• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

..."Fans Protests" Facebook page...REALLY?

ZeroLove

Not the ones who replied to me/commented on my channel in the video that was posted.
Some of them blatantly tell me that DmC is better and DMC sucks without any explanation.

As said, there are bad apples on both sides. Supporters and skeptics alike. I personally liked your video, comparing the gameplay of DmC with DMC4. It showed that DmC had some things that were better, but that it also had some flaws. ^^

You did a good job, Chaser.

Blacknerd

Irrelevant

this is also irrelevant

I want to hug your picture
Terriermon_vg.gif
:3

Azurel

As said, there are bad apples on both sides. Supporters and skeptics alike. I personally liked your video, comparing the gameplay of DmC with DMC4. It showed that DmC had some things that were better, but that it also had some flaws. ^^

You did a good job, Chaser.

I just want to see a pro playing DMC3 and DMC4. And then, after that, they play DmC, and point out what could have been improved (not, "this sucks/is nerfed/is broken) just... something constructive.

"Well, this weapon could use more cancel-able frames." "Perhaps this weapon should have been weaker" etc.

Something presented in a neutral, non-hater light.

Anyway, would you mind posting the vid Tech? I don't know where to find it.

ZeroLove

I just want to see a pro playing DMC3 and DMC4. And then, after that, they play DmC, and point out what could have been improved (not, "this sucks/is nerfed/is broken) just... something constructive.

"Well, this weapon could use more cancel-able frames." "Perhaps this weapon should have been weaker" etc.

Something presented in a neutral, non-hater light.

Anyway, would you mind posting the vid Tech? I don't know where to find it.

I think Chaser would be the man to do that. ^^

ChaserTech

I'll take that, as well. They had no right to do so.

Person 1: Old DMC sucks, DmC is better in every way!
Person 2: Why do you think that?
Person 1: I don't need to tell you! It's just better!

See how that sounds?

If people are going around saying that old DMC sucks and the DmC s better without any explanation why they think this way, they are basically labeled as ignorant fanboys. Granted it's their opinion on the matter, but it doesn't prevent other people to think they are immature when they don't have a solid foundation for an argument.

They don't have explanations. Just opinions on how they feel about the game. That's not much of an explanation.

EDIT:

Here are videos of me playing DMC4 and DmC:

The DmC video is a result of me playing for about 3 - 4 hours for the first time and then recording afterwards.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Person 1: Old DMC sucks, DmC is better in every way!
Person 2: Why do you think that?
Person 1: I don't need to tell you! It's just better!

See how that sounds?

If people are going around saying that old DMC sucks and the DmC s better without any explanation why they think this way, they are basically labeled as ignorant fanboys. Granted it's their opinion on the matter, but it doesn't prevent other people to think they are immature when they don't have a solid foundation for an argument.

They don't have explanations. Just opinions on how they feel about the game. That's not much of an explanation.
That is so stupid. Old DMC does not suck(except 2 imo). This is what happens when people get too attached to their precious little opinions and just end up spouting utter dbag bs.

Azurel

Allow me to elaborate. Those people should have offered their own explanations (reasonable or not, sometimes they cannot provide a good one, sometime due to one reason or another) as to why they think the old ones are actually worse than DmC.

Thank you for posting the vids. I'll watch them now.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I don't know what's more pathetic, blind haters talking **** on Facebook, or blind haters posting videos trying to ridicule supporters of a ****ing reboot.

This whole ****ing ordeal regarding a VIDEO GAME has really made me lose faith in a lot of the gaming community.

8BitHero

Scrub
coukd you rewrite the sentence? cause i didnt get it /:
Yeah sorry I have no idea why it's that bad. I meant the Slasherjpc video. He found DmC controls to have too many buttons and options which is odd since it actually has less buttons and styles than DMC4

Kinda funny how some of those comments include comments that were on my videos. lol
Dammit how did he miss me from YouTube and this forum. Ughhh. Oh well, I feel bad for the guy anyway. It must be hard living with a douchebag-type voice like that. :troll:

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Yeah sorry I have no idea why it's that bad. I meant the Slasherjpc video. He found DmC controls to have too many buttons and options which is odd since it actually has less buttons and styles than DMC4

Dammit how did he miss me from YouTube and this forum. Ughhh. Oh well, I feel bad for the guy anyway. It must be hard living with a douchebag-type voice like that. :troll:

I remember the comments on your video which completely shut down that crappy review of the DmC demo. God they were so ****ing ridiculous.

Azurel

That is so stupid. Old DMC does not suck(except 2 imo). This is what happens when people get too attached to their precious little opinions and just end up spouting utter dbag bs.

Wait. Allow me to add to that.

DMC1 was... good. 60 frames, lock-on and all that. However, although the modern concept of Jump Canceling (with the shotgun) came from that game (it first "appeared" in The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link in a very rough form, while Smash Brothers presented it in a slightly less rough form), and was popularized through that, the combat system was still lacking in that game.

For instance, no Aerial Rave. Sure, you could "juggle" an enemy on the ground with a regular combo and Kick 13. You could keep them in the air by using "Vortex" and E&I in conjunction with one another. However, it was still missing a lot, something that would be remedied with 3.

DMC2: .... moving on.

DMC3: Ah, now here's an action game. Unrivaled by almost everyone, except maybe Bayonetta. But even Bayonetta doesn't have Royal Guard (Witch Time does not count, sorry), so, I'll leave that out of this entry.

Here was a game that had more jump canceling, more frame cancels, and just pretty much more speed all around. It still hasn't been topped in the series. I say that because...

DMC4: Now, most people would think that it's better because you have access to all the styles and that you can use more than two melee weapons at a time. But dig beneath the surface, and you'll start to see something else.

Crazy combos were gone. That little link in-between combos made a lot of difference. Sure, there was "Million Stab", but other than that, you couldn't really do as much as you could in DMC3. There was no "Wallrun", "Freeride" and "Poleplay" severely limiting your combos while in Trickster.

Sure, you could still stay in the air indefinitely with Jump Cancels, but by taking away moves like that one I mentioned above, you pretty much forced the player to play that way to begin with.

Anyway, I still stand by what I said when I say nothing compares to DMC3. But, I will also stand firm on my opinion when saying that DmC is almost as good as DMC4.

And how was that, Zero? Still good? Lol.

Don't worry, that's the last time I ask you this.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I think DMC4, if you consider it independent of the other DMC games, is fantastic. But I think the reason why a lot of people felt disappointed with it (me included) is because DMC3 was so ****ing good.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
DMC4 only ****ed me off due to the terrible backtracking and cleaning up Nero's mess.
Well, some areas were different and all...but why couldn't they have made different levels instead of going backwards?

ChaserTech

Crazy combos were gone. That little link in-between combos made a lot of difference. Sure, there was "Million Stab", but other than that, you couldn't really do as much as you could in DMC3. There was no "Wallrun", "Freeride" and "Poleplay" severely limiting your combos while in Trickster.

Watch this if you were talking bout crazy combos disappearing in DMC4. I can assure you they never left.

You could do more than DMC3 all at once. Rather than picking and choosing your Styles, you had 5 to work with on the fly.

Sure, you could still stay in the air indefinitely with Jump Cancels, but by taking away moves like that one I mentioned above, you pretty much forced the player to play that way to begin with.

Wallrun, Freeride, and Poleplay didn't expand combo creativity by much. They were good only for situational uses.

Anyway, I still stand by what I said when I say nothing compares to DMC3. But, I will also stand firm on my opinion when saying that DmC is almost as good as DMC4.

In terms of combat, no. Not by a long shot.

8BitHero

Scrub
I do like your playstyle sir...so I would like to see them BBC DmC combo vids start rolling in.
I will do tomorrow. I spent today getting through the campaign. Loved it. Now I'm really experimenting with this game in the training room. Really trying to push what Dante can do. I'll name my first combo after you.
Why is it in 60FPS?

Kablooey is essentially Lucifer.
There's a lot going here, what you don't see in the weapon switching that I'm doing. Anyone who played DMC4 knows the amount of faffing around you do with the Dpad and DmC is no different.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I will do tomorrow. I spent today getting through the campaign. Loved it. Now I'm really experimenting with this game in the training room. Really trying to push what Dante can do. I'll name my first combo after you.
Why is it in 60FPS?

Kablooey is essentially Lucifer.
...Well that was awesome.
Also, Tech! nice video! Please warn us next time, had earphones in, volume up and the music literally made me fall out of my chair.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I think DMC4, if you consider it independent of the other DMC games, is fantastic. But I think the reason why a lot of people felt disappointed with it (me included) is because DMC3 was so ******* good.
I would agree that DMC3 still stands at the top of the DMC foodchain. I really did enjoy DMC4 until around level 10 or 11. I could forgive the fact that the combat was not as intricate as 3 but the horrible pacing, level design, and story which I never typically care about in a DMC game but was just too absurd and aggravating in this game to ignore. Still liked the game and spent way too much time in bloody palace on that game.

Top Bottom