had to play up until near the end to get Dante. I just youtube'd it and saw the cutscene where you get fight him and have him join your party. Not worth the effort, trust me. Besides, you have to do fulfill a lot of requirements just to be able to meet him...although, I forgot what they were. :ermm:
I only bought the game, because Dante was in it. :p

Downfall

I don't always play Shin Megami Tensei...

But when I do, it's with a walkthrough.

The only ones I've played were Persona 3 and 4. I wanted to get everything right so I used a walkthough on them. I ended up screwing up both times and getting behind on my schedule when I was about 25 percent through the game. I was seriously frustrated at that point.

Now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. And if I screw up, that's ok. There's always New Game Plus... :steve:

Nekodark

Hehe, maybe I should try and pick it up again, but back then I didn't care for it.
By the way, I've heard that game has multiple titles... Lucifer's Call was on the box I bought, but people also call it Nocturne. How come?

If I recall I think it is only called Nocturne in NA..I could be wrong and I got the game before I even knew of Dante being in it, got it because it was a new SMT game.

Downfall

NA Version was different. But you shouldn't go back to it if you don't really care for it.

That's what I figured. Actually, that's the only reason I took interest in Nocturne. I never ended up getting it though. I don't really regret it. I still have to beat P4G. That'll take up a lot of time as it is. >_<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wha... I just... What...

Excuse me, I think... I need... Where's my bourbon? Ah... Yeah, there it is... *guzzles bottle* Yeah, I'm underage. I don't give a f*ck.

(DISCLAIMER: I do not condone the use of alcohol or any other drugs unless used in moderation! Thank you for reading this and have a nice day. Or evening, depending on which hemisphere you live in.)

ZeroLove

It's one of those things where just because you like something, you're automatically labeled by another person. (if that makes sense)

Ugh, I hate labels... From the way I dress I have been called emo, but that's just my style, not who I am. Because I date guys I have been called gay, but I have also had relationships with girls, loved them and had sex with them, so I'm at least bi if anything, though I haven't had such feelings for the female gender in a long time now.

People only see the shell. They don't wish to understand what is beneath, because then they have to take into consideration that we are persons, individuals, human beings... It is MUCH easier to put people in boxes, put a label on their foreheads and then think they belong there with all the rest of the people they've put those labels on.

Gamers do that ALOT! Either you like DmC or you like DMC. You can't like both, because then you aren't a "true" fan. And f*ck, I hate that term. There's no such thing as a true fan, a fan is a fan, some are just more obsessed than others.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Ugh, I hate labels... From the way I dress I have been called emo, but that's just my style, not who I am. Because I date guys I have been called gay, but I have also had relationships with girls, loved them and had sex with them, so I'm at least bi if anything, though I haven't had such feelings for the female gender in a long time now.

People only see the shell. They don't wish to understand what is beneath, because then they have to take into consideration that we are persons, individuals, human beings... It is MUCH easier to put people in boxes, put a label on their foreheads and then think they belong there with all the rest of the people they've put those labels on.

Gamers do that ALOT! Either you like DmC or you like DMC. You can't like both, because then you aren't a "true" fan. And f*ck, I hate that term. There's no such thing as a true fan, a fan is a fan, some are just more obsessed than others.
I know...some of that feel? I don't know, I'm alone 97% of the time, I got nothing going for me. Yeah, one of them on deviantart is RAVE-OH-LUTION, (hate the site, but go check once in a while) and he's basically one of those people who hate the game and label others...it's like you're not aloud to like a certain video game. In my opinion, True fans are those who will stick by the name of the game...no matter what...but that's my take on things. Hell, I've been labeled before as well.
Things like: Pale ****, Tall ****, anything that ends with ****, and the best one I've gotten one day while outside was "You look like the new bitch Dante!" I looked at him and went "...New 'bitch' Dante is someone you just randomly passed by on a street, y'know...a person you'd normally see in every day life? Thanks for proving my point, man."
Labels suck...no one is aloud to be friends or like a certain thing anymore, I just really wish people could just get along and agree both are amazing.

WorkenOnMaLeft

I will do tomorrow. I spent today getting through the campaign. Loved it. Now I'm really experimenting with this game in the training room. Really trying to push what Dante can do. I'll name my first combo after you.
Why is it in 60FPS?

Kablooey is essentially Lucifer.
There's a lot going here, what you don't see in the weapon switching that I'm doing. Anyone who played DMC4 knows the amount of faffing around you do with the Dpad and DmC is no different.
that was very nice. DmC has about 65-70 moves so yes, potentially speaking DMC4 (which 80 moves or so) has a bit more combo possibilities, but it is by no means "vastly superior" so idk why people keep acting as such.

Downfall

that was very nice. DmC has about 65-70 moves so yes, potentially speaking DMC4 (which 80 moves or so) has a bit more combo possibilities, but it is by no means "vastly superior" so idk why people keep acting as such.

Well, you know how people are: afraid of change, hating things just because it doesn't live up to their standards, etc.

Top Bottom